Gamper: Barca - Elche 1-0

JamDav1982

I'm not getting hyped up like you guys are. You're getting blown away when we've only played against bad teams.... in friendlies.

We also pressed in the early days for Setien, but the players eventually stopped caring. I'll wait and see how the season goes before I'll make judgement on the team. But I feel it's going to be the same old story this season. We've seen in the past that when the team is put under pressure, they tend to crumble pretty quickly.

You didnt wait and see how season goes.... you said with full confidence Barca are a disaster and heading for 'worst season ever' and then changed that to 'worst since Messi came through'.

The only one jumping gun is you not anyone being 'hyped'.

BusiTheKing

I'm not getting hyped up like you guys are. You're getting blown away when we've only played against bad teams.... in friendlies.

We also pressed in the early days for Setien, but the players eventually stopped caring. I'll wait and see how the season goes before I'll make judgement on the team. But I feel it's going to be the same old story this season. We've seen in the past that when the team is put under pressure, they tend to crumble pretty quickly.

imo there are things to be excited about that doesn't include intensity or workrate, like looking more balanced on the pitch, having more organic creativity, more diverse attacking options, this Messi role looking better for our defensive unit and so on.

xxxxxx

You didnt wait and see how season goes.... you said with full confidence Barca are a disaster and heading for 'worst season ever' and then changed that to 'worst since Messi came through'.

The only one jumping gun is you not anyone being 'hyped'.

I still stand by that. I haven't changed my stance on that. I still think we're going to have our worst season under Messi. Not one bit of evidence suggests we'll be better. We virtually have the same squad.... the squad is also one year older. Our defense is still as terrible as ever. Our manager isn't that great. Yeah, I'm sure he'll do the best he can.... but he has no money to even rebuild or call his squad his own.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, which is why I said I'll wait and see how it goes. But I'm not getting hyped up by a few friendly wins against poor teams. We dominated plenty of bad teams last season, yet we still struggled or got dominated by the better teams last season.

JamDav1982

I still stand by that. I haven't changed my stance on that. I still think we're going to have our worst season under Messi. Not one bit of evidence suggests we'll be better. We virtually have the same squad.... the squad is also one year older. Our defense is still as terrible as ever. Our manager isn't that great. Yeah, I'm sure he'll do the best he can.... but he has no money to even rebuild or call his squad his own.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, which is why I said I'll wait and see how it goes. But I'm not getting hyped up by a few friendly wins against poor teams. We dominated plenty of bad teams last season, yet we still struggled or got dominated by the better teams last season.

So dont claim waiting to see how season goes and others being 'hyped' from one game when you made conclusions before ball even kicked.

If course you are happy to be proven wrong it is a big reason many people predict the worst as you did. Cant lose.

snowy

Is Camavinga that type of players? He seems more like a box to box type of CM like Pogba, who have some flair for his game

He played it a lot last year and ranked top or 2nd in interceptions + tackles in all leagues iirc. Julien Steph likes to change formations from game to game. This year, the Vinga's got the 10 and is played more forward with Nzonzi in CDM or sometimes they go Double Pivot.

He's playing CM right now vs Monaco

edit: cocotte faitout is out cold. Nutmegged the Monaco rw but the dude got him back with a tackle from behind. Not foul called. SMH

Last edited:

FC433

Still early; however, we should not play Messi, Coutinho, and Busquets together. CL needs to be better.

JohnN

Odd one from the attack is Griezboy.

Messi, Cout, Fati, Dembele, Trincao. A combination of those should play up front.

Porque

Is Camavinga that type of players? He seems more like a box to box type of CM like Pogba, who have some flair for his game

He seems to be. I'm now thinking Koeman wanted Wijnaldim for the double pivot rather than AMC seeing as he counted on Coutinho from the start.

In tougher games he would have the option of Wijnaldum to AMC.

So this signing would have been more important than I first envisioned.

But for a pure DMC with good passing, positioning and defensive attributes there are many options on the market and in Ligue1.

Home of Barca Fans