Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
Results 361 to 373 of 373

Thread: La Liga | Round 10: Atletico Madrid - FC Barcelona 1-0

  1. #361
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    10,347
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Not gone yet. Still some work left and some cleaning to do. Then a rebuild is on the cards, which can be successful if we elect and name the right persons in charge in terms of board and manager.

    But some of the fastest one-touch football we've played was with Betis in the first half now that you mention it.
    Like serghei said, plenty of dead weight still. Umtiti, Busi and some new type of dead weight like Griezmann. The guy makes way too much money for whatever he brings. Coutinho seems to be quality player now(compared rest of our players), so probably okay to keep him, but selling for good price not bad option either.

    Plenty of things to change. Of course we can't get rid of every old guy, so we will probably end up keeping one or two of the Coutinho/Busi/Pjanic/Griezmann.

  2. #362
    Valverde Cultist
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    6,306
    Dead club

  3. #363
    Senior Member
    JerseyAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,655
    This club will be lucky if ends up like utd. Cause utd stičč has enormous cash in from EPL
    This will end up lilke InterM at best, or more like ACM...

    There is no quality in the squad, there is no cash, and the whole La Liga could face a disaster...
    Andres DON Iniesta is the only player in football's history to be Man of the Match in a Champions League final, EURO final and World Cup final.

  4. #364
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    11,169
    Barca doesnt have a real number 9 anymore, no one makes the runs to stretch the defense, no presence in the box.
    In addition to a new CB, they really need a real number 9 in January, even if its just an average number 9, they need someone to play that role.

  5. #365
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    25,037
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyAddict View Post
    This club will be lucky if ends up like utd. Cause utd stičč has enormous cash in from EPL
    This will end up lilke InterM at best, or more like ACM...

    There is no quality in the squad, there is no cash, and the whole La Liga could face a disaster...
    The money situation is because of COVID. It's a temporary thing. We will have money. Maybe not enough to keep signing 100+ players on constant basis, but enough money to form a solid side if we get the right people making the calls.

    The club's financial problems are because of two things currently:

    - COVID pandemic
    - Insanely bad money management (paying hundreds of millions of players who don't fit, having astronomical wages for lazy past it players and so on)

    It's very possible that in 1 year both of these issues will be corrected.
    Last edited by serghei; 22nd November 2020 at 12:22 PM.

  6. #366
    Senior Member
    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    2,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Barca doesnt have a real number 9 anymore, no one makes the runs to stretch the defense, no presence in the box.
    In addition to a new CB, they really need a real number 9 in January, even if its just an average number 9, they need someone to play that role.
    I thought bullshit merchant Wolfe already sold us Martin "Good guy to have around" Braithwaite...

  7. #367
    Senior Member
    JohnN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,512
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Not gone yet. Still some work left and some cleaning to do. Then a rebuild is on the cards, which can be successful if we elect and name the right persons in charge in terms of board and manager.

    But some of the fastest one-touch football we've played was with Betis in the first half now that you mention it.
    Are you high?
    We are close to the segunda zone.

  8. #368
    Senior Member
    JerseyAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,655
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    The money situation is because of COVID. It's a temporary thing. We will have money. Maybe not enough to keep signing 100+ players on constant basis, but enough money to form a solid side if we get the right people making the calls.

    The club's financial problems are because of two things currently:

    - COVID pandemic
    - Insanely bad money management (paying hundreds of millions of players who don't fit, having astronomical wages for lazy past it players and so on)

    It's very possible that in 1 year both of these issues will be corrected.
    I am not so sure...
    As I see it Barca didn't pay out Cou&Griezz... Don't know about Demb. The wage bill is immense.
    Spain's economy is in shambles.
    TV right will fall down after Messi is gone.
    Who knows when tourists will return in numbers as before.

    There will be no money to spend.
    They can't sign f* Depay... Ffs... It is a complete meltdown.
    Andres DON Iniesta is the only player in football's history to be Man of the Match in a Champions League final, EURO final and World Cup final.

  9. #369
    Senior Member
    soul24rage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,836
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyAddict View Post
    I am not so sure...
    As I see it Barca didn't pay out Cou&Griezz... Don't know about Demb. The wage bill is immense.
    Spain's economy is in shambles.
    TV right will fall down after Messi is gone.
    Who knows when tourists will return in numbers as before.

    There will be no money to spend.
    They can't sign f* Depay... Ffs... It is a complete meltdown.
    I feel the same unfortunately.

    We would have to be very stringent financially for the next few years.

  10. #370
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    25,037
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyAddict View Post
    I am not so sure...
    As I see it Barca didn't pay out Cou&Griezz... Don't know about Demb. The wage bill is immense.
    Spain's economy is in shambles.
    TV right will fall down after Messi is gone.
    Who knows when tourists will return in numbers as before.

    There will be no money to spend.
    They can't sign f* Depay... Ffs... It is a complete meltdown.
    All the more reason to clear out the old high earners then. Of course they can't sign Depay when the wage bill is huge. It will take some time to get rid of it.

  11. #371
    Senior Member
    JerseyAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,655
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    All the more reason to clear out the old high earners then. Of course they can't sign Depay when the wage bill is huge. It will take some time to get rid of it.
    Agree. All the players with insane wages must go or agree to cut it down. This is not EPL, if they don't like it, there is plenty of cash... no, wait, no one wants them cause they are either old farths or damaged goods.
    With less and less income our wage bill will have to be cut and cut and cut. And no star player will wan't to come for peanuts in a messed up team. This could turn in to a "closed circle".
    Andres DON Iniesta is the only player in football's history to be Man of the Match in a Champions League final, EURO final and World Cup final.

  12. #372
    Senior Member
    Neymessi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Total-Football View Post
    1 0 atletico. So obvious I don't even know why we need a thread
    .
    RESULTS CAN BE MISLEADING. LOOK DEEPER

  13. #373
    Senior Member
    Vilarrubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,233
    Congrats to Koeman handing Atletico their first win against us in La Liga with Simeone in 18 games.