We have sunk like the titanic

Messigician

Shit squad, no money, 3 points above fkn relegation zone, already 12 points in the league. 4 points in our last 7 home games.

Barto has legit fucked us. Messi brings in 300m in revenue if we lose him we will be the next AC Milan.

Players we signed to replace the old core are not good enough.

What should we have done? It's easy hire Valverde for 2 or 3 seasons save the money from Neymar and save up for proven talent on reasonable wages. Then after 3 years are up wave goodbye to Valverde and bring in a new coach who can phase out old players like Suarez and repalce them adequately.

Instead we are 800m In the red...

We are fucked

Ahmedd

The first big red flag for me was how we handled the replacement of Dani Alves. It summed up a big portion of the problem we faced the seasons after : The board was unprofessional whith him and they struggled to replace him.

But I do believe also that players lacked a strong mentality.

serghei

Messi brings 300m in revenue :rofl1:. Does he shit solid 24k gold bricks every morning of every day?

khaled_a_d

The 300m was an estimation of one of Barca candidates iirc
I don't know if it is legit or not, but he is a huge marketing advantage for us, and our revenue will take a hit without him.

Before him we were 4-7th in top club revenue list, now we are usually 1st to 3rd at worst.
I doubt without Messi we will be contending for a a top 2 spots in revenue, unless we get a highly rated poster boy.

That is why I always say the club will have money for a big signing (or Messi renewal) but not enough money to rejuvenate our squad.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Have said before, that 300m figure is ludicrous and can’t be true.

I think we will still be among top 3 in revenue without Messi, our brand name has transcended beyond just Messi and is very strong, with a huge global fan base and there will be sponsors who want to be associated with us, as long as we are not too bad on the pitch.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

At this point I just wanna see good football. Waste 2 hours once or twice a week watching this trash.

Mitchell1978

I think we will still be among top 3 in revenue without Messi, our brand name has transcended beyond just Messi and is very strong, with a huge global fan base and there will be sponsors who want to be associated with us

You're becoming delusional, a declining team and club, without their biggest player ever, or without another superstar to somewhat replace him means less income from sponshorship, less fans and tourists (after Covid), less tv money, less merchandising...

No way they will maintain their spot of top 3 in revenue.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You're becoming delusional, a declining team and club, without their biggest player ever, or without another superstar to somewhat replace him means less income from sponshorship, less fans and tourists (after Covid), less tv money, less merchandising...

Real Madrid lost Ronaldo and hardly took a dent in their revenue, especially from the commercial portion. Why should we be much different? You are saying Messi fans like you have a much bigger sway than Ronaldo fans?

If we do well on the pitch, there will continue to be tv money, fans and tourists in the stadium, sponsors who want to get their name out because of our brand name’s popularity and people buying merchandise (our club store received so many orders this past Black Friday and they are telling customers to expect delays in shipping, I don’t think people all went crazy and bought Messi jerseys).

Look, as much as some of you Messi fans wish, this club will not crumble suddenly just because he is gone. Sorry.

Marshall D Teach

None of that stopped United from being at the top revenue-wise.

khaled_a_d

Real Madrid lost Ronaldo and hardly took a dent in their revenue, especially from the commercial portion. Why should we be much different? You are saying Messi fans like you have a much bigger sway than Ronaldo fans?

Again, RM was top spot before CR7, if anything they lost a place to us with him.
They are far more established historically than we did before Messi. I don't think it is correct to compare. Never mind they still had many of core players who win 4 CL titles with them, and a manager who is a football brand by himself (due to playing career) , and 4 CL titles in 5 years before CR7 left. Our last one will be 6 years when Messi leaves

Same with Manu, who is playing in wealthiest country football wise, while having a big Asian fanbase too.
And even Manu had Rooney as their superstar poster boy from their glory days, and when declined they paid kings ransom to get Pogba.
Football is a game of stars, and Barcelona has been always a galactico type of club. Hell, Gaspart once argued we are the real top club of 20th century because we had more stars than RM. :lol:
It is huge part of club identity.

Who are you gonna put in front of camera when Messi leaves? Fati? flops like Coutinho-Griezmann? who are close to their 30 anyway and never did play well with us?
Busquets and Pique who needs top be shown the door before Messi?

The club will have to prioterize big signing if they want to remain top 3 in revenue within the next 3-5 years.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Again, RM was top spot before CR7, if anything they lost a place to us with him.
They are far more established historically than we did before Messi. I don't think it is correct to compare. Never mind they still had many of core players who win 4 CL titles with them, and a manager who is a football brand by himself (due to playing career) , and 4 CL titles in 5 years before CR7 left. Our last one will be 6 years when Messi leaves

Same with Manu, who is playing in wealthiest country football wise, while having a big Asian fanbase too.
And even Manu had Rooney as their superstar poster boy from their glory days, and when declined they paid kings ransom to get Pogba.
Football is a game of stars, and Barcelona has been always a galactico type of club. Hell, Gaspart once argued we are the real top club of 20th century because we had more stars than RM. :lol:
It is huge part of club identity.

Who are you gonna put in front of camera when Messi leaves? Fati? flops like Coutinho-Griezmann? who are close to their 30 anyway and never did play well with us?
Busquets and Pique who needs top be shown the door before Messi?

The club will have to prioterize big signing if they want to remain top 3 in revenue within the next 3-5 years.

I don't disagree that the club will try to sign someone big to be the poster child, every big club does that once their biggest star player is gone, what I am saying is our revenue will not take a significant nose dive as soon as Messi leaves. We have a huge fanbase (in Asia as well as other places) and our brand new is very strong. Sure Madrid has had more trophies historically and recently but the fact of the matter is, from a brand power perspective we are on par with them.

If we continue to play in the CL, our broadcast money will not go down drastically. How many people will not show up to at Camp Nou to watch our games because Messi is not here any more? I don't think it will be 50%, so we might take a hit like 20m to 30m tops (we get around 150m a year from matchday). Sponsor-wise we should continue to thrive because of our brand power (5th in the world among all sports brands and events). Merchandise-wise we will lose those Messi fans but the core fans are still here.

Last edited:

Devils

Realistic scenario is that Barca falls off a bit but eventually rebuilds with a few marketable superstars and then takes back the top 3 spots.

Barca might be top 3 right now, but what does it even matter when they've been as reckless as they have with their finances? Ridiculous wages and contracts, hundreds of millions wasted on flop players, a stadium renewal project that doesn't seem likely to happen anytime soon...Liverpool, Bayern, Spurs etc...didn't have the revenue Barca had over the last few years but have been much better run clubs and in the case of Bayern and Liverpool, far more successful.

Barca needs good management and a solid sporting project more than anything. These things are all feasible without Messi.

Last edited:

serghei

Realistic scenario is that Barca falls off a bit but eventually rebuilds with a few marketable superstars and then takes back the top 3 spots.

Barca might be top 3 right now, but what does it even matter when they've been as reckless as they have with their finances? Ridiculous wages and contracts, hundreds of millions wasted on flop players, a stadium renewal project that doesn't seem likely to happen anytime soon...Liverpool, Bayern, Spurs etc...didn't have the revenue Barca had over the last few years but have been much better run clubs and in the case of Bayern and Liverpool, far more successful.

Barca needs good management and a solid sporting project more than anything. These things are all feasible without Messi.

That's right. We have prestige, we have history, we have the biggest stadium in Europe. If we are successful, we will make money and be comparable with United and Madrid.

Mitchell1978

Real Madrid lost Ronaldo and hardly took a dent in their revenue, especially from the commercial portion. Why should we be much different?

Because Messi played a far bigger role in building Barca's brand of beautifull football and succes then Ronaldo ever did.

Sure Madrid has had more trophies historically and recently but the fact of the matter is, from a brand power perspective we are on par with them.

Without Messi (or Guardiola, Xavi, Iniesta, Neymar, Suarez) and without the recent chaos at the club... simply delusional.

Barca are now seen as a badly run club

Sponsor-wise we should continue to thrive because of our brand power (5th in the world among all sports brands and events).

Not without Messi and with the current state of the club.

And even post covid (whenver that is, beginning of next season perhaps) tourism and sponsorship money won't return to previous levels right away, might take years.

Look, as much as some of you Messi fans wish, this club will not crumble suddenly just because he is gone. Sorry.

I don't want that, it will stil be Messi's club even if he leaves and i think they will eventually reclaim their place but they will have to go through at least 2-3 years of rebuilding, maybe more.

Parts of Barca International toxic fanbase however deserves nothing less then years of going without trophies.

You underestimate Messi's financial impact and Barcelona and overestimate the clubs's current brand power.

Home of Barca Fans