Villarreal CF

Messi983

Parejo and Coquelin close to join Villarreal for less than 20m combined. Very good deal for them imo. They're also close to get Kubo on loan.

Pretty good team if they'll manage to keep Pau Torres though they still need another CB if not two imo.

Asenjo/Fernandez
Gaspar/Pena-Albiol/F.Mori-Albiol/Chakla-Moreno/J.Costa?
Chukwueze/Kubo-Coquelin/Iborra-Parejo/Trigueros-M.Gomez/Ontiveros
Paco/Bacca?-Moreno/Unal?/Fer Nino?

Andresito

Staff member
Signed Estupinan for 16M on a 7(!) year contract.

EiDF9KNXYAEPlS3

Messi983

Undoubtely La Liga team with the best transfer window so far.

Still need another CB (they were linked to Juan Foyth) and possibly ST with Bacca potentially leaving but this team should be able to challenge Sevilla (or us :lol:) for a top 4 finish.

El Gato

Villarato!
https://elpais.com/deportes/2020-11...erzo-contra-rivales-inferiores.html?ssm=TW_CC

Really good interview by Unai TBH. I'm not entirely sure what has gone wrong at PSG or Arsenal, but maybe it's the Mourinho effect of his message sounding good in public, but philosophy not really translating with the higher class players.

Q: There are coaches whose ego prevents them from making a rectification, a self-analysis. Why do you think that reviewing your decisions does not affect you personally?

Wonder who the first part was alluding to :lol: Pity he didn't address it

Q. Considering this Madrid, what is more damaging, letting the projects run out without signing or signing the wrong players?

R. The involvement and commitment of the players is within themselves. I'll give examples: Cristiano, Ramos, Piqu? ... and in my team Iborra or Albiol. They are responsible players to the maximum with their profession. You don't have to tell them that you have to rest and eat well to be better. They have it internalized. They are the most necessary models. Because you still see a lot of players who are 50% committed to themselves. They live more outside of their profession than is recommended. And today you have to dedicate 24 hours to football. You train even at home.

^

Messi983

Arnaut Danjuma to Villarreal, done deal and here we go! Total agreement for ?20m to Bournemouth. Contract also agreed until June 2026.

They've paid that money for a player from Championship, must really see something in him. He's mostly a LW and has scored 15 goals last season. Some quite nice finishes here tbh.

We'll see if he'll make a step to the next level but profile wise looks like he should fit in well with Gerard Moreno and another recent signing Boulaye Dia. OTOH they've send Fer Nino on loan to Mallorca. Good for him to get regular La Liga experience as probably wouldn't play much behind Moreno, Dia and Alcacer (I was expecting they could sell Paco after they've bought Dia and they still might but now it's a bit less likely).

GK: Asenjo, Rulli
RB: Gaspar, Pena
CB: Albiol, Pau Torres, Mandi, Foyth, Cuenca
LB: Pedraza, Estupinan, Moreno
DM: Capoue, Coquelin
CM: Parejo, Trigueros, Iborra
LW: Moi Gomez, Danjuma, Ontiveros
RW: Yeremi Pino, Chukwueze, Raba
ST: Moreno, Dia, Alcacer

A bit problematic is all midfielders are 30+. Well, Trigueros will turn 30 in October and Foyth has also played in midfield as well. They also have three LBs though Emery is using Estupinan (there were some rumours about him leaving) or Pedraza also as wingers.

We'll see if they'll bring more players. With Danjuma their net spent this summer will be around 45m but with CL money and CVC deal they can probably afford that so no need for a big sale of Pau Torres or Chukwueze (he's currently injured so don't know how much they'd get for him anyway).

I could also see likes of Cuenca, Ontiveros or Raba potentially going on loan and if they find a younger/better replacement maybe they could sell Coquelin but otherwise it looks like a pretty solid team to me.

Messi983

Danjuma looks like an incredible signing so far.

In another news, Villarreal will sign Serge Aurier on a free transfer today. Can't hurt to have more options I guess although they have Foyth as a starting RB and Gaspar/Pena also around.

Devils

Still amazed they smashed Juve in Italy and then eliminated Bayern at the Allianz.

Unbelievable!

Messi983

Villarreal will renovate Estadio de la Ceramica.

More details about the #EstadioDeLaCer?mica transformation!

🔹 Expected budget: ?35m
🔹 Work starts on Monday 16th May and will last 7 months
🔹 First game planned for the matchday of 29th-31st December
🔹 We will play at home at the Ciutat de Val?ncia
🔹 Capacity: 22,000

2️⃣2️⃣,0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ 𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗦

🔹 Redesigned Fondo Sur and Preferencia
🔹 More comfortable, larger seats in Preferencia
🔹 Fewer seats in Preferencia, but with more space
🔹 The aim is NOT to gain seats, but to improve the experience for fans

For stats lovers 🤓...

🔸 Project managed by