Staff member
Tuesday, December 28, 19:15 CET

paYnEE8hcrP96neHRNofhQ_96x96.png
-
sbTFnFgPeUsTa-szphHf8Q_96x96.png

-------

JamDav1982

Please no 3 ATB.

4-3-3 with Pedri and Frenkie in front of Busi.

Just played one of best games of season with 352 but is may be formation for facing 442 more.

Pjanic deserves to play after last game if the team is being picked purely for this game and not with next one in mind.

Andresito

Staff member
Just played one of best games of season with 352 but is may be formation for facing 442 more.

Pjanic deserves to play after last game if the team is being picked purely for this game and not with next one in mind.

Against the worst team we've faced this season yeah.

JamDav1982

Against the worst team we've faced this season yeah.

They had drawn with Sevilla in previous game and only beaten once in previous six. Only losing away to Atletico.

They are not the worst team Barca had played this season.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
They had drawn with Sevilla in previous game and only beaten once in previous six. Only losing away to Atletico.

They are not the worst team Barca had played this season.

Doesn't really matter what they did. Against Barca they looked like a bunch of teenagers.
And it's not that Barca made them look this way, that Valladolid side couldn't control the ball even when nobody was pressing.

JamDav1982

Doesn't really matter what they did. Against Barca they looked like a bunch of teenagers.
And it's not that Barca made them look this way, that Valladolid side couldn't control the ball even when nobody was pressing.

Because Barca played well is why they looked bad. Kept ball well, worked hard and pressed.

They are not worst in league or worst Barca have played.

Took Busquets a few minutes to come on and almost give a goal away... why he not stroll it? Took Umtiti minutes to do same. The players that started did well and dominated.

Birdy

3-5-2 worked excellently, and I wanna see more of it when facing 4-4-2s or formations with 2 forwards.

Is Eibar playing with 2 up front?

Neeraj

3-5-2 worked excellently, and I wanna see more of it when facing 4-4-2s or formations with 2 forwards.

Is Eibar playing with 2 up front?

In certain cases, I think 3-5-2 isn't a bad idea, at least in theory. Like you said, with 2 forwards, I feel much more comfortable having 3 CB's, since we don't have 2 quality CB's with pace and experience to snuff out attacks (like Varane in prime + Ramos, for example).

This would normally impact your attacking threat, but in our case, it's very rare that we make use of the clusterfuck of players crowding the center anyway. Having one less 'forward' shouldn't in theory make that much of a difference since the game is so often compressed in a tight space and more often than not one of the central players is just useless in the play since they have to move away from the person running with the ball.

Andresito

Staff member
Because Barca played well is why they looked bad. Kept ball well, worked hard and pressed.

They are not worst in league or worst Barca have played.

Took Busquets a few minutes to come on and almost give a goal away... why he not stroll it? Took Umtiti minutes to do same. The players that started did well and dominated.

Disagree. Together with the CL teams, Valladolid was the worst side we've faced. Won't draw any conclusions from that game.

JamDav1982

Disagree. Together with the CL teams, Valladolid was the worst side we've faced. Won't draw any conclusions from that game.

I disagree and Barca played well against a team in decent form.

Could see the difference when Busquets/Umtiti etc came on and level dropped allowing them to come into it more.

Pjanic/Messi/Pedri/Dest etc were the reasons Barca dominated not some drop in level from Vallodolid.

soul24rage

In certain cases, I think 3-5-2 isn't a bad idea, at least in theory. Like you said, with 2 forwards, I feel much more comfortable having 3 CB's, since we don't have 2 quality CB's with pace and experience to snuff out attacks (like Varane in prime + Ramos, for example).

This would normally impact your attacking threat, but in our case, it's very rare that we make use of the clusterfuck of players crowding the center anyway. Having one less 'forward' shouldn't in theory make that much of a difference since the game is so often compressed in a tight space and more often than not one of the central players is just useless in the play since they have to move away from the person running with the ball.

I agree. Also want to make some additional points:

-With 3 CBs, we can defend better and provide more attacking threats in corner kicks.
-It also helps that, in Koeman's words, Mingueza is versatile enough to play as a RB and we can switch to a back 4 if needed in game.

It'll be interesting of how this back 3 will do against a team that uses a 4231 or a 433.
I'm also happy that Koeman is not as stubborn as I thought he would be with his 4231. Kudos to him.

Last edited:

serghei

I agree. Also want to make some additional points:

-With 3 CBs, we can defend better and provide more attacking threats in corner kicks.
-It also helps that, in Koeman's words, Mingueza is versatile enough to play as a RB and we can switch to a back 4 if needed in game.

It'll be interesting of how this back 3 will do against a team that uses a 4231 or a 433.
I'm also happy that Koeman is not as stubborn as I thought he would be with his 4231. Kudos to him.

Both Mingueza and Araujo fit a back 3. Both are fast, aggressive, they make the lateral movements wide quickly. Pique and Lenglet are horrible for back 3 though, because they are so slow.

JohnN

Griezmann should be in Messi place today.

Mats
Rest Araujo Miguenza Firpo
Pjanic FdJ
Griezmann pedri dembele
Braith

Home of Barca Fans