8 - Hristo Stoichkov

desoe

A paparazzi photographer tried to take pictures on Stoichkov's daughter wedding. Stoichkov beat him up to shit. That's how you deal with the paparazzi when you are Hristo Stoichkov.

blastandburn

Honestly, you cannot fault the man. He sure would like a perfect wedding for his daughter. These paparazzis know no bounds.

Windhook

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Ffcbarcelona%2Fvideos%2F10155548358194305%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true"></iframe>

:barcascarf:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He's kind of a dick saying we weren't prepared well for Athens final and minute later saying he never says anything bad about Cruyff. Or addressing himself in 3rd person but he always had big ego and was a bad boy.

I loved him still and he was one of the reasons I fell for this club. :)

Windhook

He's kind of a dick saying we weren't prepared well for Athens final and minute later saying he never says anything bad about Cruyff.

Well, that's the typical Hristo Stoichkov.:lol: It's not the ego, the problem is Hristo cannot stand a loss. I've seen him even as a manager having the same temper on the sidelines when he's on the losing end. Probably one of the reasons he is not involved actively in football anymore, prefering to be a color commentator for the Mexican TV Univision. No matter what he is always there to defend the club, to this very day.

He could have kept it to himself, but at least now we know why Barca lost that 1994 CL final - overconfidence. And that 0-4 marked the end of the Dream Team.

Windhook

[tw]915140497856978945[/tw]

Stoichkov being Stoichkov, blaming some of the figures in the Spanish Ministry of Internal Affairs, Soraya Sáenz de Santamaría (on his tablet) in particular for being a Francista (sympathizers of General Francisco Franco), for the violence in Catalonia the other day. Stoichkov also mentions at the end of the video his Wembley 1992 celebration waving the Catalan flag.

Last edited:

Gilberto

I have a funny story about this sexy man.

My local team (Roda JC Kerkrade) played against CSKA Sofia in the quarter finals of the Europa Cup 2 in 1988. The first game was being played away from home, in Bulgaria. Our sugar daddy/scout/investor/guardian angel, Nol Hendriks (recently passed away, rip), really liked the front 3 of CSKA Sofia and was very interested in a guy who went by the name of "Hristo Stoichkov" in particular. After the game (result 2-1), he immediately went to their board to negotiate about Stoichkov. They agreed upon a price of 10.000 pairs of jeans (Hendriks had a clothing business) and 100 grand (Guldens, Dutch currency back then), according to Hendriks himself. They agreed that they would conclude the agreement in Kerkrade, where the return game was taking place.

In the return game, Roda were 2-0 up (3-2 on aggregate), with 10 minutes remaining. However, Roda defender Boerebach played an absolutely terrible back pass to his keeper, which got picked up by Stoichkov, who made it 2-1. Roda ended up losing after penalties. CSKA Sofia went through and played Barca in the next round. Barcelona liked Hristo as well, and offered a lot more money for him than Roda could afford. Hendriks thought it was a pitty that he was never able to get a truly world class player to play for Roda, but he was close, very close, to signing Stoichkov. He would have played for Roda JC almost certainly, if it weren't for the horrendous back pass from Boerebach, who probably was the best player on the pitch that day.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I have a funny story about this sexy man.

My local team (Roda JC Kerkrade) played against CSKA Sofia in the quarter finals of the Europa Cup 2 in 1988. The first game was being played away from home, in Bulgaria. Our sugar daddy/scout/investor/guardian angel, Nol Hendriks (recently passed away, rip), really liked the front 3 of CSKA Sofia and was very interested in a guy who went by the name of "Hristo Stoichkov" in particular. After the game (result 2-1), he immediately went to their board to negotiate about Stoichkov. They agreed upon a price of 10.000 pairs of jeans (Hendriks had a clothing business) and 100 grand (Guldens, Dutch currency back then), according to Hendriks himself. They agreed that they would conclude the agreement in Kerkrade, where the return game was taking place.

In the return game, Roda were 2-0 up (3-2 on aggregate), with 10 minutes remaining. However, Roda defender Boerebach played an absolutely terrible back pass to his keeper, which got picked up by Stoichkov, who made it 2-1. Roda ended up losing after penalties. CSKA Sofia went through and played Barca in the next round. Barcelona liked Hristo as well, and offered a lot more money for him than Roda could afford. Hendriks thought it was a pitty that he was never able to get a truely world class player to play for Roda, but he was close, very close, to signing Stoichkov. He would have played for Roda JC almost certainly, if it weren't for the horrendous back pass from Boerebach, who probably was the best player on the pitch that day.

Interesting story : lol:

Windhook

I have a funny story about this sexy man...

Yeah, that jeans story is famous in Bulgaria, too. The CSKA Sofia officials agreed on the transfer, but then there was the Ministry of Defence, which during Communist Bulgaria used to own the club. I doubt the big shots would have agreed to sell the best player in the country for just 100 000 guldens (which probably would be worth 200 000$ at most in 1989). Finally in late 1989, FC Barcelona agreed to pay 4,5 million $ to the Ministry of Defence for his transfer, with then Barca scout/agent Josep Maria Minguella going through some tough negotiations for a half year with the leaders of the Communist Party, including the approval of Todor Zhivkov.:facepalm:

LeeRomeno

He's kind of a dick saying we weren't prepared well for Athens final and minute later saying he never says anything bad about Cruyff. Or addressing himself in 3rd person but he always had big ego and was a bad boy.

I loved him still and he was one of the reasons I fell for this club. :)

Same here, what a player.

Home of Barca Fans