Staff member
Champions League Round 4

Tuesday, November 24, 21:00 CET

eSycZ6viYfgD4JMkrB1RRg_96x96.png
-
paYnEE8hcrP96neHRNofhQ_96x96.png

Barcilliant

0-3 loss.

You heard it here first. Maybe even 0-4.
They gave us all sorts of trouble in that first match playing a B team.

Messi983

Don't really care about the result, we're as good as through and I don't think winning the group really matters at this point either. We won't do anything in the CL this season anyway so maybe even better finish 2nd and get knocked out by a decent team in the Round of 16 than getting spanked again by the likes of Bayern in quarter finals.

Our focus should be on the league to finally win some consecutive games (we have a bit easier schedule on paper but we've dropped points against teams like Osasuna, Cadiiz and Levante in the past so we better take them serious) so hope we'll see some rotations here. Not really much options with all injuries so I hope to see something like this.

MATS; Dest, FDJ, Lenglet, Firpo; Pjanić, Puig; Trincao, Coutinho, Braithwaite; Griezmann

With Konrad, Alena/Fernandes and a Barca B defender (Comas?) coming on in the second half alongside Messi (unless the game will be decided one way or another) and Dembele/Pedri depending on the result.

Sure, our bench is not great but I think it's time to use them more before even more starters get injured and we won't have other options than to play bench warmers. And who knows, maybe some of them will even surprise with more regular playing time.

FC B

A no stake game. My expectations out of this one is getting through the game with no other injured player and ofc without getting humiliated.

kobby

Why no De Jong though? With our defensive injuries, and him being one of the few players who can play there, why not take him along at least?

serghei

A no stake game. My expectations out of this one is getting through the game with no other injured player and ofc without getting humiliated.

It's not really no stake. We need first place to avoid the big guns in the Last 16, and possibly another historic humiliation :lol:. Juve with Ronaldo could beat us at home.

FC B

It's not really no stake. We need first place to avoid the big guns in the Last 16, and possibly another historic humiliation :lol:. Juve with Ronaldo could beat us at home.

Well imo this is a bad moment to hope Barca will win away at DK with all the injuries, Messi , Frankie and others missing, poor form / results lately and ofc playing away which is a nevralgic point for this team.
Juve could beat us at Camp Nou but doubt they will be able to do it with a 3-0 score. Frankly atm I don't really care if it's the first or second group spot since every team from there on could hammer this Barca in a KO clash, especially in the away game.

Messi983

MATS; Dest, FDJ, Lenglet, Firpo; Pjanić, Puig; Trincao, Coutinho, Braithwaite; Griezmann

With Konrad, Alena/Fernandes and a Barca B defender (Comas?) coming on in the second half alongside Messi (unless the game will be decided one way or another) and Dembele/Pedri depending on the result.

Well, this lineup looks more realistic now. Obviously with Mingueza replacing FDJ in defense.

Andresito

Staff member
None of the 4 captains. People have wanted Pique, Busi, Messi and Roberto out, so let's see what the rest of the squad can do.

I doubt it'll happen, but I hope Riqui plays more than Alena.

Trincao 100% will start.

soul24rage

Don't really care about the result, we're as good as through and I don't think winning the group really matters at this point either. We won't do anything in the CL this season anyway so maybe even better finish 2nd and get knocked out by a decent team in the Round of 16 than getting spanked again by the likes of Bayern in quarter finals.

Our focus should be on the league to finally win some consecutive games (we have a bit easier schedule on paper but we've dropped points against teams like Osasuna, Cadiiz and Levante in the past so we better take them serious) so hope we'll see some rotations here. Not really much options with all injuries so I hope to see something like this.

Sure, our bench is not great but I think it's time to use them more before even more starters get injured and we won't have other options than to play bench warmers. And who knows, maybe some of them will even surprise with more regular playing time.

Good line up. (Saw your post of Mingueza replacing FDJ)

Probably gonna think that Braithwaite will be the #9, Coutinho on the left with Griezmann as the CAM.

Home of Barca Fans