Oscar Mingueza

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
this forum never ceases to amaze me. a young lad is thrown into a position he shouldn't be in. plays well in some easy games that we win comfortably. and suddenly gets praised and comparisons with ramos and puyol start.

starts to show his real level in a tougher game and now he is oleguer mk 2 and utter garbage.

You are a reactionary joke mate. He played as RB where is clearly not comfortable. Not saying he would light up the world at CB but it is not fair to bash him for yesterday.

Last edited:

malvolio

You are a reactionary joke mate. He played as RB where is clearly not comfortable. Not saying he would light up the world at CB but it is not fair to bash him for yesterday.

you're following me like the plague, boy. :lol:

it wasn't reactionary as i wasn't the one expecting mingueza to be any good. always said he is segunda or bottom la liga player. was just pointing out that people have unrealistic expectations about some young players and then they trash them.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
you're following me like the plague, boy. :lol:

it wasn't reactionary as i wasn't the one expecting mingueza to be any good. always said he is segunda or bottom la liga player. was just pointing out that people have unrealistic expectations about some young players and then they trash them.

Nah, you are in the wrong here. Mingueza had some good games at CB and wouldn't write him off yet. No one expected him to be the new Puyol or Ramos, people just pointed out he has some attributes similar to those of the two. Most of us just agree his potential is 4th choice CB.

xXKonan

I was not a fan of this sub at all.

Feels like when he came on the Backline got more unstable. He's been fine as a CB but as an RB? not so much. He did okay vs Sociedad but vs Athletic who were pressing, he struggled heavily especially with the ball and once he lost it he just kept resorting to fouls.

serghei

I was not a fan of this sub at all.

Feels like when he came on the Backline got more unstable. He's been fine as a CB but as an RB? not so much. He did okay vs Sociedad but vs Athletic who were pressing, he struggled heavily especially with the ball and once he lost it he just kept resorting to fouls.

It was a terrible sub to begin with. It's idiotic to replace a native RB with a CB for the rigthback position if there's not an injury involved.

That's like using a fork instead of some not very sharp knife to perform the role of a knife. :lol: Extremely illogical and flawed thinking from Koeman. He has these fuckups too often for my liking. Anytime a game goes wrong, he's scrambling. Barely remember any game where we came from behind to win. If we go behind on the scorecard we usually lose or at best draw. It's a tendency already, not some accidents.

Last edited:

Messi983

I think he only made that sub because Dest is physically struggling at the moment and we don't really have another option.

serghei

I think he only made that sub because Dest is physically struggling at the moment and we don't really have another option.

I think he did it because Dest didn't have a very good half, and somehow he thought Mingueza would do better, which is worrying. As sketchy as Dest was, if Roberto is not fit, he is the best we have there.

mc_lovin

I think he did it because Dest didn't have a very good half, and somehow he thought Mingueza would do better, which is worrying. As sketchy as Dest was, if Roberto is not fit, he is the best we have there.

Or Dest was just not 100% fit.

Messi983

I'm not so sure. Dest is training apart from the team today so it's clear he's not fully fit and it would be stupid from Koeman to force him to play if that's the case.

behindbrowneyes

Dest suffered from his discomfort in the final of the Spanish Super Cup against Athletic, in which he had to be substituted in the half by Mingueza.

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/comunicado-medico-dest-11466382

That's why I try not to judge coaches decisions immediately as we don't know what's going on. But it was pretty obvious to me that Dest was subbed out due to some discomforts/precautionary and not for tactical reasons.

True.
Bilbao was very dangerous from set pieces, so you could also make a case for tactical reasons since the team team really struggled to defend them in the air. Especially after the poor first half Dest had.

serghei

Dest suffered from his discomfort in the final of the Spanish Super Cup against Athletic, in which he had to be substituted in the half by Mingueza.

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/comunicado-medico-dest-11466382

That's why I try not to judge coaches decisions immediately as we don't know what's going on. But it was pretty obvious to me that Dest was subbed out due to some discomforts/precautionary and not for tactical reasons.

Then it looks good on Koeman.

Home of Barca Fans