MotoGP

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Anyone follow MotoGP? Looks like a good championship race between Rossi and Lorenzo this year! Would be good to see Lorenzo win, a lot of guys would probably like him to win since he's Spanish. :p

M

Marty

I would say i follow MotoGP!
Rossi is the man, Joge is class and a Barca fan so its all good haha

Great racing is always good!

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Lorenzo is awesome. All 3 of the top riders are great riders, though Stoner seems to be falling off the pace lately. :(

maz

I walk the line
I've always been interested in bikes. I do a lot of work on my dad's bike, and i'm going to get my own bike soon. But I've never sat down to watch moto gp. However seeing that lorenzo and rossi race the other week really made me interested in it.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I've ALWAYS enjoyed MotoGP(and back in the day when it was 500cc!) over any type of car race. IMO it's just so much more exciting in every single way.

You should check out 125cc races, even though they aren't fast like MotoGP, when it's a good race nothing can beat it. I saw one race the WHOLE TIME there was 7 guys grouped together at the front, guys passing eachother left, right and centre, at one point the guy from 6th took over the 5 guys in front of him to lead for like half a lap. :lol: Fucking brilliant!!

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Last year in Laguna Seca I thought I had seen the best race ever where Rossi and Stoner where against each other for 20 laps for Stoner went off at Corkscrew with 8 laps remaining. Yet he stayed 2nd after crashing, that's how far ahead they were !

But that race at Catalunya was something else. For Rossi to do such a daring move on the last corner of the last lap was unreal.

Standings Moto GP 2009

Rossi 176 pts
Lorenzo 162 pts
Stoner 148 pts
Pedrosa 108 pts ( Don't rule him out )
Edwards 83 pts
Melandri 70 pts
Dovizioso 69 pts
Vermeulen 64 pts
Capirossi 61 pts
De Puniet 58 pts
De Angelis 47 pts
Elias 47 pts
Hayden 46 pts
Toseland 45 pts
Kallio 28 pts
Canepa 20 pts
Gibernau 12 pts
Takahasi 9 pts
Talmacsi 1 pt

VivaBarca

Hasn't got as good a bike as Rossi, Lorenzo and Stoner and Pedrosa has had fitness and injury problems.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Even years ago when he was doing fairly well, he still wasn't that good IMO. He was only up there due to lack of good competition, this year is showing him for how good he really is, which isn't as good as his earlier years suggested he could be. I liked him back when he was in 250cc, but not anymore. I'd like him to prove me wrong though.

M

Marty

good race today! Cracking ride from RdP and good job Dovi on his first win!

VivaBarca

Rossi crashed and still gained on his rivals! He was 5th, Lorenzo crashed and Stoner got lapped by everyone for choosing the wrong tyre. Well in Dovi, Colin Edwards, Randy de Puniet and De Angelis for finishing in the top 4 and well done Elias for making it exciting byjumpshotting it into the lead.

VivaBarca

Watched today's highlights, tbh this is more exciting than F1.
Yeah. It defianetly is. Still in shock after that race. Elias and Lorenzo made the exact same mistake back wheel on white line which means crash. Rossi did something similar in that he lost the rear end of the bike but he got up and finished 5th.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Motorcycle racing has always been more exciting than cars! Out of Rossi/Lorenzo/Stoner I don't really mind who wins the title. Of course my first preference is Stoner as an Aussie, but I've always been a fan of Rossi and Lorenzo is awesome too. Love it! :D

Home of Barca Fans