New members

dakt

If you haven't guessed already I'm from the UK in the Birmingham area. A lot of people from the UK however are firm believers of "support your local team", and to be honest, that can be said for almost any fans from teams around the World with that naive & Neanderthal way of thinking. I've even seen Barça fans reject other Blaugrana followers because they don't "live within 200 miles", which is sad because it goes against everything the club stands for? Més que un club, Som un equip, and a club that unites the World. You could argue that the "El Cant del Barça" also invites fans from any where, we are all welcome to support FCB?

It's nice to support your local team and I do, but in my case Barca comes first. Heck, couple of times I went to a local match with Barca jersey. I don't care. I love football and I love how Barca plays the game.
The biggest thing about Barca are supporters and how diverse we are. Many people who don't follow football very often, support Barca and I think it's a great thing b/c it shows the quality of the club, values and the style of play. It's more then a club for Catalonia, but also for many more outside of it.

Visca el Barca. Good to have you here.
:barca scarf:

Bucky

Penya Member
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Yeah our local team is Aston Villa, through family they support and instilled that to me since birth lol but personal choice I put Barça ahead as they are the team I chose to support for various reasons. Their style of play, how well they play the game & do the name of football proud, ethics and what they stand for. You're completely right, més que un club.

Glad to be here & thanks again all :beer2:

frog-fcb

If you haven't guessed already I'm from the UK in the Birmingham area. A lot of people from the UK however are firm believers of "support your local team", and to be honest, that can be said for almost any fans from teams around the World with that naive & Neanderthal way of thinking. I've even seen Barça fans reject other Blaugrana followers because they don't "live within 200 miles", which is sad because it goes against everything the club stands for? Més que un club, Som un equip, and a club that unites the World. You could argue that the "El Cant del Barça" also invites fans from any where, we are all welcome to support FCB?

I suppose the ones that say support your local team all support the big money english clubs. Im from.northern ireland an support barca so for sure u aint the only foreign fan it doesnt matter were you live if you love the team follow them

amircule

Hi Im amiali from Iran .
Been checking this forum as a guest for a while then I decided to start my journey as a real member here . :)
Hope we have fun together :)

Bucky

Penya Member
It's pretty much anyone and everyone. You'll get fans in person as well as on the internet who support any team from league 2 to the Prem giving that old opinion.

The "top 4" often get fans on the other end of England, whether it be in the sticks or another city completely who support one of them. Around Birmingham there's a lot of Liverpool, Arsenal and Man U fans. Glory hunters aka plastics. They support who ever is top of the league or in form. The classic one was when Man City got brought out and started to actually do well, you would see Man City shirts pop up here & there around here, it's ridiculous.

You'll see a lot of the time too on media, whether Facebook or Twitter, people who can barely piece a couple of English words together support "the top 4" and they'll have replies mocking them saying something along the lines of a sarcastic comment; "go to many such & such matches do you?".

I don't worry about my background, I was a kid when I fell in love with Barça and have been a supporter ever since. My only regret is out of my control and that's not having been born in Barcelona so I could go to every game.

It's great to meet so many genuine Barcelona fans and talk all things Barça though, this place is awesome & feel at home.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Well said IronMan. Difference is when you live in England loads of United, Chelsea, City 'fans' are about everywhere yet when you say "I support Barca" you're instantly branded a glory supporter and asked why you support them. My normal response when I meet one is to say I know more about the history of the club, what it represents, been to the city more times, watched more games than they do about their club. But the main thing is I feel like I have a home with Barca that no other club provides which transcends national boundaries. Truly more than a club.

But why do they support their team. Well their granddads cousins friend lived next door to someone whos father lived within 10 miles of the stadium. :neymar:

Bucky

Penya Member
Well said IronMan. Difference is when you live in England loads of United, Chelsea, City 'fans' are about everywhere yet when you say "I support Barca" you're instantly branded a glory supporter and asked why you support them. My normal response when I meet one is to say I know more about the history of the club, what it represents, been to the city more times, watched more games than they do about their club. But the main thing is I feel like I have a home with Barca that no other club provides which transcends national boundaries. Truly more than a club.

Cheers dude, and sounds very familiar lol well put. They always, always have to ask "why do you support them" with that baffled look on their face. Then they ask you 20 questions about the club history to "test" you. In all honesty, I don't study any club, they could probably tell me things about both Villa & Barça that I didn't know which happened 10, 20, 30 years ago but that doesn't mean I don't support them. It's usually the most random of things but yet they can be the most plastic of fans but deny it out right.

Definitely though, Barça is a place to call home.

But why do they support their team. Well their granddads cousins friend lived next door to someone whos father lived within 10 miles of the stadium. :neymar:

Every. Single. Time! :lol:

Classic.

dazzfcb3299

Hi I'm a new member my name is dazzfcb and I'm the world's biggest barça and messi fan ... I live in the UK I have followed barça for 30 years tro the good and the bad times ( mostly always good times ) .. nice to meet ya n look forward to chatting bout the world's greatest club

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hi I'm a new member my name is dazzfcb and I'm the world's biggest barça and messi fan ... I live in the UK I have followed barça for 30 years tro the good and the bad times ( mostly always good times ) .. nice to meet ya n look forward to chatting bout the world's greatest club

Hey dazz, welcome!

dakt

Our UK branch is going strong I see.

2987082-3091030992-36757.jpg

Home of Barca Fans