All time Milan XI and how Barca's fares in comparison

KingLeo10

With all the gloom and doom (much of it rightful) about our club, I got to thinking of another European giant.

Here's Milan's best XI (all time) based on playing strength in the years a player actually played for their club. That means, for example, R9 is only available for use if R9's Milan level is up to par. We can't take his Barca/Inter/Brazil level.

Dida / Maldini - Baresi - Nesta - Cafu / Rijkaard - Pirlo - Seedorf - Kaka / Van Basten Gullit

Do you think we have an XI that can beat this team and if so, please post.

I'll probably make one of RM and Bayern soon. I think Milan has the strongest one so I started here.

serghei

With all the gloom and doom (much of it rightful) about our club, I got to thinking of another European giant.

Here's Milan's best XI (all time) based on playing strength in the years a player actually played for their club. That means, for example, R9 is only available for use if R9's Milan level is up to par. We can't take his Barca/Inter/Brazil level.

Dida / Maldini - Baresi - Nesta - Cafu / Rijkaard - Pirlo - Seedorf - Kaka / Van Basten Gullit

I'll probably make one of RM and Bayern soon. I think Milan has the strongest one so I started here.

We do. Pep's team, upgraded with peak Ronaldinho on the left and peak Eto'o as 9, with Messi on the right wing. Or even MSN Barca with peak Xavi and Iniesta controlling the game and providing them elite service.

Too much firepower in offense, and too much control and technique in midfield.

Vilarrubi

What a team.

Valdes / Alves - Puyol - Pique - Abidal / Xavi - Busi - Iniesta / Ronaldinho - Eto’o - Messi

Like Serghei said.. could swap those forwards out for peak MSN. Shittttt. Imagine our 2011 midfield with 2014/15 MSN. Ridiculous.

Capitan Puyol

What a team.

Valdes / Alves - Puyol - Pique - Abidal / Xavi - Busi - Iniesta / Ronaldinho - Eto’o - Messi

Like Serghei said.. could swap those forwards out for peak MSN. Shittttt. Imagine our 2011 midfield with 2014/15 MSN. Ridiculous.
It's almost Barca from 2007/2008 only without Alves and Busi, but with Henry and Deco. And that team finished 3rd in La Liga... We had at the same time Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Messi and Henry in 2007/2008.

serghei

It's almost Barca from 2007/2008 only without Alves and Busi, but with Henry and Deco. And that team finished 3rd in La Liga... We had at the same time Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Messi and Henry in 2007/2008.

But those are players at peak years. Peak Ronaldinho never played with peak Messi. To have peak Ronaldinho and peak Messi on each side. That's monstrous.

And peak Xavi and Iniesta from Guardiola days.

Add a shout for Romario as well. One of the all time greatest no9s. Unbelievable skill in the box.

Surely throughout Barca's history there has been a better GK , LB , and potentially a DM.

That's peak Busi from the days when he was breaking the legs of Madrid players.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

As Serghei said it’s each players best year/version of themselves.... so Ronaldinho is obviously 05/06 version. And so on.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End

Are you drunk?

This is Milan's best XI of all time IMO:-

GK:- Rossi
RB:- Tassotti
CB:- Baresi
CB:- Nesta
LB:- Maldini
DM:- Rijkaard
CM:- Rivera
CM:- Seedorf
AM:- Liedholm
FD:- Nordahl
FD:- Van Basten

Is there an XI who can beat this team? That is hard to quantify as that team is made up of players from certain eras. Certainly I do think XI's made up from Barca, Real, Bayern, Man Utd and Liverpool could definitely compete against that team and if they played 10 times would probably win between 4-6 times.

KingLeo10

Are you drunk?

This is Milan's best XI of all time IMO:-

GK:- Rossi
RB:- Tassotti
CB:- Baresi
CB:- Nesta
LB:- Maldini
DM:- Rijkaard
CM:- Rivera
CM:- Seedorf
AM:- Liedholm
FD:- Nordahl
FD:- Van Basten

Is there an XI who can beat this team? That is hard to quantify as that team is made up of players from certain eras. Certainly I do think XI's made up from Barca, Real, Bayern, Man Utd and Liverpool could definitely compete against that team and if they played 10 times would probably win between 4-6 times.

I'm just spurring debate and an appreciation of past greats. I guess I should have added the qualifier that this was MY perception of Milan's best XI. I do think you give more weightage to the older eras, hence the difference in the lists.

Home of Barca Fans