How far should Barça go to sign David Villa?

How Far Should Barça Go To Sign David Villa?

• €35m (Take it or leave it) Valencia will need to sell regardless.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • €35m _ Plus 1 Loan agreement

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • €35m _ Plus 1 Permanent transfer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • €35m _ Plus 1 Loan & 1 Permanent

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • €40m (Take it or leave it)

• €40m _ Plus 1 Loan

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • €40m _ Plus 1 Permanent

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • €40m _ Plus 1 Loan & 1 Permanent

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • €45m or more (Just get him, whatever the cost, within reason)

• None of the above (Please state your answer)

• Total voters

ceefoo

Please state the player’s name if you have elected to include a Loan or Sale option and your reasons why you have chosen this player and how it would benefit the player/team and wouldn’t weaken the squad.

If you are selecting the Loan and Sale option make sure you state the name of the loanee and the name of the player you are releasing permanently.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am opting for the €35m, Plus 1 loan & 1 Permanent proposal.

The player I am looking to loan out is Pedro as I think a season long loan playing regular first team football would do him the world of good and ultimately benefit Barça in the long term.

The permanent transfer would be Gudjohnsen, although I think he has his heart on a return to England and I am not sure if Valencia would accept two attacking players.
So in this scenario, Cáceres would go on loan instead of Pedro.

Last edited:

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
I would prefer not to let any player to go in villa's case. It would be more financial advantage if we let go a player to whom who's willing to buy.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
35 give them martin and loan bojan i think that is spot on and surely they would take it they need money and they get two starters

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
i do not understand why this is so tough he said he woud like it at barca and they are in need of money and we are trying to help them with players... what more they want

Blaugrana1899

40 million plus 1 player(guddy or hleb) I believe is fair. I just believe Villa is going to cost 45 million. The positive is he wants to remain in la liga.

Last edited:

Juan03

either guddy or hleb because they've had their opportunities with us and underdelivered imo. BUT they want Bojan which i dont see what the problem is if we loan him...

TheMessiShow

I voted 40 + a loan (or 45 without loan) which I think Bojan would be a good candidate. It is a risky move but I think he would receive much more deserved playing time, therefore more experience, at Valencia than he would at Barcelona. The only thing I see risky about this is getting Bojan back if he starts to enjoy it there. Another thing is that, training at Barcelona would be much more influential, ie. working with world class players and a disciplined coach.
If Bojan were to leave that would also allow us to bring in one or two more additional strikers up from youth. Most likely Guy Assulin and I'm not sure who else is a candidate.

Before I leave the loan topic, I think it would be nice to have a clause which if Valencia are not happy with Bojan to allow him to return to Barcelona in exchange for 3 million or so Euros to compensate for him. So that would be 40 million + Bojan loan or 3 - 5 million in compensation depending on when he returns.

beef-supreme

The furthest we should go is 40ME + Cáceres on loan + permanent transfer of Guddy.
And I mean the furthest, that imo is the most we could do that is still within rational bounds. If a competitor is willing to offer more than that I would be very very surprised...
I wouldn't want to loan Bojan out. Honestly I'd much prefer 5ME slashed off that at least, plus the two players I've included above. But if they're unwilling to accept that, then add the 5...

nebeer

Love is All
We may go upto 40 mil and loan Bojan out to Valencia for a year. Bojan would get a lot of games there and that would help him grow. Though, Bojan goes only when we keep Eto'o as well. I think Eto'o, Henry and Villa can rotate between them in the CF and LF roles. We don't really use traditional wingers, so these players can work for us and of course we have Messi there on the right or sometimes even going down the middle.

maz

I walk the line
Nice poll.

I went for €35mil + guddy on a permanent and marty on a loan. Guddy's time at the club was rounded off nicely with the treble and it makes sense for him to move somewhere he will get more playing time. And i still have faith in marty, but he wont get the minutes at fcb he needs this season. Valencia could do with him for at least a season.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
€40mil + 1 Loan + 1 Perm and that would be a final offer. Any more and it is bordering on maddness, the figures are scary enough as it is.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I didn`t see anyone valuing Eto up to 50 mil. Is Villa better than Eto? Maybe, maybe not.
Did Eto won 3 La Liga`s and 2 CL and is a proven striker for Barca? Yes.
Madrid has us exactly where they want us. We`ve agreed to play the bidding game with them, and it`s about the only thing they are doing better than us lately.
Such a shame

Home of Barca Fans