Date of birth: Jun 24, 1999
Place of birth: Artigas, Uruguay
Height: 1,87 m
Citizenship: Uruguay
Position:Forward - Centre-Forward
Foot: right
Current club: SL Benfica
Contract expires: 30.06.2025

There were rumours a few days ago we've tried to sign him last summer from Almeria but eventually he went to Benfica for around 25m where he has started well. He has a goal and 5 assists in 6 league games and 4 goals and an assist in 3 Europa League games. Also had 4 goals disallowed by VAR already so far. Anyway, Moi Llorens who is usually pretty reliable says Ramon Planes is already working on signing him from Benfica but obviously whatever deal (if reached) will need to be confirmed by a new president.

Probably won't be cheap and I just don't see us spending big money next summer unless we manage to sell Dembele, Griezmann and/or Coutinho but I really like him and he'd be my second striker choice if we can't get Haaland (which we probably won't).

JohnN

I hear he is getting goals disallowed by var all the time. He is a perfect fit for us!

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He has 1 goal in 7 games in Liga NOS. As a striker. I like his profile, but I will wait until he actually starts scoring before jumping on the bandwagon.

Messi983

I think he was quite good. Unlucky not to score a great goal in first minutes (which could turn the game in another direction as Brazil was far from being a dominant team) and he was Uruguay's most active offensive player. He just didn't have much support from the rest of the team. Cavani is just a shadow of his former self, their midfield is too defensive (De La Cruz was the only one working well with Darwin) and FBs don't do much offensively either.

He has 1 goal in 7 games in Liga NOS. As a striker. I like his profile, but I will wait until he actually starts scoring before jumping on the bandwagon.

He also has like 4 or 5 goals disallowed already.

Sure, he'll need to start scoring more (OTOH it could keep his price down a bit if he won't so I'd take that as well :lol: ) but Benfica is playing with two strikers and he's moving to both wings with his mobility and then assisting to his team mates with a good vision and unselfishness. Look at his assists, he mostly does like 70-80% of the work. But he can also score different types of goals. He's still a work in progress but I believe he has everything to develop into a complete forward at the next level. He's not a physical freak or a goal machine like Haaland but he could be our next best available option in two years.

I understand it's risky to spend 20m+ on a player from Segunda but we could do a lot worse so I think it's a shame we couldn't afford to sign and send him on loan for a season to develop (though with where we're currently at he could've also played a lot for us already this season).

Barca1989

I think he was quite good. Unlucky not to score a great goal in first minutes (which could turn the game in another direction as Brazil was far from being a dominant team) and he was Uruguay's most active offensive player. He just didn't have much support from the rest of the team. Cavani is just a shadow of his former self, their midfield is too defensive (De La Cruz was the only one working well with Darwin) and FBs don't do much offensively either.

He also has like 4 or 5 goals disallowed already.

Sure, he'll need to start scoring more (OTOH it could keep his price down a bit if he won't so I'd take that as well :lol: ) but Benfica is playing with two strikers and he's moving to both wings with his mobility and then assisting to his team mates with a good vision and unselfishness. Look at his assists, he mostly does like 70-80% of the work. But he can also score different types of goals. He's still a work in progress but I believe he has everything to develop into a complete forward at the next level. He's not a physical freak or a goal machine like Haaland but he could be our next best available option in two years.

I understand it's risky to spend 20m+ on a player from Segunda but we could do a lot worse so I think it's a shame we couldn't afford to sign and send him on loan for a season to develop (though with where we're currently at he could've also played a lot for us already this season).

I would buy Patson Daka or Moukoko instead of him. We need a goal machine as CF, not someone with 10 to 15 goals per season, or less

Slevinn

Should have gotten him before he went to Benfica. If he starts banging in goals every week it?s too late.

Messi983

https://www.sport.es/en/news/barca/...fica-and-uruguay-striker-darwin-nunez-8234729

Sporting director Ramon Planes traveled to Lisbon this weekend and was in the Stadium of Light to see Benfica's win over Pa?os de Ferreira.

Nu?ez is not a target for January or maybe even for next summer, but he's a player the club feel could have a big future on the game and want to keep tabs on him in the event of a possible move in 2022.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

vuji_31

Not impressive even on YT.

His only strength is that he is tall and strong but he does not use it too much.

Hard pass.

Btw he is playing like LW not ST.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans