Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: La Liga | Round 5: FC Barcelona - Sevilla 1-1

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.

La Liga | Round 5: FC Barcelona - Sevilla 1-1

Sunday, October 4, 21:00 CET

-
    -------

Rakitic is back
    Andres DON Iniesta is the only player in football's history to be Man of the Match in a Champions League final, EURO final and World Cup final.

Let’s smash them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post
    Let’s smash them.
    If we'll play like this we will. I hope Koeman keeps the in order not to get noses high.
    Andres DON Iniesta is the only player in football's history to be Man of the Match in a Champions League final, EURO final and World Cup final.

First big test of the year... I expect a win but will be interesting to see how many chances we give up.

We know we can score goals but I want to see us concede very little chances, it will help us build confidence.

2-1 Barca

Quote Originally Posted by Daisymorr View Post
    First big test of the year... I expect a win but will be interesting to see how many chances we give up.

We know we can score goals but I want to see us concede very little chances, it will help us build confidence.

2-1 Barca
    Away to Celta not a test? Also when down to 10 men?

Every game Barca wins getting passed off as easy then claim of 'lets wait for real test' of those trying to predict worst.

Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Away to Celta not a test? Also when down to 10 men?

Every game Barca wins getting passed off as easy then claim of 'lets wait for real test' of those trying to predict worst.
    IT IS a very good win but one I expected Barca to win.

I see Sevilla as a much better team though, hence a tougher test. We are at home which is why I expect us to beat Sevilla. I would not be as confident playing in Seville where as I was confident away to Celta.

I feel we will get a much better understanding of the progression of the team against Sevilla, good or bad, we should know more after this game. We might see more where we can be exposed or where we seem to be stronger than last year (I hope the latter)

The win of Celta is still an excellent win, I'm not trying to take anything away from that win.

Lol, much more expected to win at home vs Sevilla than vs Celta away.

I'd bank on scoring at least 3 tomorrow, but probably 4 or 5.

Celta away, where we haven't won in the past 5 season, is a much more difficult test than Sevilla at home, especially when we were 1 man down and playing in a new team system.

Ever since Rakitic took #10 at Sevilla, their threat in my eyes has basically gone down to 1/10.
    f. Signatures must not slow down the forum (no gifs, maximum size 30kb and 700 wide x 200 tall pixels for images OR 5 lines of text (in english/catalan/castellano)

Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Rakitic will treat this like a WC final. Count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    Rakitic will treat this like a WC final. Count on it.

Thats not too bad for you guys, considering he lost that final and was kind average if i recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisymorr View Post

2-1 Barca
    Historically:

Away vs Celta

9 wins, 6 draws, 9 losses

Home vs Sevilla

24 wins, 4 draws, 4 losses.

Not to mention we played almost 45 min with 10 players. Yeah, not close.. It was an amazing performance by Barca. Great game.

Seville is the better team tbh, and with no fans it is different than before.

Quote Originally Posted by FinBarcelonafan View Post
    Historically:

Away vs Celta

9 wins, 6 draws, 9 losses

Home vs Sevilla

24 wins, 4 draws, 4 losses.

Not to mention we played almost 45 min with 10 players. Yeah, not close.. It was an amazing performance by Barca. Great game.
    While I agree, I think we have to keep in mind that the conditions sort of nullified the man advantage a bit. Taking nothing away from a really good performance from us though.
    f. Signatures must not slow down the forum (no gifs, maximum size 30kb and 700 wide x 200 tall pixels for images OR 5 lines of text (in english/catalan/castellano)