Juan Manuel Mata

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
yeah, i guess you're right diego. Nobody knows how a player would be untill you see it clearly. That's why we need those scouts report and coach's judgment.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
After watching that video, I think that we should get him.

You're joking right?

Anyway, in a couple of years Mata will be a good player. Maybe even 'Barca' good. But I don't see the point of getting him at all, he's not starting lineup material.

Warik

Lol, people want Silva to come here and start and if you ask most who watch Valencia they'll tell you Mata is better than Silva. Just goes to show how much reputation of a player influences peoples opinion.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
i do not know why Valencia would sell he is young and would probably not command enough money to make a big dent in the debt..

maz

I walk the line
Lol, people want Silva to come here and start and if you ask most who watch Valencia they'll tell you Mata is better than Silva. Just goes to show how much reputation of a player influences peoples opinion.
Silva is a very talented player but has been unlucky with injuries. Mata is a great player and a very direct winger, but silva is a great playmaker and can play both out wide and in the middle. Silva is more appropriate for us than mata, barring the injuries. He can play on the left or right, and also play in the middle ala messi vs madrid & man utd.

Warik

Silva is a very talented player but has been unlucky with injuries. Mata is a great player and a very direct winger, but silva is a great playmaker and can play both out wide and in the middle. Silva is more appropriate for us than mata, barring the injuries. He can play on the left or right, and also play in the middle ala messi vs madrid & man utd.

Ummm, Mata can play on the right aswell, and can play in the middle as an attacking midfielder who drops deep, just like Silva...and he scores more goals. Mata made his name as an attacking midfielder and second striker for Castilla, and he played the role very well when Silva was out injured...

They are almost identical as players except Mata is quicker and is a better finisher.

beef-supreme

I'd much prefer Mata as he could come in and carry on the Henry role. I am 100% sure he'd be more than capable. He would inject some pace that Titi is losing.
I wouldn't like Silva to come because he is injured too much, and it wouldn't be a great way to give depth to our squad in all likelihood. Also, imo Silva is too similar to Iniesta. I like Silva a lot and I really wanted us to sign him before, but with the emergence of Mata my opinion has gradually changed. It's a question of style and system, and perhaps potential injuries too - but in terms of quality both are right up there.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

Exactly!

Silva could play in CM also if we want to rest Iniesta or Xavi. And Warik, I think I've watched all Valencia games for the last couple of years, you don't have to tell me about 'reputation'. It's just my opinion that we can not depend on Mata like we can on Ribery, Silva or Villa for the left wing. We have the best players on all positions (Valdes, Abidal and Marquez are maybe a little bit behind). The left wing is the only position we need to spend some money on.
But I do think that Mata is a really good player though. But just as Maz says, he could only play our left wing and maybe (just maybe) the right.

Home of Barca Fans