La Liga | Round 12: Cadiz - FC Barcelona 2-1

malvolio

Yes, it is exciting for me to watch the younger players playing with a lot of energy, zest and motivation, I would prefer watching that every week than watch veteran players dragging their asses and playing slow, lethargic and unmotivated football. Sure they will lose games but our veterans are not faring any better, are they?

Right now the most important thing is the rebuild as the veterans are near the exit and we need to build a team to be competitive again. I think it is OK to not win trophies for a few seasons as long as we do the homework right and lay the foundation for future success.

No disagreement on the transfer blunders and failures, too many of them to count and too much money wasted.

I get what you're trying to say, but the zest and energy wears off pretty quickly after acknowledging those youngsters can't do much really. And it wouldn't be fair to play them match after match only to shit on them after results are not coming.
We only looked better this season against shit sides or naive teams that trade blows with us(villareal, Betis)

FinBarcelonafan

Yeah but we have to look it long term, these veterans won't win crap and neither will the youngsters. We need to re-build now. There's no loss playing youngsters and hoping some of them stick with the first team.

We already got few positive surprises from Fati and Pedri.

sikkboy

Yes, it is exciting for me to watch the younger players playing with a lot of energy, zest and motivation, I would prefer watching that every week than watch veteran players dragging their asses and playing slow, lethargic and unmotivated football. Sure they will lose games but our veterans are not faring any better, are they?

Right now the most important thing is the rebuild as the veterans are near the exit and we need to build a team to be competitive again. I think it is OK to not win trophies for a few seasons as long as we do the homework right and lay the foundation for future success.

No disagreement on the transfer blunders and failures, too many of them to count and too much money wasted.

+1 A good level-headed post to a statement of fact regarding the squad from the OP. Just a pity that folks on here are losing their shit over players that aren't the problem.

jairzinho

Alvaro Cervera (Cadiz coach): "We had the luck that Dembele didn't start and Koeman didn't use pure wingers." [cadena ser]

Cervera:"I'm surprised he took off Dest. He's a very fast player who can go deep. And when he put on Trincao we knew that they were going to be playing even more centrally."

Everyone knows how one dimensional we are playing centrally with #10's.

fergus90

There are aspects of Koeman's management I like but he has many shortcomings which have been proven regularly at other clubs. He's got a history of shoehorning 10's in, he has a history of being tactically inflexible despite obvious signs when somethings not working, he has a history of playing people out of their natural positions and he has a history of alienating players he doesn't fancy and can't admit he's wrong.

I guess ultimately because he was such a legendary player for Barca he has a margin others wouldn't be afforded. But if you're going to call a spade a spade, he's an average manager at the very best. He definitely deserves to see out the season but I just can't see him being capable of leading a proper rebuild. I'd love to be proven wrong of course, just cannot see a leopard changing his spots.

Home of Barca Fans