Villarreal CF

DucdeOrléans

Not really sure about the intentions of Getafe owners so far, they have been rather quite.

Read this and notice who the owners are.

http://www.getafecf.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3027&Itemid=22

The reason why Getafe have not bought anyone of notice (apart from Guiza) is that the new owners first will gain the full control of the club from July 1, 2012.

"And in another bizarre twist, the Associated Press (AP) news agency said the Dubai group would not take over the running of the club until July 1, 2012, by which time the team could be out of La Liga as they sit just four points above the relegation zone."

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news/getafe-sale-to-dubai-is-confirmed

nebeer

Love is All
Read this and notice who the owners are.

http://www.getafecf.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3027&Itemid=22

The reason why Getafe have not bought anyone of notice (apart from Guiza) is that the new owners first will gain the full control of the club from July 1, 2012.

"And in another bizarre twist, the Associated Press (AP) news agency said the Dubai group would not take over the running of the club until July 1, 2012, by which time the team could be out of La Liga as they sit just four points above the relegation zone."

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news/getafe-sale-to-dubai-is-confirmed

They don't take full control till 2012?! That's rather bizarre. And how can they be only 2 points above relegation zone when the league just got started?

dalitis8

Banned
Well unlike you - the Barca fan, I like Spanish domestic football. Though you really need to get your head around the fact that this is not yet another discussion about which league is better blah blah blah, then perhaps your contribution to it would be more than annoying irrelevance. Strange as it may seem, most people here, myself included, have a passion for Spanish football, so to discuss its grave failings in the case of the structure of La Liga is needed.

And by the by, for future reference and all, your comments on the insignificance of La Liga as a title compared to the European Cup shows a shocking level of ignorance of the club you claim to be such a proud supporter of.

You twist my words as always.

You say you have a passion for Spanish football, well I certainly hope that that is the case, because up to now, most of your posts have been focusing (and exaggerating) the negative aspects of it, and virtually nothing at all about the its strengths.

I have explained this a million times on this forum (pertaining to the CL/domestic league dichotomy) and it seems that I will have to explain it a million times more for some people in here to get my point. As great as a domestic title may be, the European Cup counts for so much more...winning your league means you are the best team in your land (even if we are dealing with a mojor league) you are still the champion of particularity, if you win the European Cup, you are the Champion of universality, you earn the recognition of all!!! That is why players and managers go weak on their knees when it comes to the CL. This is a reality that many of you in here will have to acknowledge.

Of course I am well aware that in times gone by, winning La Liga was a major, major thing for Barcelona (especially the 60s and the 70s, and even the 80s) but since you claim that you are familiar with Barca and Spanish football in general, you should know that Madridistas are mostly proud of their 9 European Cups, rather than their 31 league titles. For most cules, the European Cup triumph of 1992 is probably considered as the most iconic moment in the club's history.

As for my comments being "annoying irrelevance", well I am sure that the adjective that you are utilising is definitely correct. They are designed to be presicely "annoying". Annoying those who cannot see reality and explain it for what it is. We can go back if you may, and compare let's say the predictive value of my comments (before events) as compared to yours. Anytime.

As for La Liga being in deep shit, well yeah, that is obvious but the same goes for the entire global economy more or less, so why all the excitement?

Last edited:

nebeer

Love is All
Have you seen the date of the article I linked to? April 2011...

Oh yes now I have. It's good that it's the start of a new season and Emirates group can spend enough cash to let the club function properly stay afloat in the league. After they gain full control I'm sure they will make heavy investments. In a couple of seasons, I guess it would be Malaga and Getafe who would break into the top 4 and eventually may even challenge the big 2. That's welcome and exciting.

DucdeOrléans

Oh yes now I have. It's good that it's the start of a new season and Emirates group can spend enough cash to let the club function properly stay afloat in the league. After they gain full control I'm sure they will make heavy investments. In a couple of seasons, I guess it would be Malaga and Getafe who would break into the top 4 and eventually may even challenge the big 2. That's welcome and exciting.

Exactly. Put the two best teams in the lot as well (Barca and RM) and Sevilla, Atletico Madrid, Valencia and Villarreal and you have a very interesting league. Let us also not rule out that more clubs will be bought in the future.

The fixture list (changing the kick off times and not having more than 2 matches played at the same time) to attract the Asian market is also a step forward.

Again, the situation could be way worse but people tend to overreact as always.

Sergio

Sergison
You twist my words as always.

You say you have a passion for Spanish football, well I certainly hope that that is the case, because up to now, most of your posts have been focusing (and exaggerating) the negative aspects of it, and virtually nothing at all about the its strengths.

I have explained this a million times on this forum (pertaining to the CL/domestic league dichotomy) and it seems that I will have to explain it a million times more for some people in here to get my point. As great as a domestic title may be, the European Cup counts for so much more...winning your league means you are the best team in your land (even if we are dealing with a mojor league) you are still the champion of particularity, if you win the European Cup, you are the Champion of universality, you earn the recognition of all!!! That is why players and managers go weak on their knees when it comes to the CL. This is a reality that many of you in here will have to acknowledge.

Of course I am well aware that in times gone by, winning La Liga was a major, major thing for Barcelona (especially the 60s and the 70s, and even the 80s) but since you claim that you are familiar with Barca and Spanish football in general, you should know that Madridistas are mostly proud of their 9 European Cups, rather than their 31 league titles. For most cules, the European Cup triumph of 1992 is probably considered as the most iconic moment in the club's history.

As for my comments being "annoying irrelevance", well I am sure that the adjective that you are utilising is definitely correct. They are designed to be presicely "annoying". Annoying those who cannot see reality and explain it for what it is. We can go back if you may, and compare let's say the predictive value of my comments (before events) as compared to yours. Anytime.

As for La Liga being in deep shit, well yeah, that is obvious but the same goes for the entire global economy more or less, so why all the excitement?
I'm going to have to ask you to prove where I have exaggerated anything on the subject, i've backed up everything I have said with facts and actually have the same stance on this as the majority of club presidents in Spain, if not Spanish people. So do that first - I think you are going to have to work quite hard here after comparing yourself to a "renowned critic" on La Liga, despite several comments which would suggest you are in fact very out of touch with the situation.

As for being an annoying irreverence, people are talking about the problems of La Liga and how they may be fixed, to which you come in with unrelated garbage like "Inter and Milan are crap" and pretty much dismiss the value of the title for the CL.

dalitis8

Banned
I'm going to have to ask you to prove where I have exaggerated anything on the subject, i've backed up everything I have said with facts and actually have the same stance on this as the majority of club presidents in Spain, if not Spanish people. So do that first - I think you are going to have to work quite hard here after comparing yourself to a "renowned critic" on La Liga, despite several comments which would suggest you are in fact very out of touch with the situation.

As for being an annoying irreverence, people are talking about the problems of La Liga and how they may be fixed, to which you come in with unrelated garbage like "Inter and Milan are crap" and pretty much dismiss the value of the title for the CL.

I have agreed that La Liga has its fair share of problems, especially the massive gap between the Big 2 and the rest. But this is used by many, to dismiss La Liga in general, forgetting that all the other major leagues in Europe (bar the ultra-wealthy EPL, whose problems will soon surface as well) are in prolly even worse shape. Bundesliga is a very competitive league, but it includes not one really good team. Serie A is also relatively speaking competitive, but its teams have disappointed time and again in the past half decade or so (yeah I know that Inter and AC Milan have won CLs, but all the other results during the past few years have been, to be frank, disastrous) The French league is athletic, but can rarely rise above mediocrity. La Liga, despite all its serious issues, boasts a monster of a team (in the shape of Real Madrid) and what is probably the best team of all times (in everyone knows who) La Liga clubs have also dominated the Europa League in the past decade or so as well as the European SuperCup (so La Liga's middling teams are not that horrible after all)

When you speak about Spanish football, it is almost always about doping, the huge gap between the Big 2 and the rest, low attendances of some small clubs and the like. But you rarely mention (if at all) that Barca are absolutely astonishing, that Real Madrid are prolly the 2nd best in Europe, that Spanish clubs are the only clubs in Europe who seem able to produce talent from their native population, the astonishing wealth of classy midfielders, goalkeepers and the like. I do not think that I am lying on this point.

Last edited:

nebeer

Love is All
Exactly. Put the two best teams in the lot as well (Barca and RM) and Sevilla, Atletico Madrid, Valencia and Villarreal and you have a very interesting league. Let us also not rule out that more clubs will be bought in the future.

The fixture list (changing the kick off times and not having more than 2 matches played at the same time) to attract the Asian market is also a step forward.

Agreed.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
de Guzman & Camunas... Can they prove to be adequate replacements for Cazorla!? I seriously doubt it. They should have gone for GdS instead of Camunas

Home of Barca Fans