Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 403

Thread: La Liga | Round 3: FC Barcelona - Villarreal 4-0

  1. #31
    Junior Member
    IvanAtanasov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    78
    I also doubt that Pjanic will start that game, probably after few games i hope he will replace Busi. Fati on the left, Messi and Griezmann in the center switching their positions might actually work and i prefer Trincao on the right. These days i watched few of his video compilation and of course what i saw in the pre-season , he is good one in one, fast, always seems to attract the attention of the opposite players(he beats the first and second or third is immediately coming to help) . He is confident, has a good shot from distance, can score and provide some good passes and crosses but the thing that i was really impressed with is that he is pressing, tracking back and recovering balls a lot
    "Cruyff killed me in front of the rest of the team and then in private he told me that I was the best." (Hristo Stoichkov)

  2. #32
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    741
    Looking forward to the first season with real wingers in a long time

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    24,433
    Quote Originally Posted by BusiTheKing View Post
    Looking forward to the first season with real wingers in a long time
    Yea, major change. Plus hopefully midfielders who can run and forwards who can press.

  4. #34
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    218
    Watch Griezmann and Coutinho both shoehorned into the starting lineup as ''wingers''.

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    jairzinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    América do Sul
    Posts
    3,557
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Yea, major change. Plus hopefully midfielders who can run and forwards who can press.


    Busquets says hi
    I always tell my guys that our playing style is about movement” - Marcelo Bielsa.

  6. #36
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,721
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    There's also Atletico, even though they will probably draw too many 0-0 and 1-1 type of games for their own sake.
    Thats the thing. With Suarez they have another so slow striker next to Costa. Im not afraid of them.

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    JohnN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,453
    Griezmann, Coutinho and Messi cannot coexist on the same lineup in my opinion. All need to play centrally and only 2 can fit in 4-2-3-1.
    We need those actual wingers to play if we want to have a balanced team.
    I would drop griezmann but perhaps he is the only one slightly capable of playing at the top of the offense. It's a tough call.

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    24,433
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    Griezmann, Coutinho and Messi cannot coexist on the same lineup in my opinion. All need to play centrally and only 2 can fit in 4-2-3-1.
    We need those actual wingers to play if we want to have a balanced team.
    I would drop griezmann but perhaps he is the only one slightly capable of playing at the top of the offense. It's a tough call.
    Best way would be to rotate between the 3.

  9. #39
    Member
    Slevinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    373
    This will be difficult. Villarreal has a strong team this year.

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    JerseyAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,600
    Quote Originally Posted by SmilerBam View Post
    Watch Griezmann and Coutinho both shoehorned into the starting lineup as ''wingers''.
    Jep... This.
    Andres DON Iniesta is the only player in football's history to be Man of the Match in a Champions League final, EURO final and World Cup final.

  11. #41
    Senior Member
    JerseyAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,600
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    Griezmann, Coutinho and Messi cannot coexist on the same lineup in my opinion. All need to play centrally and only 2 can fit in 4-2-3-1.
    We need those actual wingers to play if we want to have a balanced team.
    I would drop griezmann but perhaps he is the only one slightly capable of playing at the top of the offense. It's a tough call.
    If you want to sell 2 players you invested 100+m upu don't place thwm on the bench. They will force Cou on the wing and Griezz on 9 as mixh as they can...
    Andres DON Iniesta is the only player in football's history to be Man of the Match in a Champions League final, EURO final and World Cup final.

  12. #42
    Senior Member
    JohnN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyAddict View Post
    If you want to sell 2 players you invested 100+m upu don't place thwm on the bench. They will force Cou on the wing and Griezz on 9 as mixh as they can...
    Coutinho at least is a technically gifted player. I can't stand griezmann's technique. It's awkward. But, he could be more useful some times.

    We have dembele, griezmann and Coutinho that we paid too much. Someone has to get benched, but with 5 subs it's not a big issue.

  13. #43
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    24,433
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    Coutinho at least is a technically gifted player. I can't stand griezmann's technique. It's awkward. But, he could be more useful some times.

    We have dembele, griezmann and Coutinho that we paid too much. Someone has to get benched, but with 5 subs it's not a big issue.
    Griezmann could be useful if he didn't waste so many chances. His movement is good, is passing can be good. His dribbling is poor though, so he needs to be an off the ball player. Move often and shoot well.

  14. #44
    Senior Member
    Vilarrubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,157

  15. #45
    Senior Member
    JohnN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,453
    The squad hasn't been tested yet. Let's see how it goes. I am not really a fan of griezmann there on the right - I guess interchanging with Messi is the plan.