MotoGP

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Having been brought up watching four wheeled motor sport I've simply never managed to get into Moto GP, it just seems so meaningless as they glide past each other. I mean no disrespect to those who do enjoy it but it's one of the few sports I have genuinely little or no interest in.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
It's a lot more exciting for me, I find F1 and anything with 4 wheels boring as a Chelsea-Liverpool game. I guess 4 wheel driving is more tactical though, you need to be absolutely spot on when passing somebody. It's the same with motorcycles too but there are just a lot more avenues to pass due to the much smaller sizes of the vehicles.

gazza

Having been brought up watching four wheeled motor sport I've simply never managed to get into Moto GP, it just seems so meaningless as they glide past each other. I mean no disrespect to those who do enjoy it but it's one of the few sports I have genuinely little or no interest in.

Don't know if you mean F 1,watched it a few times but i find it so boring the only overtaking seems to be in the pit lane.
Surely your line "it just seems so meaningless as they glide past each other".
Ain't that the whole point of racing to pass your opponents by overtaking them on the track.
Like Fallen stated though C.A. watch the 125 thats fantastic racing those blokes have nerves of steel.:lol:

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Rossi is 30 points clear of Lorenzo, so I think he will win it again this year. Hopefully Lorenzo will put up a fight.

maz

I walk the line
Lorenzo finished first in the qualifiers..doubtful he will make it in the championship since it's up to how badly rossi does (bad does not exist in rossi's dictionary). We'll see..

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Onto next year! Hopefully none of the top 3 will have any bike problems or injuries so it can remain somewhat competitive for the whole season.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
wow ... I haven't sat and watched a MotoGP race in years. I see some things don't change though, Rossi still runs shit.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
He didn't win the championship for like 2 or 3 years at one point, but then he got better again.

zanela

I've been looking for this thread. Not many fans i see.

I was an avid follower of GP back in the day when this guy reigned supreme.

wayne.jpg

His career-ending crash killed my interest in the sport. His crash also ended a great rivalry (schwantz), and paved the way for doohan's dominance. If it wasn't for that unfortunate day, he'd go on to lift many more championships. It took me almost a year to get over the tragedy, as he was one of my first sporting heroes. :(

Then just a year later, Ayrton Senna (with whom i share my birthday btw) was gone. My fav F1 racer. :(

So thats basically my timeline as a motorsport fan. NOw whether, it was a coincidence, or my bad luck i can't tell. I decided to stay away from motorsport since. Besides, i can't take another heartache.

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I like the idea of MotoGP but I find it hard to follow. At least F1 has enough interest in North America to superficially follow.

XaviMessiGirl

Not something I could ever really get into either, always prefer F1 and other types of racing of the four-wheeled variety. Usually only turn it on when I'm bored and nothing else is on TV. Last time I watched though was the time Simoncelli died which kind of scarred me and turned me off from watching it again since.

zanela

Not something I could ever really get into either, always prefer F1 and other types of racing of the four-wheeled variety. Usually only turn it on when I'm bored and nothing else is on TV. Last time I watched though was the time Simoncelli died which kind of scarred me and turned me off from watching it again since.

I've always been a biker's girl. Bike myself since high school. Use to take my cousin's yamaha 125cc sometimes. Motorbikes+boys>>>>All. The speed and thrill of a 2 wheeler is greater than anything the closure of a 4 wheeler can offer. It's also a much more dependable and versatile machine. They'll always stay regardless of the era.
For both sentimental and practical reasons...motoGP>>F1 always. :D

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
I've been looking for this thread. Not many fans i see.

I was an avid follower of GP back in the day when this guy reigned supreme.

wayne.jpg

His career-ending crash killed my interest in the sport. His crash also ended a great rivalry (schwantz), and paved the way for doohan's dominance. If it wasn't for that unfortunate day, he'd go on to lift many more championships. It took me almost a year to get over the tragedy, as he was one of my first sporting heroes. :(

Then just a year later, Ayrton Senna (with whom i share my birthday btw) was gone. My fav F1 racer. :(

So thats basically my timeline as a motorsport fan. NOw whether, it was a coincidence, or my bad luck i can't tell. I decided to stay away from motorsport since. Besides, i can't take another heartache.

ahhh I remember this. sad times. my uncle is big on MotoGP and F1 and I remember both incidents (Rainey's and Senna's) but Senna's affected me more. Anyway I used to watched MotoGP and Superbike all the time w/ my buddy Hank ... but after Hank passed away a few years back I stopped watching both of them.

Home of Barca Fans