CL | Round 5: Ferencvaros - FC Barcelona 0-3

FinBarcelonafan

Getting to he top spot doesn't mean we qualify next round and it shouldn't be our priority. We are far behind in LL and our B team should be able to beat these guys.
Rest Messi, Alba, Busi, Coutinho, Griezmann, Pedri.
At least don't play them for the whole 90 minutes.

We can always through in dembouz second half to score some golazos and be done with it.

Yeah and we will probably always play top roster Vs Juve at home. This game rest.

Messi983

Yeah and we will probably always play top roster Vs Juve at home. This game rest.

Why? Sure, a bit stronger lineup but I would still rotate against Juve just three days after a game against Cadiz. I would probably only bring on Messi in 2nd half.

As for the game tomorrow, Sport says Messi will start but I really hope he won't. I'd leave him in Barcelona. FDJ will probably travel with the team and start as a CB but I'd sub him off in 2nd half when we hopefully can already decide the game.

FinBarcelonafan

Why? Sure, a bit stronger lineup but I would still rotate against Juve just three days after a game against Cadiz. I would probably only bring on Messi in 2nd half.

As for the game tomorrow, Sport says Messi will start but I really hope he won't. I'd leave him in Barcelona. FDJ will probably travel with the team and start as a CB but I'd sub him off in 2nd half when we hopefully can already decide the game.

We want to win the group to avoid embarrassment in the 16 left.

Messi983

We want to win the group to avoid embarrassment in the 16 left.

Sure, we would avoid Bayern or City but even if we win the group we could potentially still play against PSG//Leipzig, Dortmund, Chelsea or even Liverpool who could all eliminate us. I don't think we'll go far in the CL but at the same time also don't expect another humiliation against whoever we'll play so I don't really care if we finish 1st or 2nd.

Anyway, we just can't lose with more than two goals to win the group. Juve is far from a convincing team so far, I think we can do that with a semi-rotated squad. Our focus should be on the league.

FinBarcelonafan

Sure, we would avoid Bayern or City but even if we win the group we could potentially still play against PSG//Leipzig, Dortmund, Chelsea or even Liverpool who could all eliminate us. I don't think we'll go far in the CL but at the same time also don't expect another humiliation against whoever we'll play so I don't really care if we finish 1st or 2nd.

Anyway, we just can't lose with more than two goals to win the group. Juve is far from a convincing team so far, I think we can do that with a semi-rotated squad. Our focus should be on the league.

Liverpool will win the group.

Dodging the worst three for us would be huge. City, Bayern and Liverpool. I think Vs any other team we have a chance.

It's crucial to win the group.

Messi983

But we'd have to meet those teams eventually. I just don't think this team will win the CL and I don't care if we're eliminated in the last 16 or quarterfinals as long as we put up a better image than we did recently which I expect us to do (can't really be worse than 8-2, lol).

Messi, Cou and MATS not traveling to Hungary, good news. Lenglet and Araujo were both training with the team today but Araujo doesn't seem to be ready yet.

EoJm_3zXcAAnTL0

JerseyAddict

Just got the "notification"

From one side, great to rest Messi.
From the other, we need a win.
I hope subs are good enough to finish off Ferenc.

serghei

Just got the "notification"

From one side, great to rest Messi.
From the other, we need a win.
I hope subs are good enough to finish off Ferenc.

Our squad players are far better than any player Ferencvaros have. If we don't win we need to look for the reason why somewhere else.

It's not like we're putting only kids out there. We're going with 40m. players like Trincao, and 100m transfer Dembele. The whole squad of Ferencvaros is probably worth less than Trincao, doubt they get to 35-40m combined.

Last edited:

JerseyAddict

Our squad players are far better than any player Ferencvaros have. If we don't win we need to look for the reason why somewhere else.

It's not like we're putting only kids out there. We're going with 40m. players like Trincao, and 100m transfer Dembele. The whole squad of Ferencvaros is probably worth less than Trincao, doubt they get to 35-40m combined.

I know. Ferenc is in CL terms real bad (they knocked out Dinamo ZG in qualifiers while they themsleves don't know how).

But this Barca team doesn't give me any type of rest and belief.

serghei

I know. Ferenc is in CL terms real bad (they knocked out Dinamo ZG in qualifiers while they themsleves don't know how).

But this Barca team doesn't give me any type of rest and belief.

Yea, but there are far more ways to lose a game than player quality being insufficient. Player quality is usually the constant you can rely on vs teams like Ferencvaros.

Home of Barca Fans