La Liga | Round 13: FC Barcelona - Levante 1-0

Joan

Your standards are too low. This team is not that bad.(even in current state)

Nope. It's just that Barca needing to improve doesn't prevent me from being happy about the win. As it shouldn't prevent the players. It's not like they're tired of winning lately.

I call that spoiled, but could be just me.

Messi983

It's always better to win than not to win regardless of who you play against and how you play. We're in a state where I don't have high expectations so I'll take anything positive I can get. If we don't play good and win, I'll take 3 points. If we don't win I'll look at possible solid performances from younger individual players. There is just too much negativity outside in the world right now so I won't also be negative in regards to the club I've always been positive about even when our situation was much worse than it is today. I have zero influence on what's going on inside the club or inside players's heads. Regardless of what's going on with the presidents and coaches in the end it's still players who are the most responsible for the end product we see on the field. We all know squad is far from perfect but players's mentality is still the biggest difference between us looking at least somewhat respectable on the pitch and not doing that.

Another thing is I don't look too far ahead and get affraid what might happen in two months against PSG (two months is a very long time in football and a lot will change for both teams before we'll play them, for better or worse) but prefer to concentrate just on the next opponent. And that's what I also expect from our players. In reality, that's what I expect from any professional team (or individual athlete). When you start to overlook your opponents and taking wins against them for granted then it's usually when bad things start to happen. We could get away with that attitude in the past with a superior quality but right now we can't go into the games half-assed thinking "ah, it's just Levante or Cadiz" against opponents who will give their 150% because they still respect Barca as a big club but they're not affraid of us anymore.

Even this team with all their shortcomings playing at 90-100% of their current abilities should still beat most La Liga teams besides RM, AM and maybe Sevilla relatively comfortable just based on a pure quality difference between the sides. But playing at 50-60% the only team we can beat is ourselves.

Home of Barca Fans