Votes: 42 72.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 27.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

i_bleed_blaugrana

can't believe people are falling for messi's bluff :lol:

Youre delusional.

The sooner you accept its over and that we are becoming the new AC Milan, the easier itll be when it happens. So when its this time in December and we are in 10th and Koeman gets sacked, its going to be worse when we lose de Jong, Fati and Puig bc they dont want to waste their careers at a club that cant even make it into Europa League.

People dont realize just how much this club relies on him and makes it that much worse when the board are letting this happen just to clear their debts. We attracted top talent bc we had Messi and were one of the elite clubs in Europe. Without those two things and absolutely no transfer budget, how tf can we even start a rebuild now?

We thought it was bad before and its about to get a lot worse now.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

You?re delusional.

The sooner you accept its over and that we are becoming the new AC Milan, the easier it?ll be when it happens. So when it?s this time in December and we are in 10th and Koeman gets sacked, it?s going to be worse when we lose de Jong, Fati and Puig bc they don?t want to waste their careers at a club that can?t even make it into Europa League.

People don?t realize just how much this club relies on him and makes it that much worse when the board are letting this happen just to clear their debts.

We thought it was bad before and it?s about to get a lot worse now.

Barcelona will be nowhere near as low as tenth and keeping the amigos and likes of Suarez is more heading to Milan territory than this situation.

Will be comfortably top three at worst.

Latschenkiefer

I can't believe he goes that way. Between the seasons without a proper farewell like some random bum. Everyone is to blame for this. Barto for being a corrupt piece of shit and along with the coaches being incompetent, he himself for being loyal to his toxic friends and obviously being an idiot and the miserable and ungrateful fanbase who can't live without a prominent scapegoat. The guy just broke the la liga assist record and was top scorer - again.

This is how he should go. Even if it means him mostly sitting on the bench next year. And it's not just about him, this treatment will also massively damage the club's reputation.

How can you disrespect your club like this? Going to a terrible oil club and taking their dirty money to achieve what? He already has all the money in the world. Being eliminated in the CL quarters again? I don't think his chances to win the CL again will rise with this move. In Barcelona he could extend his la liga goal record. That's at least something. If he is so desperate to leave then at least go to Newell's. Also Suarez could find his current level there. Don't piss on your legacy like this. And what does City gain from this? Surely not a better defence. More money? I don't think they need it. In the end City fans will blame him for his immobility while his team members will be upset because of his ridiculous wage.
Barto should resign, Messi should arrange himself with Koeman and Suarez should be forced to move to Espanyol so that he can always have dinner with his friend. Next year he can fuck off.

Last edited:

Andrew M

I think Messi is really putting himself in a position where there's no going back. Barto is resisting for now, but in the end I think they'll negotiate a fee with Man City.

Richard.H

Barto will always be a kunt and he will never again be able to walk in las ramblas or placa catalunya safely. He will always be known as the piece of shit that got rid of him. Messi has gone too far to turn back from this now. I am fully expecting some announcement by Friday. They might be negotiating with Man City as we speak. I am starting to believe the delay is only because the clubs are negotiating on the fee.

Barto better step down once this is all done or else he will have fans protesting at the club offices every night...

blackrum

no turning back now after all he did...

I think Messi is really putting himself in a position where there's no going back. Barto is resisting for now, but in the end I think they'll negotiate a fee with Man City.

Messi has done little more so far than to hand in that request and then not say anything publicly for now. The rest was the media, the internet and Barca's presser statements, which makes it feel like a whole circus happened. I don't see how he couldn't decide to change his mind, of course supposing something else happens, like further negotiations, a board reaction, etc. Not likely that the latter is gonna happen, but Messi has still room to manoeuvre. On top of that, I don't think Messi really cares or is principled enough to think 'there's no coming back for me now!', or even thinks he's responsible for press and fan reactions. When people laughed at him for going back to international duty after retiring, he just laughed it off.

Granted, combined with the "if people want me to go, I'll go" comment a few years back, I fully believe that this is serious and he might have had enough this time, but... to me everything still seems as question mark-y as it did 36 hours ago. We just don't know much more than we did then.

Last edited:

Andrew M

Messi has done little more so far than to hand in that request and then not say anything publicly for now. The rest was the media, the internet and Barca's presser statements, which makes it feel like a whole circus happened. I don't see how he couldn't decide to change his mind, of course supposing something else happens, like further negotiations, a board reaction, etc. Not likely that the latter is gonna happen, but Messi has still room to manoeuvre. On top of that, I don't think Messi really cares or is principled enough to think 'there's no coming back for me now!', or even thinks he's responsible for press and fan reactions. When people laughed at him for going back to international duty after retiring, he just laughed it off.

Granted, combined with the "if people want me to go, I'll go" comment a few years back, I fully believe that this is serious and he might have had enough this time, but... to me everything still seems as question mark-y as it did 36 hours ago. We just don't know much more than we did then.

I think it's pretty clear Messi wants to leave. He won't just suddenly change his mind. Generally the will of the player wins out in these affairs. I think we'll resist and resist until we have to negotiate his exit with City.

If he truly does want out, I think that's for the best to be honest, provided we get a fair fee.

mc_lovin

Yep, if he stays now we are done as a club. Would turn a sporting crisis into an institutional one.

Damn shame though. Just looking at his stats for us is incomprehensible.

ManusXavi

I created this poll but I don't know how to change my answer to yes. I was all 'macho know it all, he won't leave' but now i definitely think he can not stay. Imagine taking a 3 week holiday with no social media and coming back to this.
Edit: Not even a 3 week holiday but a 6 day holiday. So much has happened in so little time

Last edited:

blackrum

I created this poll but I don't know how to change my answer to yes. I was all 'macho know it all, he won't leave' but now i definitely think he can not stay. Imagine taking a 3 week holiday with no social media and coming back to this.
Edit: Not even a 3 week holiday but a 6 day holiday. So much has happened in so little time

I was staying off the internet for a while and returned late at night when the news first broke, coming to twitter seeing Messi as the no. 1 trend world-wide thinking it was a joke. You stay off once and this happens.

Home of Barca Fans