CL | Round 4: Dynamo Kyiv - FC Barcelona 0-4

FC B

Our best bet would be to get someone like Klopp next summer so that we evolve beyond the mundane possession recycling tiki taka playing style. That time has long gone. Look at us in the first half. Knocking the ball around without making any genuine impact on goal.

Exactly but imo it won't happen. If Font wins we'll probably end up with Xavi which would be terrible atm if you ask me and besides Klopp I don't see anyone capable of builidng teams like he does but I'm almost convinced Laporta if he wins the elections won't chose such a manager anyway. Whishful thinking.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
we struggled with the same team in the first half, last night. your point is?

Don't delude yourself. Kiev barely created anything last night, especially in the first half. In the first game Kiev sliced our defense open with ease. Your argument about poor finishing and GK turning up is applicable for us too. If it weren't for Stegen having a good game, we could concede 4 goals easily.

malvolio

Don't delude yourself. Kiev barely created anything last night, especially in the first half. In the first game Kiev sliced our defense open with ease. Your argument about poor finishing and GK turning up is applicable for us too. If it weren't for Stegen having a good game, we could concede 4 goals easily.

they didn't create anything when they played juve in the first round either.

the fact that they got some chances at the camp nou, doesn't mean they've dominated us. maybe you expected 4-0, but it didn't happen, tough luck. we won.

if you want to believe that we magically turned into a better team because the score was bigger or that there were no veterans, be my guest. kiev is dross either way.

it's the same story with the games against villareal or betis. we played a better attacking game because they were naive and exchanged blows with us. when push comes to shove we'll really struggle.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
they didn't create anything when they played juve in the first round either.

the fact that they got some chances at the camp nou, doesn't mean they've dominated us. maybe you expected 4-0, but it didn't happen, tough luck. we won.

if you want to believe that we magically turned into a better team because the score was bigger or that there were no veterans, be my guest. kiev is dross either way.

it's the same story with the games against villareal or betis. we played a better attacking game because they were naive and exchanged blows with us. when push comes to shove we'll really struggle.

Where did I say that they dominated us at Camp Nou and I expected 4-0? All I said that in the same way we could score 4-5 goals, they could too. I agree that this isolated one game doesn't prove anything though. We have to string several good performances together.

serghei

This game doesn't prove anything except what we already knew for a long time: that our veterans are lazy and past it, all of them except Jordi Alba. And this is evident even when you play okay-sh, not great youngsters, like last night.

Birdy

But this is the whole point. It proved a lot.
That when you have 10 and not 9 outfield players pressing, you have a base.
(From then on there are is a lot more to work: in the final 3rd for instance)
But if you don't have that, you don't have even that base to build on

1st game vs Dynamo VS 2nd game vs Dynamo is an eye-opening comparison:
1st game was run n gun which ended with them getting the better of us after the first 25 min,
2nd game was absolute control from Barca with Dynamo not threatening once, and the question becoming how to decide better close to their goal and break them down.

Sorry, I will take the 2nd, and any sane fan that is not living in a Messi-esque self-denial will take the also the 2nd option.

serghei

1st game was run n gun which ended with them getting the better of us after the first 25 min,
2nd game was absolute control from Barca with Dynamo not threatening once, and the question becoming how to decide better close to their goal and break them down.

Sorry, I will take the 2nd, and any sane fan that is not living in a Messi-esque self-denial will take the also the 2nd option.

Agreed, but this is what's been said for more than a year already. We didn't need the game last night to see that. Even the smart Messi fans know this but refuse to admit it.

FinBarcelonafan

Exactly and again, stealing the ball in the opposite side is very valuable. That's how the most goals are scored. If you steal the ball in midfield, in general the attack won't be as dangerous. That was the key to success yesterday. Team working their ass off. It can hide a lot of personal flaws.

JerseyAddict

Well lads, I think you are all a little bit to hyped about this win. Just like we all were after Villarreal, Celta or Betis games. This is just an "anomaly" in a messed up teamplay that we have... next 1 or 2 games and it will all be back to "square one" as it is said.

FinBarcelonafan

Well lads, I think you are all a little bit to hyped about this win. Just like we all were after Villarreal, Celta or Betis games. This is just an "anomaly" in a messed up teamplay that we have... next 1 or 2 games and it will all be back to "square one" as it is said.

True but when was the last time we beat someone away 4-0? We can be happy about the result. Let's worry about the future later. At least something to be happy as a Barca fan.

serghei

True but when was the last time we beat someone away 4-0? We can be happy about the result. Let's worry about the future later. At least something to be happy as a Barca fan.

CL is a different type of competition. Pressing, work rate, can't stress how important these things are. I'm convinced that we won't be competitive in CL until the team starts to consistently play at the intensity levels of teams like Liverpool, Bayern, Atalanta, Leipzig, Atletico etc.

Just look at the Inter and Kyiv games. 2 wins in the 2 away games where we played younger players with fresh legs, who worked harder on the field. Resulting in a faster game, more ball recoveries in good positions and so on.

Last edited:

JerseyAddict

CL is a different type of competition. Pressing, work rate, can't stress how important these things are. I'm convinced that we won't be competitive in CL until the team starts to consistently play at the intensity levels of teams like Liverpool, Bayern, Atalanta, Leipzig, Atletico etc.

Just look at the Inter and Kyiv games. 2 wins in the 2 away games where we played younger players with fresh legs, who worked harder on the field. Resulting in a faster game, more ball recoveries in good positions and so on.

I agree with you an all cases, but the big IFFFFF factor is that both Inter & Kiev are "shit" in CL terms, or to put it nicely, they are not competitive... If we put these youngsters on competitive, expirience and quality teams likes Bayern, Lpool, City, hell PSG ... these boys would struggle. Oldies would be hacked...

so I don't have any hope for anything this year. I don't even believe in CDR title.

serghei

I agree with you an all cases, but the big IFFFFF factor is that both Inter & Kiev are "shit" in CL terms, or to put it nicely, they are not competitive... If we put these youngsters on competitive, expirience and quality teams likes Bayern, Lpool, City, hell PSG ... these boys would struggle. Oldies would be hacked...

so I don't have any hope for anything this year. I don't even believe in CDR title.

I think a younger team wouldn't be humiliated like the Amigo clan were last year. Would still probably lose when facing a top 3 side, but the increased workrate and determination alone would be sufficient to stop another disaster.

FinBarcelonafan

I think a younger team wouldn't be humiliated like the Amigo clan were last year. Would still probably lose when facing a top 3 side, but the increased workrate and determination alone would be sufficient to stop another disaster.

We would lose but not 8-2. They would keep it closer but wouldn't score goals.

Home of Barca Fans