Put yourself as Barca manager for the summer

J

Jordzibob

Ok, hopefully this will be an interesting topic, and get alot of replies....if its in the wrong section then sorry lol =].

From now, as in today, 1st July 2009, put yourself into the position of Barcelona manager

What changes would you make over the summer? Kit, Stadium, Finances, Transfers, you name it...what would you do for next season and how would your squad look by the time the transfer window ends?

Personally, I'd bring back Ronaldinho straight away however much I had to pay for him (many of you may hate this but he's a God tbh, best player we've ever had Imo) and I'm just assuming I'm good enough to motivate him =], who cares if he's crap, He's Ronnie!

Im glad we've changed our kit this season back to stripes, tbh I hated it this season, thought it looked terrible, though we really do have the best kit in La Liga, if not the world, even if your not a Barca fan you gotta love the stripes =]

I'd also sign Fabregas, I'm sure we can get him...if we tried like really hard? Give Eto a huge pat on the back and apologise for how badly he has been treated over the the last two seasons, because he has, considering how good he's been the way he's been treated is awful, sell Bojan (He simply hasnt lived up to the hype surrounding him last season) and sign another backupstriker, also GET RID OF ABIDAL BECAUSE HE IS ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING, ANY other lb will do, I'd take titus bramble if we could replace Abidal......we dont need another cb, pique, marquez, millito, puyol....caecaras as back up along with toure....no need no need

So what would you do?

nebeer

Love is All
I will sign Javier Pastore, that lad would be an amazing playmaker for Barca. I will post more decisions when I make up my mind.

C

Confz

I'd bring in:
-Julio Cesar (Inter Milan) 22.5m + Victor Valdes
-Villa (Valencia CF) 25m + Bojan 1 year loan
-Mascherano (Liverpool FC) 15m
-Lahm (Bayern Munich) 20m

I'd sell
-Eto'o (Man City) 35m
-Guddy (?) 8m
-Hleb (?) 10m
-Abidal (?) 16m

The kit as it is right now, and the stadium won't change.

J

Jordzibob

How would that be a lose lose situation? As much as I like Valdes, and he is massively undderated by so many people, Julio Cesar is, and I dont think even many of us Barca fans can disagree with it, quite a bit better than Valdes. Maybe the 22 million a bit excessive on top of Valdes....

And I dont think anyone would pay 16 million for Abidal, lol, He's absolutely dire.....

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
Liverpool would pay that for Abidal and i think that Lyon wouldn't think twice if we offered him back.

And Valdes remains our first and best option, i don't think there's many keepers out there in the market that would not be expensive and that would do good enough to bench Valdes.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Anyhow if I was manager I would reluctantly accept shirt sponsorship. Say £25m a year 4 year deal gives me £100m to play with.

Buy:-
Fernando Torres for £50m plus Eto'o
Steve Mandanda £15m plus Abidal
Maxwell £12m
Alex £17m
Keirrison - already in..

Out:

Guddy:- £4m
Eto'o - player exchange
Abidal - player exchange
Hleb - £6m
Bojan - £15m

Well imo Aurelio and Insua but that is a relative opinion.

Point being there is no way on earth we would shell out that sum of cash for a player 1) that old 2) is not better than what we have and 3) subjectively you could say like I do that we already have 2 superiors left backs and 4) we need to spend our cash more wisely so why buy another left back when we have 3 already?

J

Jordzibob

Even as a Barcelona fan I really cannot see how even the most loyal among us could think Abidal is worth that much money, he's an absolutely shambolic defender, he gets forward ok, but its nothing special, and actually defendingwise I think he's been the only defender that has performed badly this season, and last season....we need to sell him off, nobody is going to pay a high price for him, Lyon or Liverpool, he's a liability....why would you? I woudlnt buy him for 2 million, but with the earlier comment about Torres, he is the only striker I would feel comfortable replacing Eto with, him or Rooney, Torres is world class

=[ Bring back Dinho, he's better than all of them put together

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
Bring Dinho back? lol

As for your money investment (100M) it's very wise but Torres and Mandanda would be very hard to get while i don't see a reason to sell Bojan.

Abidal is solid. He tracks back amazingly and is very athletic, he has a strong tackle and is very good in the air. Believe me he's better then the options you have.. Insua being too young (or not yet proven world-class material to start in one) and Aurelio is not someone who is better then abidal don't you think?

Maxwell is an intresting option as well for both our clubs

J

Jordzibob

I'm not really suprised, nobody wants Abidal.....

Liverpool cant afford to sell Torres, Imo he's the best out and out cf in the world, in terms of Messi Ronaldo etc being able to play on the wing, more of an am role, whereas Torres is just a striker. Personally I think he'd be extremely suited to Barcelona =], and I think he should move....now, yes, we just signed Torres (not limited to just this thread), *puts official announcement out on sky sports website* BARCELONA SEAL FERNANDO TORRES DEAL

"Fernando Torres has decided his manager, Rafa Benitez, is an idiot. "I realised he had no clue about anything, and was losing his marbles when he said, "The best team in the premiership isnt neccessarily the one with the most points", I did not wish to play under such a manager, and decided to move to the greatest team in the world, Barcelona FC", Torres joins Ronaldinho who has been remotivated at the club, scoring 10 goals in the first 4 pre season friendlies, 8 of them were against a Madrid side who have already taken away all power from Pellegrini, who somehow did not realise Perez would make his position pointless, with his idiotic, and power hungry, mannerisms."

Real Madrid get relegated, Barcelona, with Fernando Torres-who scores 32 goals, and Ronaldinho and Messi get 26 and 27 this season respectively, winning the league easily....

:beer2:

Home of Barca Fans