La Liga | Round 7: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 1-3

malvolio

VAR is not a problem when implemented correctly, European Super League though... thats something else entirely, please someone just kill that idea.

European Super League actually makes sense. The CL is a fraud for big teams anyway. Groups are just as appetiser with no real value for strong teams.

Better to have a league format in order to determine the winner

Morten

El Gato

Villarato!
European Super League actually makes sense. The CL is a fraud for big teams anyway. Groups are just as appetiser with no real value for strong teams.

Ridiculous take

SmilerBam

If the European Super League will go through,national leagues will become obsolete.It's gonna be a closed system,only the richest will be there.I found that boring and highly unattractive.For me at least.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It is a very selfish move on the part of the big clubs (spearheaded by the money-crazed Glazers and FSG again, not surprised). It will benefit the big clubs no doubt but will hurt the respective national leagues tremendously as the TV and broadcast income will decrease drastically without the big clubs participating. CL will become EL and EL will probably cease to exist.

malvolio

If the European Super League will go through,national leagues will become obsolete.It's gonna be a closed system,only the richest will be there.I found that boring and highly unattractive.For me at least.

Who gives a fuck about Midtjylland vs Atalanta really? Let them fight in a lighter Champions League and let the big boys fight it out in a serious league between them.

For a club like Bar?a or Real, the CL, is a competition with 7 games to play and 2-3 in which to actually compete.

What's the point seeing Real getting dicked in one game by Shakyar only for them to win the group in the end?

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Who gives a fuck about Midtjylland vs Atalanta really? Let them fight in a lighter Champions League and let the big boys fight it out in a serious league between them.

For a club like Bar?a or Real, the CL, is a competition with 7 games to play and 2-3 in which to actually compete.

Even from a selfish perspective, if the national leagues wither as a result of this, do you think the big clubs will not be adversely affected? Where are we going to raid the talents from?

From an unselfish perspective, fans of those clubs (Midtjylland and Atalanta etc.) do care and it is very snobbish to dismiss them like that.

malvolio

Even from a selfish perspective, if the national leagues wither as a result of this, do you think the big clubs will not be adversely affected? Where are we going to raid the talents from?

From an unselfish perspective, fans of those clubs (Midtjylland and Atalanta etc.) do care and it is very snobbish to dismiss them like that.

Let them play in their own format then. What's the point for Bar?a to batter hungarian farmers? It's just about the money in the end.

JohnN

To be fair, if the Ramos penalty is given, we should have been given a penalty too.. on 2 occasions. Even the commentators said that if the penalty was on the opposite side, it wouldn't have been given.
Apart from that, we lost concentration after the 1-2.
Koeman's subs after 80 destroyed our structure and players were making mistakes left and right.

FC B

In fierce competition with United, im afraid, and it looks like they have us beat at this moment.

Nobody can compare to rm when it comes to pro serial refereeing decisions, just look at La Liga 2012, 2017 and 2020 (after the break due to the virus) or CL 2016-2018. It's just about rm and the rest, huge difference between them and everybody else, including Juventus or United.

Altomonte

what worries me most about the current schedule for top clubs is that it is so compressed. It started with La Liga after the COVID break. 2-3 days between matches is not enough for recovery. As a consequence, there will be injuries.
Top clubs need to rotate much more.
As to Bar?a and Messi, playing after short rest has never been his strength, even in his prime.
I am afraid that Koeman is using him too much. If he plays again 90 minutes against Juventus, he could easily get injured.
Let Griezmann play and see how he performs without Messi next to him.

Home of Barca Fans