Gamper: Barca - Elche 1-0

serghei

Trincao has high football IQ imo. It is evident because he is not sloppy in his passing selection. Even the finish he attempted was an out of the box option that reminded me of Eto'o ingenuity in front of goal. Was a top drawer save that from Elche's keeper.

xxxxxx

Dont agree.

Played well and had multiple threats in final third in comparison to last season.

Messi looked happy enough.

We were at home against Elche. We also dominated teams at home last season. I honestly don't expect much from this squad. We don't have the squad to do that pressing game against the better teams.

Porque

-Need a dynamic DMC option for big games. Camavinga mold.

-2 of Messi, Griezmann, Countinho for the AMC-ST line but not all 3.

-2 of Dembele, Ansu, Trincao for the wings.

-Puig should have a squad position. Ideally as AMC rotation with Coutinho but I guess Koeman prefers Pedri.

-Better fullback backups (I'm counting Semedo as sold right now), especially Alba otherwise we will run them to the ground.

JamDav1982

We were at home against Elche. We also dominated teams at home last season. I honestly don't expect much from this squad. We don't have the squad to do that pressing game against the better teams.

Well you are just changing the argument but Barca played well, pressed well and had more options in final third than last season.

BusiTheKing

Bit annoying that GKs had to pull out top saves to deny Pedri and Trincao goals. Would've have been great for confidence.

serghei

In the first half we looked like the team from Setien's days, slow, and with almost no runs, overall very static. In the 2nd half we looked better.

kattanib

-Need a dynamic DMC option for big games. Camavinga mold.

-2 of Messi, Griezmann, Countinho for the AMC-ST line but not all 3.

-2 of Dembele, Ansu, Trincao for the wings.

-Puig should have a squad position. Ideally as AMC rotation with Coutinho but I guess Koeman prefers Pedri.

-Better fullback backups (I'm counting Semedo as sold right now), especially Alba otherwise we will run them to the ground.

Absolutely, very close to my mental notes if not exact

xxxxxx

Well you are just changing the argument but Barca played well, pressed well and had more options in final third than last season.

Not really. We also dominated multiple bad teams last season. We're a good team against the bad sides, but we're not a good team against the better teams.

If we do that against multiple good teams this season, I'll give Koeman the benefit of the doubt. But I feel we'll struggle against the better teams. We just don't have the defense to compete against the better teams, especially if we press that high.

Xaviniesta

preferred lineup for now

--------------Messi------------
Dembele--Coutinho--Trincao
-----FdJ-------------Pjanic
Alba--Lenglet--Araujo--New RB

BusiTheKing

Not really. We also dominated multiple bad teams last season. We're a good team against the bad sides, but we're not a good team against the better teams.

If we do that against multiple good teams this season, I'll give Koeman the benefit of the doubt. But I feel we'll struggle against the better teams. We just don't have the defense to compete against the better teams, especially if we press that high.

Well, how would you expect us to prove that we can take on good opponents in a game against a bad opponent?

ronniecro

thrashed them,what a game.
messi doesn't want to be part of this so much,i don't know what to expect from him this season. there's more stuff that makes me want to miss our games than to watch them. i was at least hoping to watch trincao,fati and puig this season more,but since one has been written off and other two will probably be bench warmers for french flops i think i won't be bothered. i don't even want to start about the midfield consisted of busquets and freaking pjanić...

JamDav1982

Again you are changing argument but I dont agree and Barca played turgid football against the minnows as well too often with only Messi and Suarez walking about and playing almost outwith the team as a unit.

I get it you think this will be worst Barca season ever since Messi came through. I dont agree and think team will be better than last season but still have a lot to improve on.

xxxxxx

Well, how would you expect us to prove that we can take on good opponents in a game against a bad opponent?

I'm not getting hyped up like you guys are. You're getting blown away when we've only played against bad teams.... in friendlies.

We also pressed in the early days for Setien, but the players eventually stopped caring. I'll wait and see how the season goes before I'll make judgement on the team. But I feel it's going to be the same old story this season. We've seen in the past that when the team is put under pressure, they tend to crumble pretty quickly.

Home of Barca Fans