Fifa World Rankings

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Here's the top 20 now ( the next release for the rankings will be 16 October )

1. Brazil
2. Spain
3. Holland
4. Italy
5. Germany
6. Russia
7. England
8. Argentina
9. Croatia
10. France
11. USA
12. Greece
13. Serbia
14. Australia
15. Switzerland
16. Denmark
17. Portugal
18. Czech Republic
19. Bulgaria
20. Ivory Coast

Scotland are 30th, Northern Ireland 31st, Republic of Ireland 38th and Wales are 67th.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
thats pretty much right. i could see serbia, ivory coast etc beating those teams-they are much better.

Aasim

Bumbleman
So Spain lose one match and get dropped? Ok Brazil won the confeds cup but Spain have lost one game since 2007 or something....

and why are Italy 4th?? England have been on fire lately with Italy being absolutely shite.

VivaBarca

It's too do with points. Italy won the 2006 World Cup. Portugal have in general sucked apart from getting to semis of 2006 World Cup. England didn't make Euro 2008. That's why they are where they are because of points and getting high in competitions.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
But Italy winning the WC is ages ago. Somehow they passed even us in the past months. And i cant remember them putting out great results tbh. But maybe my memory is flawed a bit ...

Aasim

Bumbleman
2006 WC is quite a long time ago tbh. The points don't add up is my point. Spain have won every match since 2007, including a Euro and the last WC Brazil won was 02. So how are they ahead of Spain? The list is flawed so much.

Plus, what have Holland done to acheive such high rank? Quarters of Euro08...

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
It's too do with points. Italy won the 2006 World Cup. Portugal have in general sucked apart from getting to semis of 2006 World Cup. England didn't make Euro 2008. That's why they are where they are because of points and getting high in competitions.

I completely misread your original post, I thought that was your own personal list :lol: I do think their points system is pretty flawed. You look at the seedings Greece have had since Euro 04, it's fucked all the qualifiers up since.

VivaBarca

2006 WC is quite a long time ago tbh. The points don't add up is my point. Spain have won every match since 2007, including a Euro and the last WC Brazil won was 02. So how are they ahead of Spain? The list is flawed so much.

Plus, what have Holland done to acheive such high rank? Quarters of Euro08...
Brazil won Copa America 2007 and Confed Cup 2009 plus quarters of World Cup plus won loads of games. Holland have won loads of qualification games and quarters that is why their 3rd.

Aasim

Bumbleman
ok Brazil probably deserve to be up there ahead of Spain because of the confeds cup.

But shouldn't it be based on form. Points are given for winning matches so why are Italy and Holland so far ahead of England? Just doesn't make sense to me..and shouldn't Portugal be a bit higher than they are? I know they are doing shit at the moment but semi final in 06 and quarter final in 08 means they should be way higher.

Jaumet

All round Nice Guy
Australia are 14 WOW FUCKING WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

AUSTRALIA ! Are all you cats paying attention ?

Australia are 14 WATCH OUT !

E

Esteve

This is bollocks.

We're insanely shit but we're better than fookin' Scotland anyway. Christ...

Home of Barca Fans