Turkey

C

cardigan

please do not make any jokes about the country, and the animal.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Don't spoil our fun, nah just kidding. Don't want any Turk- Greek rivalry, it can get serious.

Guardian

Not that I'm an instigator, but I enjoy this rivalry. There's nothing better than a fight between your neighbours :)

So guys, who do you think have better women, football, drinks and hotels, Turkey or Greece? :)

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Not that I'm an instigator, but I enjoy this rivalry. There's nothing better than a fight between your neighbours :)

So guys, who do you think have better women, football, drinks and hotels, Turkey or Greece? :)

Enough said ;)

Football:-

Well Turkey may have reached a couple of semis but have they won anything NO!! Greece may have played the most boring and defensive football in the history of mankind but they won euro 2004! We have won an international tournament and until Turkey do, then I could care less if they reach 100 semis and we don't qualify (though we will for 2010, will Turkey!!) because we HAVE WON SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!

Drinks:-

Come on this is no frigging contest. Ouzo is awesome. We are known for our wine, we have many vineyards which produce excellent wine. For beer we have Mythos and Athenian beers.

Hotels:-

We are known for our hospitality and welcoming nature. People seem to embrace our culture and get into it. Ie the breaking of plates, the dancing etc.

So overall Turkey is just a filthy shithole not worthy to be compared with Greece!

Last edited:

Guardian

ah yeah, that Mythos beer with the olive taste. :wub:
Turks have efes which is good too.

I think that Turks and Greeks can get on well with each other and I expect a joint bid for Euro 2016 , just imagine Turkey&Greece 2016! :p

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I agree it can be dangerous so I won't say anymore, but I was asked a question by Guardian so what can I do :D

R

Red Devil

International tournaments won:-

Greece:- 1

Turkey:- A BIG FAT 0

It still shocks me to this day that you won that Euro's was a amazing squad performence . What amazed me was that zagarakos was awfull for Leicester yet he was amazing against all the best europe had to offer .

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Well it was Leicester :D

But mainly it was due to the manager who realised our limitations and set out his tactics to combat that. I am the first one to admit we played boring negative football, but we had no choice because talent wise would cannot stand up to the bigger nations. We beat Portugal, on their home turf TWICE in that tournament, we beat France and imo the best team at the tournament the Czech Rep. So we had to use a system to beat those countries and it worked.

VivaBarca

No offence Ed but if Greece can WIN a major international tournament, surely Scotland could at least qualify, we are about as good as each other.

S

SuperMario

Turkey does has a very good competition and it is still growing. In Morocco, our competition is... just .... well.... I dunno. Don't wanna talk about it.

S

SuperMario

Morrocco looked alright in the African Cup of Nations but were knocked out by Guinea :lol: !

We always have a good bunch of players, but there's always something wrong with Moroccans.

And as of today, I am still ashamed of that loss against Guinea ..... AT HOME.

Luckily, they fired the coach ( 15th one in 15 years or so).

Last edited:

VivaBarca

Some African countries have no stability, if they were run like European countries I am convinced we would have had an African World Cup winner by now.

Home of Barca Fans