Messi or Iniesta?

• Messi

Votes: 37 72.5%
  • Iniesta

Votes: 14 27.5%

• Total voters
K

knnza

Except from X Factor giving Messi an 8 and one or two other things, I pretty much agree with you.

yeah you're right its probably a 9. I just got tired of the ratings by then lol.

But anyways, for Balon D'or this year it should be

1 Messi
2 Iniesta
3 Ronaldo ;/ (he'll end up getting more votes then Xavi...but Xavi is better)
4 Xavi
5 Either Eto'o or Ibra...

Sallou

yeah you're right its probably a 9. I just got tired of the ratings by then lol.

But anyways, for Balon D'or this year it should be

1 Messi
2 Iniesta
3 Ronaldo ;/ (he'll end up getting more votes then Xavi...but Xavi is better)
4 Xavi
5 Either Eto'o or Ibra...

Btw, agree with your ratings mostly; we gave the same on alot of things.

Anyway, I agree that Xavi SHOULD be higher than Ron, but won't be. However, I think 5. will be S Gerrard.

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
Iniesta is one of the "motors" of team, but Messi is one of these players that could change a game in one single minute... so I voted Messi, but true, true... I choose both :lol:

BarçAFan10

"Made it, Ma! Top Of The World!"
-----------------Messi----Iniesta
Dribbling-----------9.5------8.5
Pace--------------9---------8
Stamina-----------8---------7.5
Strength----------8.5-------7
Passing-----------8--------9
Technique---------9---------9
Finishing----------9.5--------7
Shooting----------8-------6.5
Heading-----------6---------5
Crossing-----------7---------7
Playmaking--------8--------9
Tackling-----------6---------7
Ball control--------9.5--------8.5
One touch play----9-------9
Decision Making----9---------9
X-Factor----------8.5-------8

Messi - 8.1
Iniesta - 7.8

If we are taking based on last season, then Leo is the best player in the world without a single doubt in my mind. He scored freaking 38 goals ! More than most strikers ... Plus he had a decent amount of assists, we suffer when he doesn't play, he decides matches ... Iniesta only had the edge over him in the Chelsea match, otherwize it was all Messi, plus Iniesta was injured for 2 months, while Messi didn't get injured at all so I don't know how you can make a comparison.

One more thing, and I'm sure some of you will disagree with this, but Messi is IMO the BEST dribbler in the world, better than Iniesta/Ronaldo/Kaka even better than Dinho in 2005 in terms of dribbling and controlling the ball. I have yet to see a defender own him in a match or to see him loose the ball more than 1-2 times per match !

you can't argue with this +1;)

Rulz

2009 Internet Champion
Oh no.. It's Sophies Choice again. :(

You know what though, i'm not gonna do a Meryl Streep and chose, i'm going to say both. Separately they are both fantastic, but together they are a Juggernaut, and you don't mess with the Juggernaut, BITCH!

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
-----------------------Messi----Iniesta
Dribbling-----------------10-------9
Pace---------------------9--------9
Stamina------------------9--------9
Strength-----------------6--------4
Passing(long+short)-------8-------10
Technique----------------10------10
Finishing------------------9-------6
Shooting------------------8-------5
Heading-------------------5-------3
Crossing-------------------7-------9
Playmaking----------------7-------10
Tackling-------------------3------5
Ball control----------------10-----10
One touch play------------9------10
Decision Making------------9------10
X-Factor------------------10-----9
--------------------------129----127

From the numbers Messi is slightly better, which however doesnt mean hes generally better. Some positions dont require certains certain skills, or just not that much. Thus some weaknesses hardly matter then.

Hard to say who is the more important player in the team. Depends on the opponent and on the score too. Generally i would say the central midfielders are pretty much the most important players simply by their number of ball contacts and their need for positioning throughout the whole game with or w/out the ball (b/c they are always close to it). However, Barca has the tendency to build up primarily over the right flank, giving Messi basically as much contacts like the midfielders (same counts for Alves too).

So thats a really tough choice. I think MEssis ability to pull 3 opponents regularly on himself and creating a lot of space this way is as valuable as his scoring abilities. Same is however true for Iniestas awesome rushes into the box, his assists and his pure genius of playmaking and passing. I actually wouldnt wanna miss any of the two tbh ...

zanela

-----------------------Messi----Iniesta
Dribbling-----------------10-------9
Pace---------------------9--------9
Stamina------------------9--------9
Strength-----------------6--------4
Passing(long+short)-------8-------10
Technique----------------10------10
Finishing------------------9-------6
Shooting------------------8-------5
Heading-------------------5-------3
Crossing-------------------7-------9
Playmaking----------------7-------10
Tackling-------------------3------5
Ball control----------------10-----10
One touch play------------9------10
Decision Making------------9------10
X-Factor------------------10-----9
--------------------------129----127

I see, u 've bin generous with the ratings there...:D

U probably the only one on this thread whose given both a 9 for pace...

So thats a really tough choice. I think MEssis ability to pull 3 opponents regularly on himself and creating a lot of space this way is as valuable as his scoring abilities. Same is however true for Iniestas awesome rushes into the box, his assists and his pure genius of playmaking and passing. I actually wouldnt wanna miss any of the two tbh ...

Wht ppl dont realise is Messi is not just abt goalscoring & creating space for others. He also makes a lot of assists & is involved a lot in our build-up play just like xavi/iniesta...
He was the second highest assister last season & thru out their career Messi has more assists to his name thn Iniesta...and messi is younger & has played fewer games.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
I see, u 've bin generous with the ratings there...:D

U probably the only one on this thread whose given both a 9 for pace...
Yup, but dont forget that we are talking about the prolly two best players in the world right now, who (besides other qualities) mostly appear like having the ball glued to their feet. I dont see anyone with comparable "ball-treatening" skills, not even CR tbh.

About the pace: MEssi is without doubt to me one of the quickest around, but i was actually considering a lower rating (like an 8) for Iniesta. But he is quite a weasel himself, esp. while having the ball - i actually dont think hes slower with it ... having it glued to his feet is prolly the reason ;)

And i also used the scale in the other direction as you could see. Ratings are meant to distinguish, which cant be done by only using 7-9, sth a lot of ppl tend to do. There is also no reason to avoid the 10 by any cost. If someone is the best at sth, i dont see why i wouldnt want to give a 10.

Wht ppl dont realise is Messi is not just abt goalscoring & creating space for others. He also makes a lot of assists & is involved a lot in our build-up play just like xavi/iniesta...
He was the second highest assister last season & thru out their career Messi has more assists to his name thn Iniesta...and messi is younger & has played fewer games.
Also true. Although i didnt deny Messi the ability to assist himself, b/c thats actually what hes been doing when creating space - setting up an opportunity in the space for someone else. Prolly just some misunderstanding wording from my part.

Juan03

i really dont understand why some people are rating Iniesta's dribbling higher than Messi's and im not saying Iniesta is a bad dribbler, he is one of the best but Messi definitely is above him in that department

N

nashy07

Iniesta is my fav player..but there's no doubt messi is the better player..iniesta jus had an amazing year while messi's form wasn't consistent this season

Home of Barca Fans