New members

utility73

Salut!

I am Robert from Vienna.
My first memory of Barça is them being thrown out of an European Cup by my favorite Austrian team way back in the early eighties ;)

I have been a Barça fan for only about a year and half now. I've always respected FCB in the past but didn't know too much of the club and its history. In addition I can only fully support one team at a time. And this has been a team from my hometown for about 30 years. Yet several developments in the latest years and the general breakdown of Austrian football has made it too hard to keep supporting this team with all of my heart.

So it happened that I visited Barcelona for business reasons in late 2007. While being there I attended a match at Camp Nou and enjoyed it very much to say the least. I got interested and studied more about Barça, its history and what it meant to the people of Barcelona and Catalunya. I slowly realized that I've finally found a new home for my football loving heart.

Some weeks later and Barça had one more proud soci!

So far I've managed to visit Camp Nou 8 times including being extremely lucky to being able to witness the recent glorious 6-1 victories against Atlético in October plus the wins over Valencia and that other Madrid team in December.

Nowadays I save all my money I'd normally use for going to local matches so I can visit Barcelona and the Camp Nou at least once or more this year. And for the rest I try to watch any Barça game live on TV or via internet stream if somehow possible.

Aja my favourite player is Xavi!
(allthough its really hard to chose only one out of all these excellent and sympathetic players in barcas current roster)

Visca el Barça!

X.A.U

The Special One
Well got invited by Bojan, not good in introduction but I'm Barca fan since 1983/84 or since Maradona wore barca jersey :2145960713mundoemot

Hope I can contribute to this forum!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Salut!

I am Robert from Vienna.
My first memory of Barça is them being thrown out of an European Cup by my favorite Austrian team way back in the early eighties ;)

I have been a Barça fan for only about a year and half now. I've always respected FCB in the past but didn't know too much of the club and its history. In addition I can only fully support one team at a time. And this has been a team from my hometown for about 30 years. Yet several developments in the latest years and the general breakdown of Austrian football has made it too hard to keep supporting this team with all of my heart.

So it happened that I visited Barcelona for business reasons in late 2007. While being there I attended a match at Camp Nou and enjoyed it very much to say the least. I got interested and studied more about Barça, its history and what it meant to the people of Barcelona and Catalunya. I slowly realized that I've finally found a new home for my football loving heart.

Some weeks later and Barça had one more proud soci!

So far I've managed to visit Camp Nou 8 times including being extremely lucky to being able to witness the recent glorious 6-1 victories against Atlético in October plus the wins over Valencia and that other Madrid team in December.

Nowadays I save all my money I'd normally use for going to local matches so I can visit Barcelona and the Camp Nou at least once or more this year. And for the rest I try to watch any Barça game live on TV or via internet stream if somehow possible.

Aja my favourite player is Xavi!
(allthough its really hard to chose only one out of all these excellent and sympathetic players in barcas current roster)

Visca el Barça!

Nice intro,
Wilkommen Robert!

Well got invited by Bojan, not good in introduction but I'm Barca fan since 1983/84 or since Maradona wore barca jersey :2145960713mundoemot

Hope I can contribute to this forum!

Hey XAU, glad you decided to join, stick around!
:flagvl8:

maz

I walk the line
Welcome utility..great introduction and its good that u have finally seen the blaugrana light! The club has a great history which im sure all of us continue to learn about even though we have supported the club for a long time.

Welcome also to XAU. Where do u live? And out of interest, how do u know bojan?

Ron

Old-School
Cheers.

First of all, i'de like to thank Bojan for inviting me to this forum.
After talking to me and introducing me to his forum, i had no second thoughts and i rushed to sign in.

With that being said, my name is Ron, i'll be 26 this wednesday. i'm originally from Venezuela but i moved to Israel when i was 2 years old, and that's where i'm living since than. i'm a Tattoo Artist in my profession.
As much as i remember, i'm a Barca fan since the early 90's. it was'nt a specific game that made me an official Cule, it was Barca's unusual colors & attire that cought my eyes, which were different from other teams in Europe. as the years flew by, it was Barca's beautiful style of play A.K.A 'The Barcelonismo' that made me the hardcore fan that i am today.

My earliest Barca's memory was the first Champions Cup win over Sampdoria at Wembley. I Was a fresh Barca fan, and this game 'sealed the deal' for me :lol:

I Have 2 unforgettable games in my personal archive:
The first, unsurprisingly, was the great 5-0 over Reial in 93/94. 40 years from now, when i'll start to develope Alzheimer, i will not forget Romario's goal on the face of Alkorta.
The second was the 5-1 win over Chealse in the Champions League Quarter-Finals of 99/00. The atmosphere was amazing, the game was amazing, and the final score was, well, amazing.

As far as favourite players, Pep & Lucho are my favourite players of all time, by far.
Pep is everything that Barcelona stands for - Heart, Secrifice, Soul, Style & Beauty. no one will ever come close to his status in Barca's history.
Lucho did a thing that only a few players can do, if any - moved from Reial to Barca only to become one of the most loved players of all time. he gave everything for the club & fans, became more catalunian than every other person in Catalunya and gave us all unforgettable moments.
In this day & age, my favourite Barca player is Rafael Marquez. his devotion & commitment should've won him the Vice Capita position, or at least the 3rd Capita in my opinion.

Well, that was my "short" intro. hope to become an integral part on this forum.
Have a nice day!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Cheers.

First of all, i'de like to thank Bojan for inviting me to this forum.
After talking to me and introducing me to his forum, i had no second thoughts and i rushed to sign in.

With that being said, my name is Ron, i'll be 26 this wednesday. i'm originally from Venezuela but i moved to Israel when i was 2 years old, and that's where i'm living since than. i'm a Tattoo Artist in my profession.
As much as i remember, i'm a Barca fan since the early 90's. it was'nt a specific game that made me an official Cule, it was Barca's unusual colors & attire that cought my eyes, which were different from other teams in Europe. as the years flew by, it was Barca's beautiful style of play A.K.A 'The Barcelonismo' that made me the hardcore fan that i am today.

My earliest Barca's memory was the first Champions Cup win over Sampdoria at Wembley. I Was a fresh Barca fan, and this game 'sealed the deal' for me :lol:

I Have 2 unforgettable games in my personal archive:
The first, unsurprisingly, was the great 5-0 over Reial in 93/94. 40 years from now, when i'll start to develope Alzheimer, i will not forget Romario's goal on the face of Alkorta.
The second was the 5-1 win over Chealse in the Champions League Quarter-Finals of 99/00. The atmosphere was amazing, the game was amazing, and the final score was, well, amazing.

As far as favourite players, Pep & Lucho are my favourite players of all time, by far.
Pep is everything that Barcelona stands for - Heart, Secrifice, Soul, Style & Beauty. no one will ever come close to his status in Barca's history.
Lucho did a thing that only a few players can do, if any - moved from Reial to Barca only to become one of the most loved players of all time. he gave everything for the club & fans, became more catalunian than every other person in Catalunya and gave us all unforgettable moments.
In this day & age, my favourite Barca player is Rafael Marquez. his devotion & commitment should've won him the Vice Capita position, or at least the 3rd Capita in my opinion.

Well, that was my "short" intro. hope to become an integral part on this forum.
Have a nice day!

Welcome Ron!
:flagvl8:

We were talking yesterday about the captaincy thing and I agree with that you`ve said about Marquez. He`s definietely more of a captain material than Xavi.

Home of Barca Fans