How to approach the rebuild

Messigician

Ok so as everyone knows we have a new board coming in and many many problems to Fix. Let's make this a suggestions thread for what we need to do to right the wrongs.

Firstly assuming the board is competent I'd like these players sold ASAP.

Griezmann
Coutinho
Umtiti
Lenglet
Alba
Busquets
Pique
Firpo

Two new forwards signed a Lw and a striker assuming Messi stays I'd play him RW.

My suggestions?

Neymar for 80m last year of contract and many presidential candidates targeting him as the solution.

Halland for Messi to work at RW we need a complete striker like this guy leading the line.

Depay on a free as a rotational option.

Defence! This is the biggest problem and desperately needs an overhaul.

LB we need a generational talent there call me crazy but I think the best option for our team is Yuri Irzeta, he has impressed me alot and I think he is the next Abidal.

Next up for our CB it has to be Klosterman I think he's cheaper than Upamecano and although he's green he is an excellent player who is fast reads the game well and can fill in at fullback.

FinBarcelonafan

I don't think it's realistic to change that many players with our money situation.

I would say get rid of these players:

Busi
Umtiti
Messi ( he is done mentally here)
Lenglet (Sell while his value is still high)
Coutinho or Griezmann. I would keep Griezmann personally.
Pique, if we can find replacement for Lenglet and him.

Messigician

I don't think it's realistic to change that many players with our money situation.

I would say get rid of these players:

Busi
Umtiti
Messi ( he is done mentally here)
Lenglet (Sell while his value is still high)
Coutinho or Griezmann. I would keep Griezmann personally.
Pique, if we can find replacement for Lenglet and him.

I mean if we sell everyone I listed we can.

Coutinho Griezmann and Umtiti alone earn over 1.8m a week in wages

FinBarcelonafan

I mean if we sell everyone I listed we can.

Coutinho Griezmann and Umtiti alone earn over 1.8m a week in wages

Actually, my point was bad sorry. I don't think it's smart to change the whole team. It's too many changes in one off-season. We need some chemistry going to next season. I don't think it's realistic to change that many players in one off-season.

I think we will struggle to find takers for Busi and Umtiti.

serghei

For me, a couple of important, critical steps.

1. Don't extend Messi.
2. Get a reliable manager with a vision.
3. Don't waste money. Splash big on a "9". Throw everything in a Haaland deal if possible.
4. Get a top tier CB.

Those 2 signings are critical. One elite player to lead the line, one defense general to sort the shit.

Everything else we need to do with what we have.

Should ideally look like this for 2022/2023 season.

1834081_FC_Barcelona.jpg

KingLeo10

1. Don't extend Messi.
3. Don't waste money. Splash big on a "9". Throw everything in a Haaland deal if possible.
4. Get a top tier CB.

Those 2 signings are critical. One elite player to lead the line, one defense general to sort the shit.

1834081_FC_Barcelona.jpg

Dawg, if Alba and Griez are here in 2 more years, it's time to pack it up. Alba is 31 already and would be 33 by then...that's washed up territory. Griez is also running on empty.

serghei

Dawg, if Alba and Griez are here in 2 more years, it's time to pack it up. Alba is 31 already and would be 33 by then...that's washed up territory. Griez is also running on empty.

Baby steps brother. Haaland + Upamecano would require a lot of money... You have to do with what you have to sign targets like that. If Dembele stays fit, that 11 looks tasty.

Maybe sell Griezmann if you can and buy a third midfielder and go back to 4-3-3.

Last edited:

Messi983

Neymar for 80m last year of contract and many presidential candidates targeting him as the solution.

Halland for Messi to work at RW we need a complete striker like this guy leading the line.

Depay on a free as a rotational option.

Defence! This is the biggest problem and desperately needs an overhaul.

LB we need a generational talent there call me crazy but I think the best option for our team is Yuri Irzeta, he has impressed me alot and I think he is the next Abidal.

Next up for our CB it has to be Klosterman I think he's cheaper than Upamecano and although he's green he is an excellent player who is fast reads the game well and can fill in at fullback.

Neymar for 80m. :lol: That's exactly how you don't try to do a rebuild.

Also, who is Yuri Irzeta?

Messi983

1. Don't extend Messi.
4. Get a top tier CB.

1834081_FC_Barcelona.jpg

Pretty close to what I'd do but try to push Alba out of the team by 2022. Give a chance to Alejandro Balde or buy someone like Estupinan who shouldn't be too expensive as long as he stays in Villarreal. Also, I like Griezmann and wouldn't mind keeping him but I'd prefer using Pedri as an AMC and bring a defensively stronger midfielder alongside FDJ. And TBH I'm not really sure about Dembele. His injuries are just too much to be seriously counted on imo so look for cheap alternatives who can bring the same things he does.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Question:

Lautaro vs. Haaland?

I kinda think both will require around the same amount of cash.

An ideal line-up for next season for me:

Draw your tactical diagram with this11.com

- I am open to Xavi as coach but that doesn't necessarily mean I am all-in on Font. Poch or ten Hag have a similar style but have a bit more experience and it seems Poch is back-peddling on his "never Barca" stance. Xavi is a high-risk, high-reward and I do agree with Font that he has the potential to be our SaF but it's a massive gamble. Poch or ten Hag would be safer options. Call me crazy but I still think Pimienta should be in this conversation as well...

- Sales: Coutinho, Greizmann, Alba, Junior, Pjanic, Dembele, Umtiti
- Virtual retirement: Busi, Pique, Roberto
- Signings: Lautaro, Neymar, Grimaldo, either de Ligt or Garcia
- Promotions: Konrad, Moriba, Mathues

Swap Greiz for Lautaro, pay outright for Neymar, swap Coutinho for de Ligt + cash. If Juve don't accept that, go for Garcia. Sign Grimaldo outright.

If we did it right, we could maybe only have to spend 120ish and we could rebalance the accounts with the Dembele sale. He is playing better, I'll give him that but I am still not convinced he has the brains to really be the star here and we could finally get a team to sign him this season after he has shown improvements in his physic and form. Ansu is a much better bet long-term for me than Dembele. Once Messi finally retires, we can sign a world class RW 2-3 years down the line and hopefully have enough cash to get a real gem.

Messi and Neymar can have their "last dance" together, hopefully give us a deep CL run or two and can help transition and nuture Ansu into being our next generational talent. Pedri, Puig and Alena can be our main interiors going forward with some competition from Moriba and Frenkie finally can play in the role he was born to play in for us.

Those are the moves I'd make in terms of approaching the rebuild. Lots of youth with Messi & Neymar bringing the experience.

Last edited:

serghei

I am team Haaland. Lautaro plays best around a pivot, just like with Inter and Lukaku.

Actually ideal would be Haalanad - Lautaro with Lautaro behind him. Would be a deadly duo. But we need Haaland most.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I also think we gave up too soon on Cucurella. He has a lot of the same qualities that Alba had when he was at Valencia and the defensive side of things could come with time.

Home of Barca Fans