2020/21 squad

Alik

Letting Todibo go has left our squad weaker. Let's hope our 3 CBs remain injury-free and card-free for the rest of the season.

khaled_a_d

Letting Todibo go has left our squad weaker. Let's hope our 3 CBs remain injury-free and card-free for the rest of the season.

He would have been 4th CB at best, and won't be surprised if Koeman just rated Ramos Mingo higher than him.

Alik

He would have been 4th CB at best, and won't be surprised if Koeman just rated Ramos Mingo higher than him.

I know. 4 CBs is better than 3. Considering one is 34-years old and the other has a tendecy of picking up cards.

In that case, let's hope Koeman is right.

Andresito

Staff member
Remember that we are in October. Next game is on the 18th, so it's a little bit more than two full months until the transfer window opens again.

We should be able to survive with Umtiti/Mingo as the 4th CB.

Messi983

And there is another international break in November.

Anyway, we'll play 17 games before transfer window opens again. I think we'll go after Garcia again in January but we should be ok until then with Pique, Lenglet (they're both very durable) and Araujo. FDJ or Busi can be emergency CBs as well.

FC433

Some thoughts (all over the place):

- I hope Pedri gets his favourite number 8, and would love to see FDJ wear 6.
- Neto should be sold and replaced by either Pena/ Onana.
- If we manage to somehow release/ sell Pjanic, Coutinho, and Alena, then I would love to see us get a new CM.
- I think we need a LB, but it is not a priority right now. I would wait and hope for a good opportunity.
- We should definitely look to add a promising wide player for either the first team/ B.
- I do not feel comfortable replacing Braithwaite with Aguero, seems odd.

Zidane82

Saul supposedly incoming

So what is the plan ??

Keeper

Back four

Busquets

FDJ / Saul / Pedri

Messi and KunA

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Lets assess the squad depth

GK: Steven, Neto, (Inaki)
RB: Dest, Mingueza
CB: Pique, Araujo, Garcia, Lenglet, (Umtiti)
LB: Alba, Balde
CDM: Busi, Nico, (Pjanic)
RCM: De Jong, Roberto
LCM: Pedri, Gavi, (Puig)
RW: Dembele, Demir, (Collado)
LW: Ansu, Braithwaite, Coutinho
CF: Depay, Aguero, Luuk De Jong

Left in brackets the players that Koeman probably will not use. Lack of depth at CM is evident. Will probably get some 4-2-3-1 with Coutinho at CAM though. Overall, the squad is strong enough for a comfortable top 4 finish.

FinBarcelonafan

Missing Roberto

He can cover RB and midfield. Helps with the depth a lot!

Curious how Mingueza will do as a RB.

Balde is definitely too "green" defensively but offensively seems to have a lot of promise.

As long as our key players are fairly healthy we should be OK

I wish we had quicker options for Busis spot.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans