Robinho

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 843

Catalan press has been mentioning Robinho over the past few days.
Apparently Robinho was one of Guardiola`s preferred players last season and if there`s any truth in those rumors, FC Barcelona might turn to him.
There`s supposed to be some kind of clause in his contract with Manchester City and it involves something about qualifying for Champions league spot, which City failed to do.
Maybe someone knows more?

Robinho is a good player imo. And in his last season with Real Madrid he was amazing.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
He didn't do too badly with City either, his goal return is very satisfactory considering he scored a majority of them in the first half of the season when City were doing okay. If he were in a good team he'd shine again.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
He wasen't really good yesterday vs Egypt although none of the Brazilian players were really performing except for Dani and Kaká.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
One of the most overrated players of recent years IMO and another Brazilian with a distinct lack of professionalism. I really hope we steer clear.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
i think real madrid letting him go was a big mistake that made this season so bad for them, he is proven in spain and not at his peak yet i think he would be a great buy, however i do not see how man city would ever let him go.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
How is he proven in Spain? He never did anything against the better sides, he's a flat track bully with a few step overs and has come nowhere near to proving himself as a world class performer.

Rivaldo

Robinho is a cocky thumb sucking scumbag. Skillwise he would be brilliant, plus it's even better that we would be robbing Madrid. However his attitude is a big NO.

He is very overrated too.

diegomessi

ok i meant to put he is experience in spain.. but imo he is world class he was up there in the top for gols in EPL as well.. but plays on a whole different level for brasil

Thierry

Hmmm,

a good player..well maybe, a fantastic player.....I would not agree.

Robinho just doesn't seem to show focus and long-thought into his own carreer anymore, I mean look at his behaviour at Citeh for instance, got signed there for a wholesome fee, made good headlines with it at start,....and that was that, recently he was heard to want to head back home (Santos) re: homesick reasons. he also wanted to sign with Chelsea at Stamford, whatever happened to that dream..? Look if a player chooses to hunt for lucrative contracts in football, thats the way to go, but that is not our style at FCB unfortunately.

so, we shouldn't have any reason to want to sign him at all. we have roles in his areas at Camp Nou already (maybe even stronger ones than him) and certainly pouring out hard cash to Citeh's expensive clauses is not the way to spend money wisely.

It will be a liability should we opt for Robinho imo.

diegomessi

people can change and we could make robinho into a model player... who knows he might be a player cules never forget... i guess everyone is not for signing him, but i still would be amazed to see him linking with iniesta and xavi

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
It's a little bit of a gamble imo. A mix of Adriano and Ronaldinho 07/08 mentality mixed with occassional brilliance a couple of teaspoons of creativity, 100g unprofessionalism and top it of with a big dose of nutcase. The fact that he has played for Man C and RM just doesn't make it better. But if Pep could straighten him out, he could be really good for us...

diegomessi

thank you someone is open minded and gives the guy a chance he is brasilian so of course he has a little arrogance and homesickness but it could be sorted

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
A big no. Not because he was ex Madrid, but more with his attitude. He's an excellent player. But he's to greedy for a player. He could easily jump to another team just because of money.

I don't like his attitude when he went to Man City. I don't like Madrid too, but at that time. I hated this guy more than I hate Madrid. Could this be sorted out? Well, i believe people can change. But that change need times.

Home of Barca Fans