Villarreal CF

impeh

Hi, its me..
The Italy and Villarreal striker Giuseppe Rossi will miss this summer's European Championship after rupturing a cruciate knee ligament, ruling him out for six months.

Rossi is set to undergo surgery in the coming days after a recurrence of the injury, suffered during training on Friday, the Spanish club confirmed

:(

*didnt realise it had been posted*

Last edited:

impeh

Hi, its me..
Mayhem in Vallecas as the Yellow Submarine is sunk without trace
Rayo Vallecano and Granada survived but Villarreal were relegated on a dramatic end to La Liga

can read it here

kinda sad :(

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Brave team.... Snatched points from us and Real too, last season

I hope the likes of Soriano, Gonzalo, Musacchio, Valero, Rossi, Nilmar, Marco Ruben, Diego Lopez, etc. stay back. Retaining half of them and fighting their way back to La Liga would in itself be a great success for them :cry:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Brave team.... Snatched points from us and Real too, last season

I hope the likes of Soriano, Gonzalo, Musacchio, Valero, Rossi, Nilmar, Marco Ruben, Diego Lopez, etc. stay back. Retaining half of them and fighting their way back to La Liga would in itself be a great success for them :cry:

Can't see it as Villarreal are fucked financially.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Soriano is a home grown player... So there's hope
Gonzalo is 28 and he is not a world beater... So there's hope
Musacchio is a sure goner I guess
Valero too, is a sure-goner
Rossi woulds stay, no other option for him. But it would be tough on Villarreal to have him on the treatment table and pay him wages. Unless of course Rossi is a kind hearted person
Nilmar is a sure-goner
Ruben. Can't say much. He's talented, but then he's no star. So may/may not
Diego Lopez. Interesting one here. There's no hope for him to be called back to the NT. He's already 30 and would he risk a move off shores at this age!?

So there's hope IMO

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Soriano is a home grown player... So there's hope
Gonzalo is 28 and he is not a world beater... So there's hope
Musacchio is a sure goner I guess
Valero too, is a sure-goner
Rossi woulds stay, no other option for him. But it would be tough on Villarreal to have him on the treatment table and pay him wages. Unless of course Rossi is a kind hearted person
Nilmar is a sure-goner
Ruben. Can't say much. He's talented, but then he's no star. So may/may not
Diego Lopez. Interesting one here. There's no hope for him to be called back to the NT. He's already 30 and would he risk a move off shores at this age!?

So there's hope IMO

If I were them I'd probably promote half the team that deserved to play in the Segunda next season, sell what they can for profit, reduce the wages of first team players and get a promotion next season. They do have fantastic scouting system, so I am sure with player sales they can invest in that and capture players from SA on the cheap next season. They were hanging there by a thread, time to rejuvenate properly.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If I were them I'd probably promote half the team that deserved to play in the Segunda next season, sell what they can for profit, reduce the wages of first team players and get a promotion next season. They do have fantastic scouting system, so I am sure with player sales they can invest in that and capture players from SA on the cheap next season. They were hanging there by a thread, time to rejuvenate properly.
Yes. But selling the players now would only fetch thm less than half of what they would have got had they done it an year ago!!

Yes, please sell the players with huge wages... But you can always work out with the home grown ones. In fact the players gotta take some responsibility, the team they have now is not poor enough to get relegated IMO

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Yes. But selling the players now would only fetch thm less than half of what they would have got had they done it an year ago!!

Yes, please sell the players with huge wages... But you can always work out with the home grown ones. In fact the players gotta take some responsibility, the team they have now is not poor enough to get relegated IMO

Who would have thought they would get relegated? The situation is bad so deal with it as quickly as possible and with less fuss as possible. They would still keep Rossi, a few players too, so it is not the worst thing in the world.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Can't see it as Villarreal are fucked financially.

Supposedly they have a budget of around 30M-40M for next year, which is a reduction but we aren't talking financial implosion. That's significantly larger than any Segunda team. Roig has already affirmed such a commitment.

It's times like this that being the one club in Spain to not cook the books pays off.

Here's a list of the potential coaches:
http://www.sportyou.es/blog/futbol/...datos-al-banquillo-del-villarreal-412637.html

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans