8 - Hristo Stoichkov

macleod

Hi,I'm from Bulgaria and I will tell you-Stoichkov is very big football person with a sense of humour and in Bulgaria many people loves him.He is from one of two bulgarian El Classico teams-CSKA,but many fans of other team-Levski,also like Stoichkov.

Capitan Puyol

Not so true. Many Levski fans insulte him and call him - the gipsy, the kurd or something else. They behaved as Real Madrid shit fans who also insulte Barca players. Yes, CSKA and Levski Sofia are like Barca and Real Madrid in Bulgaria, but this derby is called "The eternal derby", not "Bulgarian El Clasico".

pepi

Stoichkov gave an interview for a Bulgarian newspaper and i thought i'll translate a bit for you guys.

Stoichkov: They turned Barca into a mediocre team

"Of course i'm sad Barcelona did not win the league - said for "Труд" from Miami Hristo Stoichkov. - I've watched the game, felt happy when Alexis Sanchez scored. Reminded me of my goals. But the sad truth have come. Mediocre people gradually turned one great Barca into a mediocre team.The sport director Zubizarreta and the president Bartomeu have to resign right this second. There's no ideas, no criteria for the development of the club. I know Zubi for a long time - since we played together, he was not aware of what Barca needs.it's obvious that this didn't change"

"I congratulate Atletico Madrid for their whole season. They played a great last game. The team managed to come back from 0:1. During the year Atletico was the most consistent team in Primera. The difference between Barca and Atletico was in the substitutes. They are subbing the best with equally good players. There's a lot of cronyism on Camp Nou. The title was lost a lot sooner than the last game. Atletico has big chances in the CL final. I hope they'll beat Real Madrid. For the whole season Atletico showed that they have grown to be equal to the biggest ones.They Overtook Barca, now it's time once again to show their power to Real", commented Stoichkov.

http://www.winner.bg/european-football/read94341.html

Last edited:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Stoichkov gave an interview for a Bulgarian newspaper and i thought i'll translate a bit for you guys.

Stoichkov: They turned Barca into a mediocre team

"Of course i'm sad Barcelona did not win the league - said for "Труд" from Miami Hristo Stoichkov. - I've watched the game, felt happy when Alexis Sanchez scored. Reminded me of my goals. But the sad truth have come. Mediocre people gradually turned one great Barca into a mediocre team.The sport director Zubizarreta and the president Bartomeu have to resign right this second. There's no ideas, no criteria for the development of the club. I know Zubi for a long time - since we played together, he was not aware of what Barca needs.it's obvious that this didn't change"

"I congratulate Atletico Madrid for their whole season. They played a great last game. The team managed to come back from 0:1. During the year Atletico was the most consistent team in Primera. The difference between Barca and Atletico was in the substitutes. They are subbing the best with equally good players. There's a lot of cronyism on Camp Nou. The title was lost a lot sooner than the last game. Atletico has big chances in the CL final. I hope they'll beat Real Madrid. For the whole season Atletico showed that they have grown to be equal to the biggest ones.They Overtook Barca, now it's time once again to show their power to Real", commented Stoichkov.

http://www.winner.bg/european-football/read94341.html

I'm in tears #LEGEND :worthy:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
First person with balls to directly say what he thinks.
I don't expect Bartomeu to know football but, as an executive, he should at least make right decisions when picking his help.
Zubi was just a mascot to please fans and it didn't matter as long as Rosell was here as he basically conducted his job. Now Bart is stuck with him and we can watch a new sequel of Dumb and dumber.

Galning

First person with balls to directly say what he thinks.
I don't expect Bartomeu to know football but, as an executive, he should at least make right decisions when picking his help.
Zubi was just a mascot to please fans and it didn't matter as long as Rosell was here as he basically conducted his job. Now Bart is stuck with him and we can watch a new sequel of Dumb and dumber.

True that. Looks like Lucho is taking matters into his own hands though... at least for now.

L

linetty

Stoichkov: “They criticise Iniesta and Xavi, but what signings were made? I don’t understand why Isco and Kroos weren’t signed.”
Stoichkov: “Messi wants to play, win and we have to take care of him. If we don’t take care of the best in the world, what should we do?!”
Stoichkov: “I blame everyone (the members). I’m also to blame for voting for them.”

Home of Barca Fans