La Liga | Round 5: FC Barcelona - Sevilla 1-1

khaled_a_d

I don't get how Koeman thinks Puig can't help us?! Man was screaming for a player of his profile that can increase the passing rhythm and speed.

He clearly doesn't rate him man.
Kid should look for his future and move on, otherwise it will be like Alena and get loaned in the middle of the year and have a difficult time settling in new team.
It will be a wasted year and he should have taken the hint.

serghei

He clearly doesn't rate him man.
Kid should look for his future and move on, otherwise it will be like Alena and get loaned in the middle of the year and have a difficult time settling in new team.
It will be a wasted year and he should have taken the hint.

OK if he doesn't rate him, but today he showed that his plan for fixing the problems Sevilla posed on our build-up was crap.

Asylum15

Friendly neighbourhood Irishman checking in after a few weeks (haven't missed any of our games)...

Get Griez/Roberto out of our fucking team for heavens sake.

That's all for now.

Birdy

Messi up front no longer works imo, if you go back to 11/12, he had great movement, finishing,acceleration and dribbling to make it all look easy.
Still have some of those qualities, but no longer to the extent that he did back then, i dont think Messi could re-invent himself as a false 9, nor do i think he is interested in it(he likes to be the playmaker too much as well).

You don't see it correctly.
It's not about where Messi plays better, it's rather about where he disrupts the rest less.
And apparently, the less costly positions is that of a 'false 9'
I wish that rat Barto would have let him go in the summer.
We will always be steps behind in building a competitive team with Messi hanging around and playing 90 min with absolute freedom on what to do

khaled_a_d

Midfield is the line who lost us points today, not Messi or the young lads.
Maybe they failed to make more difference but in 2nd half we lost control of the game, totally.
The likes of Trincao/Pedri and even Messi failed to get the ball in good places.
Also, I talked plenty about this, but not having a quick players upfront hurts us badly.
It makes it easy to press us without fearing of paying for it. We are no longer able to pass our way from box to box, if we want to be able to build up from the back then teams should fear our counter attack.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
So many failed easy 5 m passes. Whole team looked disconnected and it didn't feel like we started attacking until the 85th minute.

We lack a leader when games are looking like this. There's nobody who forces others to improve or try harder. For all the flaws they had, at least Suarez and Vidal had this aura.

JohnN

That's the kind of game a player of Arthur's profile would be useful. Even Puig. Also, Coutinho should never have come out - he is our creator.

malvolio

You don't see it correctly.
It's not about where Messi plays better, it's rather about where he disrupts the rest less.
And apparently, the less costly positions is that of a 'false 9'
I wish that rat Barto would have let him go in the summer.
We will always be steps behind in building a competitive team with Messi hanging around and playing 90 min with absolute freedom on what to do

let's stick him at fullback then. he surely wouldn't "disrupt" our otherwise great game there.

and the less said the better about this rebuild after messi everyone is talking about. we would have got 100 mil for him and then what? it suddenly fixes the fact we have only one starter CB? firpo/roberto start looking like footballers? busquets/FDJ stop misplacing passes to put pressure on our defense? griezmann starts finding the opposition goal? fati/trincao/pedri get 5 years of game experience? koeman turns into guardiola?

the fact is we filled the team with dross over the last 5 years and since the veterans are leaving or showing their age, it is becoming apparent we are just not good enough. getting rid of our best player doesn't solve this problem.

behindbrowneyes

WTF VAR, what is it gooooood for? Absolutely nothiin yeah
Ejg3RT1WkAErzTc
here come da hot steppa

Madrid, it is good for Madrid.

FinBarcelonafan

hehehe Datz a W for Georgieboy :yes:

That setup was tailored-made for the speedster

Except that Bouze would've easily got passed Pique and gotten himself 1v1 vs Bono. Can't promise you he'd have scored though

Ejg3RT1WkAErzTc
here come da hot steppa

Nothing new under the sun. Real will always win the VAR battle in LaLiga. Look at their results in CL since VAR.. That's the real result.

hardyboy

hehehe Datz a W for Georgieboy :yes:

That setup was tailored-made for the speedster

Except that Bouze would've easily got passed Pique and gotten himself 1v1 vs Bono. Can't promise you he'd have scored though

Ejg3RT1WkAErzTc
here come da hot steppa

Wasn't a penalty imo. Diego Carlos got the ball first.

Andresito

Staff member
Yeah no it wasn't a penalty. First replay clearly showed he got the ball. Messi didn't react too much either.

Neeraj

This is what I wrote about after the first 2 good wins of the season. The new manager effect and more importantly, Messi's so called new found discipline and how long it would last, when things are not going according to plan. As soon as things seem to not be working, Messi starts dropping deep, asking for the ball too much, and all the players lose confidence to do what they did against Villareal for example, finding the best man.

I figured this would happen soon enough, and I just don't think we can rely on things always going well. We have to have a plan for when we are trailing or being shut out, and that plan has to ensure we don't go back to the Messi shit show. I don't know how Koeman does that, because 1) I don't rate him highly as a manager in general and 2) Messi decides to start moving deep and doing whatever he wants mid game, don't see what anybody on the sidelines can do at that point..

ranjix

Jefecito
When Greizmann is in right, there are no runs from right side. All chances were created from left side. Even when Greizmann was free, no one wants to pass to him and when he gets ball, he is horrible.

Busquets doesn't look fit to play whole match. I don't understand the decision.

Home of Barca Fans