New members

B

barca4ever

hi yall , im devdas from Mars , im in love with barca and all the robots out there love them , i dont know how to explain to u how insane im , but undoubtedly im so obsessed with barca since i left the earth and hoping they will make it this season , at last eager to come down to earth and be in the camp nou

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
My best friend in the world is Irooni...I've picked up several phrases and no, I never roll with Perzzian mafia...My boy is atypical Persian but at the core, he has all the kewl things the culture has to offer...I love Persians but there's a similar proportion of the population that is Jersey Shore like with the Italians

Persian food & music is awesome...My wife makes several Persian dishes, in particular some awesome Zeresht...We even fully understand taroof, which we teach to everyone we meet who doesn't know what it is :hooray:

Clockwise

Buccaneer
My best friend in the world is Irooni...I've picked up several phrases and no, I never roll with Perzzian mafia...My boy is atypical Persian but at the core, he has all the kewl things the culture has to offer...I love Persians but there's a similar proportion of the population that is Jersey Shore like with the Italians

Persian food & music is awesome...My wife makes several Persian dishes, in particular some awesome Zeresht...We even fully understand taroof, which we teach to everyone we meet who doesn't know what it is :hooray:

Haha that's pretty cool!
Persian mafia? You live in Switzerland? I'd never heard anything about some Persian mafia in any other places than Los Angeles ( they call it tehrangeles there) but I suggest you don't base your perception of Persians on a group of them. If you judge us by seeing them I understand why you imagine Persian guys like Jersey Shore guys :lol: but I just want to make a note that unfortunately many Iranians abroad are not all good representatives of Persian people in general, many of them unfortunately can't base a very stable relationship between their own culture and the new foreign one. it has various reasons like they evaluate worth of a culture based on the level of development of the country so the don't hesitate to try and throw it away at some point in some more developed territory. Unaware of the fact that you can't throw away the culture you've grown up with, it's made up a large proportion of how you perceive the world so when they just try to force it away they look weird and out of place. I'm Iranian but If at some point I was going to live in a foreign country, I would think twice before contacting groups like Persian mafias. so don't look at them as the typical Persians! :) There are even jokes about some of them among Iranians.

It's tarof actually with one o if you're writing in Pinglish! :D And yeah Persian food rules, glad you liked it but I didn't get what Zeresht is...you mean Zereshk as in Zereshk polo ba morgh? Rice and dried fruit of Berberis served with chicken? And Iranian music is also nice and very calming. Traditional or ritual. One enjoys it even more when you notice the cultural and profound concepts it is based upon. :)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Nah, I meant back in California - where I used to live...Tehran-geles, exactly...Persians in LA, it cracks me up...So when I see it in films, I love it but they never quite capture how funny it really is...But of course, I didn't mean to suggest Iranians are all like the LA ones...I see differences even in NoCal vs SoCal Iranians...I've even met some Midwest & Eastcoast groups...It's remarkable the different sort of cliques or subcultures...But they are distinct...Even met some London & Geneva Iranians...I'm sooo intrigued by the culture...I dated an Azeri girl before my wife and learned about all the subcultures within Iran and all the conflicts on language & ethnicities...Fascinating stuff to me...But definitely, the persian mafia in LA - hilarious stuff...It really is like Night at Roxbury :lol:

I love Persian food...Yes, the Zeresht with the chicken...There's a Persian store in Geneva and I get the berries and other items...My wife & I are actually going go visit in the next year or so, believe it or not...Coincide it with a trip with my best friend and another buddy...I'm a few months away from a Suisse passport and I can get a visa to travel there...I'm going to eat like a king!

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Nah, I meant back in California - where I used to live...Tehran-geles, exactly...Persians in LA, it cracks me up...So when I see it in films, I love it but they never quite capture how funny it really is...But of course, I didn't mean to suggest Iranians are all like the LA ones...I see differences even in NoCal vs SoCal Iranians...I've even met some Midwest & Eastcoast groups...It's remarkable the different sort of cliques or subcultures...But they are distinct...Even met some London & Geneva Iranians...I'm sooo intrigued by the culture...I dated an Azeri girl before my wife and learned about all the subcultures within Iran and all the conflicts on language & ethnicities...Fascinating stuff to me...But definitely, the persian mafia in LA - hilarious stuff...It really is like Night at Roxbury :lol:

I love Persian food...Yes, the Zeresht with the chicken...There's a Persian store in Geneva and I get the berries and other items...My wife & I are actually going go visit in the next year or so, believe it or not...Coincide it with a trip with my best friend and another buddy...I'm a few months away from a Suisse passport and I can get a visa to travel there...I'm going to eat like a king!

We're all over the globe it seems :lol:. So nice you appreciate other cultures. Learning about other cultures is such an exciting experience I'd like to get a chance to have myself as well. Other than friends of different subcultures of Iran I've only had friends of Arabic nationality, Indian and a Russian guy who has now moved to Poland. It's fascinating, all these differences and similarities. I've got several Azeri friends as well, very nice,likeable and warm people with a nice sense of humor. The only annoying thing is when you are with more than two of them at the same time and they start speaking Azeri/Turkish ,sporting troll faces, and that's when you feel fuuuuu.

Haha great, I hope you have a very nice experience here! Tashrif biarid. ghadametun ruye chesm. mehmoon habibe khodast! :D

Clockwise

Buccaneer
That's some tarof :D. encouraging you to have a visit and enjoy it here. and what Iranians think of guests: The word for word translation of the third part would be: Guests are God's friends. which means we should treat them with such respect :)

Clockwise

Buccaneer
There was not a single insult in what I wrote FCBarca, it was all the most friendly stuff, ginger see me tarofin' he hatin'

to ginge, be to che? :troll:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Nah, I didn't get that sense at all ginger...Hopefully, we'll all get to have some Barg & Bandari together one day

Home of Barca Fans