Premier League 2020/2021

Who will win the Premier League?

• Total voters

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Bayern has the same problem, last season they were terrific and this season they play like a headless chicken. Its hard to get on the top but its even harder to stay at the top. Still cant believe how Real has won three times in a row the CL, we wont see this again for a very very long time.

El Gato

Villarato!
Liverpool will resurge once VVD is back. Though the Salah situation is something they probably need to address as well

khaled_a_d

Liverpool will resurge once VVD is back. Though the Salah situation is something they probably need to address as well

Grade 3 ACL isn't easy to predict. Generally I think we are closer to an era where ACL aren't that big of a deal for top level athlete, and I surely hope he is coming back the same, but this is one that could have long term implications.
Without him as his former self they are in trouble.
And they have decisions to make, their core is aging and it is either renew them and enjoy having them as great team for 2 more years, or just sell them and gamble with their replacements.

Morten

Bayern has the same problem, last season they were terrific and this season they play like a headless chicken. Its hard to get on the top but its even harder to stay at the top. Still cant believe how Real has won three times in a row the CL, we wont see this again for a very very long time.

Also make you rate United 06-11 even more, they first won 3 titles in a row and made two CL-finals.

They were also just one point behind Chelsea in 09/10, then won it again in 10/11 while making another CL-final.

Thats a good 5 years of being at the top, or very close to it.

Jenks

:lol: Closet Pool fans/contrarians/British nationalist Jenks out in full force.

All I'm saying is they believed their own hype a little too much and their silverware doesn't match the arrogance of some of their team members.

What arrogance?

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Also make you rate United 06-11 even more, they first won 3 titles in a row and made two CL-finals.

They were also just one point behind Chelsea in 09/10, then won it again in 10/11 while making another CL-final.

Yeah that was Sir Alex prime era of Manu, they were incredible but this also shows how good was barca back then, they beat them two times in the cl final. Incredible football years back then.

Xaviniesta

livepool have the players of a counter attacking team but for some reason they try to play possesion football

that's basically why they suck now

Birdy

Level of competition back then pales in comparison to post-2016 EPL.
Especially 06-11 Utd had only declining Mou's Chelsea and then Ancelotti's Chelsea as competition. No one else came even close.

livepool have the players of a counter attacking team but for some reason they try to play possesion football

that's basically why they suck now

You can't play counter attacking football when the opponent is waiting for you barricaded inside the box.
Counter-attacking football stopped for Liverpool circa 2018, when all opponents knew they would be killed if they give them any space to counter.
Since then, they are devising alternative ways of breaking down opponents.
Thiago addition highlights another weapon towards precisely that task.

Morten

Im still waiting for the United-decline with Ole, it has to happen sooner rather than later, right?
He was just another average manager before this, i should know, i follow Norwegian football.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Since his Man Utd debut, Bruno Fernandes has scored more goals than any other player for Premier League clubs (28).

How good is this guy ? Maybe the best PL player at the moment.

Birdy

Im still waiting for the United-decline with Ole, it has to happen sooner rather than later, right?
He was just another average manager before this, i should know, i follow Norwegian football.

Was he?
He has showed good signs in building a fast, counter-attacking side.

But we all know you never win Leagues with that kind of side. You might win cups (domestic or european), but in the League you need to beat inferior sides that sit back and wait for you week in week out.
That's the biggest challenge for him.

This United, I would say, is around where Klopp's Liverpool were in 16-18

BarcaOG

Banned
i dont know, i watched the game i though united were very meh... that was a very good freekick by Fernandes but its an isolated act, more on him than united as a team. i still rate united as very average side. for example, maguire, lindelod, and pogba are soooooo brutally 'meh'/boring, always making silly mistakes/giving the ball away. yet they are getting very consistent results. i am with those who think this is a bubble that has to burst some time soon. seems to me like theyre punching way higher above their weight.

for example, again, i would feel very confident that barca would beat United if we played them in the CL over two legs. very very confident. but i would not say that at all about liverpool

Home of Barca Fans