La Liga | Round 10: Atletico Madrid - FC Barcelona 1-0

FinBarcelonafan

Not gone yet. Still some work left and some cleaning to do. Then a rebuild is on the cards, which can be successful if we elect and name the right persons in charge in terms of board and manager.

But some of the fastest one-touch football we've played was with Betis in the first half now that you mention it.

Like serghei said, plenty of dead weight still. Umtiti, Busi and some new type of dead weight like Griezmann. The guy makes way too much money for whatever he brings. Coutinho seems to be quality player now(compared rest of our players), so probably okay to keep him, but selling for good price not bad option either.

Plenty of things to change. Of course we can't get rid of every old guy, so we will probably end up keeping one or two of the Coutinho/Busi/Pjanic/Griezmann.

JerseyAddict

This club will be lucky if ends up like utd. Cause utd stičč has enormous cash in from EPL
This will end up lilke InterM at best, or more like ACM...

There is no quality in the squad, there is no cash, and the whole La Liga could face a disaster...

Morten

Barca doesnt have a real number 9 anymore, no one makes the runs to stretch the defense, no presence in the box.
In addition to a new CB, they really need a real number 9 in January, even if its just an average number 9, they need someone to play that role.

serghei

This club will be lucky if ends up like utd. Cause utd stičč has enormous cash in from EPL
This will end up lilke InterM at best, or more like ACM...

There is no quality in the squad, there is no cash, and the whole La Liga could face a disaster...

The money situation is because of COVID. It's a temporary thing. We will have money. Maybe not enough to keep signing 100+ players on constant basis, but enough money to form a solid side if we get the right people making the calls.

The club's financial problems are because of two things currently:

- COVID pandemic
- Insanely bad money management (paying hundreds of millions of players who don't fit, having astronomical wages for lazy past it players and so on)

It's very possible that in 1 year both of these issues will be corrected.

Last edited:

malvolio

Barca doesnt have a real number 9 anymore, no one makes the runs to stretch the defense, no presence in the box.
In addition to a new CB, they really need a real number 9 in January, even if its just an average number 9, they need someone to play that role.

I thought bullshit merchant Wolfe already sold us Martin "Good guy to have around" Braithwaite...:crbust:

JohnN

Not gone yet. Still some work left and some cleaning to do. Then a rebuild is on the cards, which can be successful if we elect and name the right persons in charge in terms of board and manager.

But some of the fastest one-touch football we've played was with Betis in the first half now that you mention it.
Are you high?
We are close to the segunda zone.

JerseyAddict

The money situation is because of COVID. It's a temporary thing. We will have money. Maybe not enough to keep signing 100+ players on constant basis, but enough money to form a solid side if we get the right people making the calls.

The club's financial problems are because of two things currently:

- COVID pandemic
- Insanely bad money management (paying hundreds of millions of players who don't fit, having astronomical wages for lazy past it players and so on)

It's very possible that in 1 year both of these issues will be corrected.

I am not so sure...
As I see it Barca didn't pay out Cou&Griezz... Don't know about Demb. The wage bill is immense.
Spain's economy is in shambles.
TV right will fall down after Messi is gone.
Who knows when tourists will return in numbers as before.

There will be no money to spend.
They can't sign f* Depay... Ffs... It is a complete meltdown.

soul24rage

I am not so sure...
As I see it Barca didn't pay out Cou&Griezz... Don't know about Demb. The wage bill is immense.

I feel the same unfortunately.

We would have to be very stringent financially for the next few years.

serghei

I am not so sure...

All the more reason to clear out the old high earners then. Of course they can't sign Depay when the wage bill is huge. It will take some time to get rid of it.

JerseyAddict

All the more reason to clear out the old high earners then. Of course they can't sign Depay when the wage bill is huge. It will take some time to get rid of it.

Agree. All the players with insane wages must go or agree to cut it down. This is not EPL, if they don't like it, there is plenty of cash... no, wait, no one wants them cause they are either old farths or damaged goods.
With less and less income our wage bill will have to be cut and cut and cut. And no star player will wan't to come for peanuts in a messed up team. This could turn in to a "closed circle".

Vilarrubi

Congrats to Koeman handing Atletico their first win against us in La Liga with Simeone in 18 games.

EnmL39uW8AAHJHS

Home of Barca Fans