Dmytro Chygrynskiy

S

Snyde

With Militio not recovering and Caceres going on loan it makes much more sense. Both Puyol and Marquez were, in some games very good and in others not so much then there is the factor of age. So we probably don't rely on them too much now. So then there is only Pique and Henrique has yet to impress Pep (he should be able to, he was generally v.good whenever I saw him with Bayer). I guess if we are looking for someone to partner Pique, he is a good option? I saw him little bit in UEFA Cup but that's about it. Anyone seen him on a regular basis?
I hope they are sure about him as we will suffer if we keep trying CBs and not get a solid partnership going.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Only because of Márquez's freak injury + Cáceres not being good enough. Henpiqué is the future.
Marquez is getting older as well. I like him, sure. He is still good but he has his moments as well. It's like Puyol, only with more touch. Henrique is the future, agree. Maybe he turns out this year like Piqué in the end ....... and maybe he jsut stays this year like Piqué in the beginning of the season.

Alves-Puyol on the right
Abidal-Maxwell on the left (mirror image of the right in fact)
I think the wings are cool now.

Piqué-Marquez-Henrique (Puyol maybe) in the middle. That has to be better and certainly gain more depth. If someone has a bad patch at CB, he needs to be replaced for a period. Therefore, bring in a CB that has gained some status (cause Henrique has all to prove)

I don't think we should count on Milito, sadly.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It makes a lot of sense. Check the end of last season, CB's were a problem.

Not only the injury or suspension thingies, but also form. Do you want to build your team on a Puyol that doesn't hit form for a month at CB? I love Puyol but he did some strange things at CB. I have the feeling he will be played as a Rb more often than a CB if we get another CB. And Puyol is much better at the wings imo.

How´s Dani Alves fit in that picture then? We have Henrique now and that completes 4. As for the CL final... We would have been well off had Pep counted on Caceres as a first team player. If he accepts Henrique, we have more than enough.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
He needs to if he wants to rotate. Pep did it some games last season. It's not that bad. Henry gets benched as well for a game.

Now that we have Maxwell, Alves could be benched more often than last year. Maxwell + Puyol and Alves + Abidal. Make it 50/50 and see which thing turns out to be the best. Puyol is already 32. Yes, he is the captain and yes, he is a symbol. But you need to be at your top in Barcelona. There were times he wasn't last year at CB. If that happens again: make him go RB.

And Pep rotates a lot. It shouldn't be that hard. For the really big games, you can always go back to the classic formation.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
His coach Mircea Lucescu gave an interview to Ona FM (Castillan radio station I think) where he said that Dmitro had asked him to let him join us.

“When a team like Barcelona ask, you cannot say no. I understand the player, because he want to go to Barcelona with all his heart. Who would not want to? I think any player would relish it."

He seems to think he'd be a great signing for us and said he has a fantastic future ahead of him. I'm all for it, CB proved a tricky position at the end of last season and I don't think Gabi will be back this year.

E

Esteve

We're talking about €20M here, yeah? We've spent €45-50 on Ibra & €4.5M on Maxwell. So, let's say that takes us to €75M. Where would that leave us as far as signing a midfielder goes?

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
We're talking about €20M here, yeah? We've spent €45-50 on Ibra & €4.5M on Maxwell. So, let's say that takes us to €75M. Where would that leave us as far as signing a midfielder goes?
I don't see Mascherano signing materializing so bets on Poulsen since Caceres is heading towards Torino.

E

Esteve

Ah! Of course. Juve confirmed their interest in Cáceres & mentioned the possibility of Poulsen being included in the deal. So that would leave us with Maxwell, Ibra, Chyhrynskyi & Poulsen. Four new players & more strength in depth. I must admit, none of those four would have been in my ideal squad for next season but having said that, I'll have faith in Ibra when he signs & in Chyhrynskyi & Poulsen if they sign.

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
Its un fair to say Caceres is not good enough for barca, last season he was not give a real opportunity to show what he was capable of.
So saying he was not good enough is a fair estimation of his abilities, because when i saw him play he was quality he just needs to be given a chance he's only 22.

I don't think we will sign Poulsen, last i herd he was talking to to two English club.
As we are still very interested in Mascherano, that would be a great bunch of players ssigned this summer.

Kerrison
Ibrahimovich
Dymtro
Maxwell
Mascherano/Poulsen/Fabregas/Mata/David silva/Ashley young/Franck Ribery/

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
If we sign Chyhrynskyi I can't see us signing anyone else. I'd still like a winger but I just can't see it happening.

Home of Barca Fans