• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mssarm

1. Messi is Barca legend. We cannot keep him at the club if he wants to leave
2. Messi can leave for good cash offer
3. Messi should honor his contract and stay another year

Givenchy

Its unfortunate how things have played out so far but if Messi cares atall for BARCA and his legacy here, he needs to get us a fair fee as compensation. leaving the club that have given him so much and vice versa to join an oil club on a FREE is tarnishing his legacy.

Forget Barto and the board, they are gone soon. Barca are the ones who suffer most here and our fanbase has really given Messi so much support its bordering on worship. Sadly I think it'll be a messi (pardon the pun) divorce and he won't get much chance to say goodbye to the fans.

akaranzo

Its unfortunate how things have played out so far but if Messi cares atall for BARCA and his legacy here, he needs to get us a fair fee as compensation. leaving the club that have given him so much and vice versa to join an oil club on a FREE is tarnishing his legacy.

Forget Barto and the board, they are gone soon. Barca are the ones who suffer most here and our fanbase has really given Messi so much support its bordering on worship. Sadly I think it'll be a messi (pardon the pun) divorce and he won't get much chance to say goodbye to the fans.

That's a ridiculous thing to put on his shoulders. ''He needs to get us a fair fee as compensation''. That's not his responsibility at all, it's the board's.

SmilerBam

3.Messi should honor his contract and stay another year

It's actually a pure emotional answer.I really don't wanna see him at that plastic club.If there was another club,a 'big' club,i would have chosen the second option.Also,his attitude during this transfer saga was so shit towards the club,the fans,that i'll keep him just for another yeah and he doesnt wanna play,fine him very very bad.Everyone says that we should get some money on him and rebuild.Those money will be in the hands of Bartomeu.You really want this?The guy wasted the money from Neymar and even more on pure garbage and misfits.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Was meant to vote for "Messi can leave for good cash offer" , instead it chose the last option for me.

Last edited:

MagIX

4. If possible for good cash, if not, we cannot keep him at the club if he wants to leave.

snowy

Short Version _ many times, Barto assured Leo he'd be allowed to leave.

Right path is to honor that word :rambo:

Interview in Spanish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u_PvzMrCnk

FCBarca dude's take on it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VjzWLr6m-o&feature=emb_logo

translated transcript:

Lionel Messi to @goal: "I wasn't happy and I wanted to leave. I have not been allowed this in any way and I will STAY at the club so as not to get into a legal dispute. The management of the club led by Bartomeu is a disaster"
?I'll continue at Barcelona and my attitude won't change, no matter how much I have wanted to go.
?I told the club & the president that I wanted to go. I've been telling him all year.
"I thought my time in Barcelona was over, sadly - I always wanted to finish my career here."
Messi: "I would never go for a trial against the club of my life. Hence, I'm staying."
❗Messi: "The truth is that there is no project at this club. They just plug holes as and when things happen."
Messi: ?I always said I wanted to end here and I always said that I wanted to stay here. That I wanted a winning project and win titles with the club to continue expanding the legend of Barcelona. The truth is there has been no project or nothing for a long time?
Lionel Messi: "I told to the club, to the president in particular, that I wanted to leave. They know this since the start of the past season. I told them during all last 12 months. But I will stay here because I don't want to start a legal war". ��
Messi to Goal: ?I told the club, especially the president, that I wanted to go. I've been telling him all year. I believed it was time to step aside. I believed that the club needed more young people, new people and I thought my time in Barcelona was over?
Messi: ?The president always said that at the end of the season I could decide if I stayed or not. Now they hold on to the fact that I did not say it before June 10 when it turns out that on June 10 we were competing for the league in the middle of this shitty virus?.
�� Messi: "But I looked further afield and I want to compete at the highest level, win titles, compete in the Champions League. You can win or lose in it, because it is very difficult, but you have to compete."
Messi: "The burofax was an official way of telling the club about my intentions. I want to fullfil my new challenges & dreams."
�� Messi: "Now they cling to the fact that I did not say it before June 10, when it turns out that on June 10 we were competing for La Liga in the middle of this awful coronavirus and this disease altered all the season."
�� Messi: "I never felt alone. Those who are always have been by my side. But I did feel hurt by things that I heard from people, from media. It hurt me when my love for this club was questioned. No matter how much I go or stay, my love for Bar?a will never change."
Messi: "I will continue playing like I do. My attitude will not change. I always want the best for the club & the locker room."
�� Messi: "Barca gave me everything and I gave it everything. I know that it never crossed my mind to take Barca to court.?
Messi: "When I told my wife about my intentions, there was brutal drama. Kids started crying because they didn't want to leave."
��Messi: "He cried to me and said ?let's not go?. I repeat that it was hard, really. It was understandable. It happened to me. It is very difficult to make a decision."
Messi: ?I said that it wasn't enough for us to win the Champions League. Actually, now I don't know what will happen. There is a new coach and a new idea. That's good, but then we have to see how the team responds and if it will give us or not to compete."
�� Messi: "Now I will stay because Bartomeu told me that the only way to leave was if the 700M buyout fee was paid. I would never go to court against Bar?a because it is the club that I love, that gave me everything since I arrived, it is the club of my life."
�� Messi: ?I love Barcelona and I'm not going to find a better place than here anywhere. Still, I have the right to decide. I was going to look for new goals and new challenges. And tomorrow I could go back, because here in Barcelona I have everything."
�� Messi: "My son, my family, they grew up here and are from here. There was nothing wrong with wanting to leave. I needed it, the club needed it and it was good for everyone."
�� Messi: "It hurt me a lot that things are published against me and above all, that false things are published. Or that they came to think that I could go to trial against Bar?a in order to benefit. I would never do such a thing. I wanted to leave and it was my right."
?Barcelona is my life, they have brought me to where I am today, I could not leave, I don?t want to leave. My heart stays with Barcelona.?
�� Messi: "Now I don't know what will happen. There is a new coach and a new idea. That's good, but then we have to see how the team responds and if it will give us or not to compete."
�� ? Messi: "It doesn't matter when I leave or for how long I stay; my love for Bar?a is everlasting."

Last edited:

snowy

Craig Burley gets it

Picturing Messi sweating it out on the pitch and Barto in the VIP boot seeping the Dom. GOT level betrayal shizzz

Worst, what if Messi gets subconscious blocks where a part of his brain will order his foot to sky the shot or trip himself _ so as not to give Barto any satisfaction. + all the possible mood swings, panic attacks, brain fog, fatigue, low serotonin, etc associated with a negative mindset...

This is so F'd up on so many levels :facepalm:

Burly man once again on point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXGl_jcLGAo

k no more spamming the neg, I promise :salute: Eagle 1 out

Richard.H

^^Saw that video, keep in mind ESPN FC is a US source. To all pundits out here, it is very weird what's going on with Barca. Like Twellman said, why keep him when he can just sign and go on a free elsewhere? Why hold him hostage? It damages both parties.

Home of Barca Fans