Copa 1/2 Final: FC Barcelona - Sevilla 3-2 (agg)

malvolio

While it's true that it looks salty to post this, the VAR is really acting inconsistent. They hardly check a suspicious situation when it's in favor for Barca. On the other hand they often take their sweet time to interupt the game for things the ref didn't even see and where there is nothing there.
Yesterday Lahoz whistled a situation which was clearly inside, he should at least look at the VAR and look again if it's a foul, but when he does whistle it, the VAR must intervene in my opinion.

Alba deserved a yellow card for this imho. Barca's PR team members are bunch of retards. What was the point of crying about this? Making us look like sore losers.

While VAR doesn't fix anything in football and is used by referees who are just as corrupt as before, the Alba incident last night wasn't a penalty. Alba should have got a yellow for diving.

So yeah, whoever is running the Barca twitter account are idiots

Messi983

We were not sharp but don't think we were that bad either. We were not creating as many good chances as in other games recently but could've still scored, especially Messi at the start and then that FK at the end.

Defensively we're surely far from great but that's to be expected playing mostly backups there. But overall don't think we were defending that bad in this game, it's just individual mistakes by Umtiti (in both goals and also with a "help" from Busi in their first goal) have again killed us like it happened so many times already this season.

Have to give credit to Sevilla and Lopetegui as well though. They are one of the best defensive teams in Europe and also one of the most overall well rounded. Surely there are teams with far more and better invididual talent but not many teams right now look as solid as them as a team. Their players know exactly what they're doing and they also have a good depth. Navas, Acuna and Ocampos were out but they were not missing them all that much.

With us and Madrid both struggling I'd argue they're the second best team in Spain and it wouldn't surprise me much if they would actually finish 2nd so losing against them in our current conditions is surely disappointing but not an embarassment. Would still be good if we'd score a goal that would make a return leg much different though.

About that "penalty". I don't think it was a foul but then if Lahoz has decided it was I think it was inside the box so it should've been a penalty.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
You are a couple days late and I thought basically about all of this right after the game but did not summarize it that well. Great post, agree 100%.

Vilarrubi

If we’re as solid at the back as yesterday then yeah. If Araujo replaces Lenglet in back 3 then even more so. Let’s go.

serghei

Let's hope Koeman won't blindly repeat the same formula as in the league game and take ages to adjust if Lopetegui has it figured out. We wasted half the game vs Eibar at home in this way and the match ended 1-1.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Sevilla will sit deep as they have a nice handicap. If we start with a 3-5-2, we'll fail to score in the first half and Koeman will panic and bring all the attackers on the field in a 4-2-3-1.

Home of Barca Fans