New members

YodaMaster

Hello !

I'm a 21 years old french university student. I've been a Barça fan for more than a decade now. Initially my dead relayed to me his passion for the Brazil national team. The first football game I watched from the beginning till the end was the 2002 World Cup final. R9 scored a brace and Brazil beat Germany 2-0. I became a Ronaldo fan from that day but I didn't watched football on a daily basis at that time. Just tapes and videos of R9. I was too young to really understand and enjoy all the aspects of the game. Then Ronaldinho came and that's how I started to watch football and Barcelona more closely.

When Ronaldinho was finished at the highest level I lost a little bit the passion I had for the sport. At that time I was probably just a fan boy. But that didn't last too long. End of the year 2008 the most beautiful team of football history was born. One genius left Barcelona (R10) but another one (Messi) - who would become even greater - appeared straight away. And since these days, I try to never miss a Barcelona game.
I've been to Camp Nou but just for a visit not a game. I hope to go see a game in the near future.

We the Barcelona fans are very lucky cause almost all the best players of their generations have played for the club. Maradona, Cruyff, Romario, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Messi, and maybe Neymar in the future.

I wasn't born when Cruyff coached Barcelona but Pep Guardiola will always be the greatest for me because this guy made me want to really understand football. I was a kid who watched football just to see the attackers do beautiful things and score goals. That changed with Pep. Now when I watch a football game, I look at the team's pressure, how they work to get the ball back. At how the GK, defenders and midfielders deal with pressing, how they build the play from the GK's feet till the opponent's cage.

My message is already too long I won't make it any longer lol. I'm happy to be here and I hope I can take part in some interesting debates. Just one last thing: excuse me for my bad english it's not my mother tongue but I learn it a bit in my studies. And actually it would be cool if I could improve it here.

See you all soon !

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome Yoda!

So you've been a fan since Frank Rijkaard days and followed the club through the start of it's brightest era. :rockon: And yes, Ronaldinho was it. And reason many people started following Barca. No wonder everyone says that it was the Brazilian who took Barca global.

I remember some things from the Cruyff days and there's no doubt they were special. It set the foundations to everything we are experiencing now and for that we are eternally grateful.

YodaMaster

Thanks for the welcome !

Yeah I was so lucky to witness Ronaldinho's Barça and the Pep Team.

And you're right about R10 and Cruyff. I guess Cruyff's Barça wasn't as spectacular as the Pep team but that man changed Barcelona forever and for the best. The best moments this club had wouldn't be possible without him. May he rest in peace.

denn

Just saying hello to everyone, didn't see this topic. Im 23 years old, and I'm from Croatia. Barca is my second love, behind my hometown club. Cheers to everyone!

El Flaco

Welcome Yoda!

Just saying hello to everyone, didn't see this topic. Im 23 years old, and I'm from Croatia. Barca is my second love, behind my hometown club. Cheers to everyone!

Welcome denn! :)

Out of curiosity, which club in Croatia do you support?

denn

Welcome denn! :)

Out of curiosity, which club in Croatia do you support?

Dinamo. But the situation with the club is complicated, so I don't follow the club now for couple of years. [MENTION=2]Bojan[/MENTION] will know what I'm talking about. :p

gelly

Hi All,
Hope I can ask a question here as I cant figure out how to create a post !
Basically all I need to know is if the date of the supercup 1st leg v Real Madrid has been confirmed.
Seen a lot of conflicting info online but a recent announcement on the RM site says it's the 13th.
Elsewhere it says 12th TBD or 13th TBD.
Has this been officially announced yet ?
Many thanks in advance.

soñador

Hello everyone! I'm a 53 year old Barça fan from the Bay Area in California. I've been a fan for ages, but have gained more interest as TV coverage and the Internet have made watching games easier. Next month I'll be in Barcelona and will attend my first game (against Eibar). I cannot wait!! Nice to meet everyone here!

Jägermeister

Hello everyone! I'm a 53 year old Barça fan from the Bay Area in California. I've been a fan for ages, but have gained more interest as TV coverage and the Internet have made watching games easier. Next month I'll be in Barcelona and will attend my first game (against Eibar). I cannot wait!! Nice to meet everyone here!

Welcome and have fun!

First0

Hello! I've been following Barca for a few years now and have visited the forum occasionally but the recent events made me want to join the discussion.

Home of Barca Fans