La Liga | Round 7: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 1-3

mc_lovin

I am sure it has been said before, but callling that shirt pull makes things random as hell. I have seen similar or worse in 9 out of 10 of games this season. Sometimes called, sometimes not. No consistency. And then you see Ramos slightly pushing as well.

VAR is definitely a good thing, but interpreting the rules rigorously gives the referees far too much influence. Heck, even Marcas house dog/referee said it shouldnt be called. For all the crisis talk in Barcelona a draw would probably have been the fairest result. Not a game to gloat about.

El Gato

Villarato!
Has anyone seen that Ramos actually pushed Lenglet before the shirt pull? https://twitter.com/Faroukyahia9/status/1320294666005368834 . I'm not so sure on this anymore.

Really?..

I am sure it has been said before, but callling that shirt pull makes things random as hell. I have seen similar or worse in 9 out of 10 of games this season. Sometimes called, sometimes not. No consistency. And then you see Ramos slightly pushing as well.

VAR is definitely a good thing, but interpreting the rules rigorously gives the referees far too much influence. Heck, even Marcas house dog/referee said it shouldnt be called. For all the crisis talk in Barcelona a draw would probably have been the fairest result. Not a game to gloat about.

??

A shirt pull and one as obvious as this is a pen.

El Gato

Villarato!
I dont argue that this wasnt a penalty, I argue that theres no freaking consistency in awarding them. I am not overly bothered though, we deserved nothing from this game.

I know you're not fussed either way on this one but why is 'calling that shirt pull making things random as hell', in other words 'bad'. Just gotta call them all when they're as obvious as this one was.

Where did Marca referee say it should have been called?
None of the Movistar panel did I think.

I think this is going to be a hell of a season for polemica about referees AGAIN as usual when Real has a good lead (which we don't, but people will view it as such). Even Betis posted a photo on Twitter complaining about their shirt pull vs Sociedad when it was made clear to them that the incident didn't get a call because there was a foul before it.
Koeman is literally going out of his way to trumpet about it using the ridiculous arguments.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

I know you're not fussed either way on this one but why is 'calling that shirt pull making things random as hell', in other words 'bad'. Just gotta call them all when they're as obvious as this one was.

Where did Marca referee say it should have been called?
None of the Movistar panel did I think.

I think this is going to be a hell of a season for polemica about referees AGAIN as usual when Real has a good lead (which we don't, but people will view it as such). Even Betis posted a photo on Twitter complaining about their shirt pull vs Sociedad when it was made clear to them that the incident didn't get a call because there was a foul before it.
Koeman is literally going out of his way to trumpet about it using the ridiculous arguments.

Exactly, but apparently its not this easy. Theres controversy, and as I pointed out even Marca somewhat agrees. Be rigorous or not, but not somewhere in the middle with decisions like that. If you enforce it sometimes and sometimes not it gets random.

FinBarcelonafan

Ramos took him to school. You're more likely to get away with pushing, than shirt pulling.

Yes. Very smart by him.

It's funny. If Lenglet dives after Ramos push, it's free kick for Barca. Now Ramos dives and they get a penalty. So sick.

In other words, yes Ramos played perfectly there, the ref and Legnlet.

serghei

Yes. Very smart by him.

It's funny. If Lenglet dives after Ramos push, it's free kick for Barca. Now Ramos dives and they get a penalty. So sick.

In other words, yes Ramos played perfectly there, the ref and Legnlet.

Yep. Pretty much. It shows how stupid and chaotic Lenglet is.

Altomonte

Question: would the referee have called this penalty in a packed stadium?
Is the absence of a home crowd changing how referees are behaving? And how VAR is interpreted?

CatalinR10

FC BARCELONA HELLLLLOOOOOOOO ???????

WAT DOINK ????????????

HELOOOOOOOOO ????????

How can you fucking lose 1-3 at home vs a team who barelly tied the game vs gladbach and lost at home vs shakhtar ?

HEEELLLOOOOOOO ????

How bad is the team right now hoooolllyyyyyy , pathetic ,,fotball players " who don't deserve the money they get from the club.

PATHETIC.

Messigician

FC BARCELONA HELLLLLOOOOOOOO ???????

WAT DOINK ????????????

HELOOOOOOOOO ????????

How can you fucking lose 1-3 at home vs a team who barelly tied the game vs gladbach and lost at home vs shakhtar ?

HEEELLLOOOOOOO ????

How bad is the team right now hoooolllyyyyyy , pathetic ,,fotball players " who don't deserve the money they get from the club.

PATHETIC.

Cringe

Home of Barca Fans