Premier League 2020/2021

Who will win the Premier League?

• Total voters

KingLeo10

Liverpool have experience on their side, especially on the coaching end. Flick is good but he's not Klopp good, just yet. I'd back them 55-45 v Bayern.

Xaviniesta

You can't compare Kovac Bayern with Flick's Bayern, besides Lewandowski, Gnabry & Sane is a better attack than Liverpools imo, and Kimmich and Goretzka with Muller just in front is as good as Liverpools midfield. Liverpools defence is slightly better but Neuer is a better keeper than Allison. So I would still go with Bayern, their team is younger too with so much room to develop and improve.

yes i can, flick was assitant coach, he probably contributed a major part to how bayern played in those 2 legs. now 1 year later klopp has his former player and that will be a major advantage when analyzing tactics.

fact is lewa and gnabry were pocketed by matip and i see the same happening again if the overrated gomez isn't played at CB.

most of liverpool's team are at the prime age for footballers and they have more experience as well, particularly klopp in 2-legged ties. bayern being younger isn't really that big of an advantage

Last edited:

ebc_99

Flick wasn't assistant last season, and Bayern played defensive in both games. Flick has fundamentally changed the way Bayern play, they play a much higher line, press aggressively from the front and move the ball much quicker and use the width of the pitch to a greater extent. Kimmich was at Right back which is now Pavard, Alaba was at Left Back which is now Davies, Muller & Goretzka were on the bench, Neuer was still recovering from his injury, so they have changed quite a bit since they met Liverpool.

There wasn't much wrong with Bayern back in 2018 when they lost the semi vs Real, they were the better side in both games and should have faced Liverpool in the Final which they probably would have won, the 2018/19 season with Kovac was an example of an incompetent manager making a mess of a fine team, Bayern realised early enough to rectify it and went back to the level they were before, this time with Flick instead of Heynckes. So the games with Liverpool are not an accurate reflection of the this current Bayern team.

serghei

To be honest, looking at both teams, I'd only be sure of Lewandowski to break into Liverpool's best 11. Maybe Kimmich. Alisson and Neuer are both top 3 with Oblak. Sane is not better than Mane, and Salah is better than Gnabry. The backline would be all Liverpool. I'd even take Robertson over Davies at this point, purely because of defensive ability.

Bayern are great, but they kind of got dominated by PSG in the final looking at the big scoring chances.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

To be honest, looking at both teams, I'd only be sure of Lewandowski to break into Liverpool's best 11. Maybe Kimmich. Alisson and Neuer are both top 3 with Oblak. Sane is not better than Mane, and Salah is better than Gnabry. The backline would be all Liverpool. I'd even take Robertson over Davies at this point, purely because of defensive ability.

Bayern are great, but they kind of got dominated by PSG in the final looking at the big scoring chances.

Liverpool won the CL the proper way. 2 legged ties, going through opposing stadiums like Camp Nou.

Bayern are good but very overhyped right now.

El Gato

Villarato!
Sure, but the argument of lack of two legged ties implies you'd expect them to perhaps do worse if had to go through away games?

ebc_99

Liverpool lost 4 times in 2018/19 Champions League including against PSG so that proves nothing, the teams would be pretty close but I would have Neuer, Davies, Kimmich, Goretzka and Lewandowski and Muller in my team but I could see why others would prefer the Liverpool players. But Liverpool struggles to score compared to Bayern and I don;t think they could do to Barca and Spurs what Bayern did tbh.

KingLeo10

Sure, but the argument of lack of two legged ties implies you'd expect them to perhaps do worse if had to go through away games?

They could do worse in away games or they couldn't. I'm just saying the path to glory would be longer under normal circumstances. 7 games (3 away) instead of 4 neutral venue. There's little to no chance teams like AM go out to RBL or Lyon make the CL semis in the typical format. Statistically, this CL was an easier ask.

I just want them to be tested to the same degree as other champions before giving them all the dues.

Capitan Puyol

Heynckes lost German cup final in 2018 to Nico Kovac's Eintracht 1-3, so that Bayern was weaker than Flick's Bayern.
And in the quarters CL 2018 they'd struggled against Montella's Sevilla with 0-0 in Munich and 2-1 in Spain.

Home of Barca Fans