Marcos Senna

Barcafan 2304

Given the rumours etc flying around in the likes of El Mundo this summer, I wont believe he has signed until he is playing keepy-uppy at his unveiling

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know if it's really smart; I don't thing he has the strength to challenge Busquets anymore.

Agreed. I like Senna but he is nowhere near Toure quality. If the club is resigned to bring a backup instead of challenging DM then I would at least prefer someone who isn´t close to his veteran years.

maz

I walk the line
It would have been a smart move several seasons ago when he helped Villarreal to the semi final of the CL. He then went on to help Spain win the Euro trophy. But he's getting older, and although he never relied on pace, I am slightly concerned whether he will be able to keep up with the pace of our game for 80-90 mins.

I wanted him to come 3 or 4 seasons ago. But not now. Great professional, but is getting on.

Although, according to SPORT, he isn't on the club's radar.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Its smart b/c you make around 30M profit from it w/out losing much quality - even though Toure would have more of it, it hardly matters as he doesnt play much anyway. Also the team atmosphere gets better b/c you have one less unhappy player.

barca96

Don't know if it's really smart; I don't thing he has the strength to challenge Busquets anymore.

i suggest you to watch back the match at villareal.
our midfiield fell apart when senna was introduced.hehe.
pep had to bring yaya in to bring order back to our midfield.

Its smart b/c you make around 30M profit from it w/out losing much quality - even though Toure would have more of it, it hardly matters as he doesnt play much anyway. Also the team atmosphere gets better b/c you have one less unhappy player.

thats why i dont see anything wrong with senna coming.
if we bring in capoue or any other young star
1-needs to settle in
2-he wants to play more

senna
1-already a bench warmer at villareal= wouldnt mind being on the bench as well
only play when busi needs rest/come in the latter stages of the match to protect the lead and keep possession

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
senna is a brilliant signing.

the way busquets has been playing lately you don't wanna sign someone like mascherano to hold him back.

but equally oriol looks amazing so someone like bruno or capoue would hold him back.

senna does neither whilst adding serious experience, winning experience, and quality skill and technique to the midfield. yeah he's not the force he once was but rotation can help an old man extend his playing career. if he's not playing every week he'll have more recovery time and be able to play on for longer. not to mention playing as a DM for us is much less stressful than playing as a DM for villarreal. as for his pace going... positioning > pace. piqué is a perfect example of that.

plus

PLUS

PLLLUUUUUSSSSSS

he takes great free-kicks, corners and penalties.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
senna is a brilliant signing.

the way busquets has been playing lately you don't wanna sign someone like mascherano to hold him back.

but equally oriol looks amazing so someone like bruno or capoue would hold him back.

senna does neither whilst adding serious experience, winning experience, and quality skill and technique to the midfield. yeah he's not the force he once was but rotation can help an old man extend his playing career. if he's not playing every week he'll have more recovery time and be able to play on for longer. not to mention playing as a DM for us is much less stressful than playing as a DM for villarreal. as for his pace going... positioning > pace. piqué is a perfect example of that.

plus

PLUS

PLLLUUUUUSSSSSS

he takes great free-kicks, corners and penalties.

he is exactly what we need and would be great signing, he is good, expereinced (allows busquets to learn) willing to play backup, a good leader and also has the strength that we don't have now toure is gone.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
If we sign Senna then we will have 2 of the 3 players in La Liga who most deserve to win the league at least once in their career.

ranjix

Jefecito
Since Busquets is working hard these days, signing Senna will be nice than signing other talented n young players like Mascerano. He can't be compared with Yaya but will be a good back up for Busquets IMO as he is an experienced player and had played with Xavi and Iniesta in the national team.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
If we sign Senna then we will have 2 of the 3 players in La Liga who most deserve to win the league at least once in their career.

forlan_blog.jpg

Home of Barca Fans