Marcos Senna

ceefoo

Full name: Marcos Antonio Senna da Silva
Date of birth: July 17, 1976
Birthplace: São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
Nationality: Spanish
2nd nationality: Brazilian
Height: 177 cm (5ft 10in)
Weight: 73 - 76 kg (11 st, 7 lbs - 12 st)

Position: Defensive Midfielder [C]
Current Club: Villarreal
Contract expires: June 2011
Previous clubs: Corinthians > Juventude > São Caetano > Villarreal
International debut: March 2006, v Cote d'Ivoire

Last Seasons Key Stats

Game Starts--Goals--Assists--Yellow Cards--Red Cards

2008/09 Statistics.......GS....SB....G....A....SH....SG....FC....FS....YC....RC

Primera División..............25.....2.....2....1.....43....15.....56....86......8......0

UEFA Champions League...8......0.....2....0.....22......8.....16....23......2.....0

2007/08 Statistics

Primera División..............34......0.....4....8.....53....16....62....94......9.....0

UEFA Cup.......................3......0.....0.....0.....4......0.....1......8.......0.....0

GS: Games Started, SB: Used as Substitute, G: Goals, A: Assists, SH: Shots, SG: Shots on goal, FC: Fouls Committed, FS: Fouls Suffered, YC: Yellow Cards, RC: Red Cards

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He would be the perfect replacement for Yaya Touré when he goes off to play the African Nations Cup as well as a key figure throughout our 2009/10 campaign.

He has many years experience in La Liga, Champions League and International level, and is widely regarded as one of the best defensive midfielders in the world.
He also captains his club side, so he knows how to cope with pressure and responsibility.

A top class player that would not cost a fortune that we have a realistic chance of signing. He has commented in the past that he would be willing to move on if the right opportunity arrived.
He would not only be a more than capable addition to the squad but i'd expect him feature in a large number of the 60 plus games we will play if we reach the latter stages of each tournament.

View attachment 845

maz

I walk the line
I wanted to sign this guy back in 2006, but i think now he is winding down his career. He used to be a brilliant box to box midfielder with a great pass (he was villarreal's xavi with the way he would keep things ticking over in midfield), although now he is given a role which is easier on his legs.

I still love watching him play, but i think he's not the kind of player we are looking for. Having said that it wouldnt be the worst move in the world.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Beast's sources tell me that he was in fact born in Brazil...and I've seen him interviewed on Spanish TV and can safely say that I speak better Spanish than him.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Wasn't he at Betis before he moved to Villarreal as I am a sure Villarreal are not his first spanish club.

So that information at the top is wrong.......Unless I am thinking of a different player!

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Senna kept Fabregas out of Spain's Euro 2008 starting line up so he must be quite decent. Can hit a mean freekick as any Celtic fan will tell you.

Hassan TPAH

he kept fabregas out because he keeps the balance in that midfield as he is infinitely better than fabregas when it comes to the defensive side of things...

Home of Barca Fans