Didier Drogba

JackaL

Suker is still playing?

His name is Sükür or Sukur because there is no "umlaut" in English. The author made a mistake there. No Hakan Sükür is not playing anymore, he retired years ago. He is a member of the Turkish parliament now and at the same time works as a football pundit for the pay-tv channel LIGTV, giving his thoughts on the weekend games. Funnily, he earns around 300k € a year for his pundit job :D However, I haven't seen him making any comment ever on Turkish politics. Even when having the great chance of having an influence after the match fixing scandals in Turkish football, he never gave any comment on the issue, never did anything. Never liked him, even being such a successful player as he was.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Well, it sounds like Gala profited from a pretty odd tax break for Wes & Drogs, giving them essentially tax free contracts in paying the taxes for them...I guess UEFA Fairplay doesn't necessarily cover an issue like this?

JackaL

Well, it sounds like Gala profited from a pretty odd tax break for Wes & Drogs, giving them essentially tax free contracts in paying the taxes for them...I guess UEFA Fairplay doesn't necessarily cover an issue like this?

I assume you have read the guardian blog, which I was amused when reading. Gala doesn't pay the tax for them. The tax rate for football players in Turkey is lower than in other countries. I have written my thoughts about it in the Sneijder topic. Nothing wrong with the Uefa FFP rules though. It's just tax competition. In Switzerland and Monaco, people pay less tax than in any other European country ;)

Now you probably know why Michael Schuhmacher and other people live in Switzerland :)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Not what the blog claimed though, it said the club was paying the taxes and that even the Chinese club complained about this in the case of Drogba

Tax rate is great in Suisse but it's not the primary reason to live here ;) I live near Schuhmacher's place

JackaL

Not what the blog claimed though, it said the club was paying the taxes and that even the Chinese club complained about this in the case of Drogba

Tax rate is great in Suisse but it's not the primary reason to live here ;) I live near Schuhmacher's place

The Chinese club couldn't manage to pay his wages on time and according to his contract if they don't manage to do so for a month, he has the right to look for a new club. That's what he did. I don't think Shanghai stands a chance in this case.

Well I live in Switzerland, I would need to have more than one conversation with Schumacher & Co to believe that their decision was not based on taxes :D

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

Would have loved to see him in barça for this 6 months.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Anyone with a microphone ready to make a cover of the Baha Men song?

Edit:

The Internet, it is a wondrous place (watch at your own peril).

Last edited:

PearLBLacK

Banned
He'll terrorize Ramos, I'm willing to bet on that. Worst kind of CF our defense can face. I'm thinking Terim will instruct him to target Ramos specifically as he sucks ass against physical forwards. Along with Yilmaz I'm afraid he'll be far more clinical than Ibra and Lavezzi and won't waste any chances he gets.

ammarfcb

ze special one
r u ready madrid?
tumblr_mkkv1zpHul1rct3d5o1_250.gif

Home of Barca Fans