Villarreal CF

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Being fired as opposed to quitting does surprise me. And considering the recent longterm injury to Soldado, I figured Marcelino quit because the club weren't willing to reinforce. I suppose Marcelino will have something to say considering how well he has done in his short time at Villarreal - had to have been severe to transpire a week before a key CL match

Two rumoured theories out there: 1) Marcelino & board falling out over signings, lack thereof (Certainly plausible), 2) Mustacchio stripped of Captaincy by Marcelino which led to a player revolt & pressuring their billionaire owner to fire Marcelino (Less probable, IMHO)

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Both Villarreal and Valencia will be significantly weaker this season then, it seems.

kappa

They had a bad start to the season but they were missing so many players Bakambu, Soldado, Jonathan, Cheryshev and on top of that they lost Marcelo and the new coach comes with new ideas. They will only get better i think.

El Flaco

Villarreal CF new stadium name is "Estadio de la Cerámica"

It's annouced before our game starts agianst them.

El Flaco

Why Ceramica?

El Madrigal will be called the 'Estadio de la Cerámica' (Ceramic Tile Stadium), as a symbol that represents and identifies the province of Castellón, becoming a proud ambassador of one of the best products in our region and a showcase of the extraordinary properties of its materials. In addition, with this new initiative the club will generate a new source of revenue, as many ceramic companies in the region have decided to join the project as partners, obtaining brand presence in various advertising spaces in the stadium with the corresponding national and international visibility. The companies that are part of the 'Estadio de la Cerámica' are: PAMESA, PORCELANOSA and ARGENTA CERÁMICA as the Main Sponsors; and TAU CERÁMICA, BESTILE, ESMALGLASS-ITACA and COLOROBBIA as Official Sponsors.

https://www.villarrealcf.es/noticia...villarreal-presenta-el-estadio-de-la-ceramica

Home of Barca Fans