User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MotoGP

Visca el filòsof!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having been brought up watching four wheeled motor sport I've simply never managed to get into Moto GP, it just seems so meaningless as they glide past each other. I mean no disrespect to those who do enjoy it but it's one of the few sports I have genuinely little or no interest in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta
    Barça make Ballon d'Or winners, others have to buy them
    VICE-PRESIDENT OF THE UK'S BEST OFFICIAL SUPPORTERS' CLUB
    www.penyaunionblaugrana.co.uk

Blue Blooded Aussie
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a lot more exciting for me, I find F1 and anything with 4 wheels boring as a Chelsea-Liverpool game. I guess 4 wheel driving is more tactical though, you need to be absolutely spot on when passing somebody. It's the same with motorcycles too but there are just a lot more avenues to pass due to the much smaller sizes of the vehicles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cule Angles View Post
    Having been brought up watching four wheeled motor sport I've simply never managed to get into Moto GP, it just seems so meaningless as they glide past each other. I mean no disrespect to those who do enjoy it but it's one of the few sports I have genuinely little or no interest in.
    Don't know if you mean F 1,watched it a few times but i find it so boring the only overtaking seems to be in the pit lane.
    Surely your line "it just seems so meaningless as they glide past each other".
    Ain't that the whole point of racing to pass your opponents by overtaking them on the track.
    Like Fallen stated though C.A. watch the 125 thats fantastic racing those blokes have nerves of steel.

If Carlsberg did forum members
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rossi is 30 points clear of Lorenzo, so I think he will win it again this year. Hopefully Lorenzo will put up a fight.

God doesn't pick football teams but if he did.... they'd probably look like this

I walk the line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lorenzo finished first in the qualifiers..doubtful he will make it in the championship since it's up to how badly rossi does (bad does not exist in rossi's dictionary). We'll see..

Blue Blooded Aussie
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Onto next year! Hopefully none of the top 3 will have any bike problems or injuries so it can remain somewhat competitive for the whole season.

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow ... I haven't sat and watched a MotoGP race in years. I see some things don't change though, Rossi still runs shit.
    The Life and Times of IrvDizzle according to Chucky
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucka View Post
    Irv love to arrive at times of hardship, he wants to lurk, but is being made to work. He hates his boss, he wears too much Hugo Boss, it stinks out the place, he wants to give someone a race, although he owns a Ford, it gets him bored, but it's the only one he can afford, because hes IrvIN and he lives in a bin.

PTC 4 LIFE

Blue Blooded Aussie
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He didn't win the championship for like 2 or 3 years at one point, but then he got better again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been looking for this thread. Not many fans i see.

I was an avid follower of GP back in the day when this guy reigned supreme.

His career-ending crash killed my interest in the sport. His crash also ended a great rivalry (schwantz), and paved the way for doohan's dominance. If it wasn't for that unfortunate day, he'd go on to lift many more championships. It took me almost a year to get over the tragedy, as he was one of my first sporting heroes.

Then just a year later, Ayrton Senna (with whom i share my birthday btw) was gone. My fav F1 racer.

So thats basically my timeline as a motorsport fan. NOw whether, it was a coincidence, or my bad luck i can't tell. I decided to stay away from motorsport since. Besides, i can't take another heartache.
    Last edited by zanela; 18th June 2012 at 06:14 PM.

Dr. Raed St. Claire
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know nothing about this.
    May permanent peace be brought to the Arab world. My heart goes out to the families of those who have lost loved one(s). I wish and hope those who are creating religious, racial, regional, and tribal divisions among/within the Arab nations would be defeated in their quest for the destruction of the Middle East.

Legion of Doooom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea of MotoGP but I find it hard to follow. At least F1 has enough interest in North America to superficially follow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not something I could ever really get into either, always prefer F1 and other types of racing of the four-wheeled variety. Usually only turn it on when I'm bored and nothing else is on TV. Last time I watched though was the time Simoncelli died which kind of scarred me and turned me off from watching it again since.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XaviMessiGirl View Post
    Not something I could ever really get into either, always prefer F1 and other types of racing of the four-wheeled variety. Usually only turn it on when I'm bored and nothing else is on TV. Last time I watched though was the time Simoncelli died which kind of scarred me and turned me off from watching it again since.
    I've always been a biker's girl. Bike myself since high school. Use to take my cousin's yamaha 125cc sometimes. Motorbikes+boys>>>>All. The speed and thrill of a 2 wheeler is greater than anything the closure of a 4 wheeler can offer. It's also a much more dependable and versatile machine. They'll always stay regardless of the era.
    For both sentimental and practical reasons...motoGP>>F1 always.

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zanela View Post
    I've been looking for this thread. Not many fans i see.

I was an avid follower of GP back in the day when this guy reigned supreme.

His career-ending crash killed my interest in the sport. His crash also ended a great rivalry (schwantz), and paved the way for doohan's dominance. If it wasn't for that unfortunate day, he'd go on to lift many more championships. It took me almost a year to get over the tragedy, as he was one of my first sporting heroes.

Then just a year later, Ayrton Senna (with whom i share my birthday btw) was gone. My fav F1 racer.

So thats basically my timeline as a motorsport fan. NOw whether, it was a coincidence, or my bad luck i can't tell. I decided to stay away from motorsport since. Besides, i can't take another heartache.
    ahhh I remember this. sad times. my uncle is big on MotoGP and F1 and I remember both incidents (Rainey's and Senna's) but Senna's affected me more. Anyway I used to watched MotoGP and Superbike all the time w/ my buddy Hank ... but after Hank passed away a few years back I stopped watching both of them.
    The Life and Times of IrvDizzle according to Chucky
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucka View Post
    Irv love to arrive at times of hardship, he wants to lurk, but is being made to work. He hates his boss, he wears too much Hugo Boss, it stinks out the place, he wants to give someone a race, although he owns a Ford, it gets him bored, but it's the only one he can afford, because hes IrvIN and he lives in a bin.

PTC 4 LIFE